Menu

I lost my jacket :'(

Farrar

I lost my favorite jacket. Which, honestly, might be a blessing since it was getting bedraggled. But in the meantime, I have to replace it. I have NO IDEA where it could be and I think it must have gotten taken somewhere and left.

It was one of those tailored jersey jackets. Like a hoodie and a properly done coat had a baby and it looked like a coat but was actually just warm multilayered jersey material. These were sort of big a decade ago and I had a couple but this was the one that was left and I wore it to death because it was super comfy and big and stretchy so it fit over everything. And now... I can't find that type of jacket anywhere. Am I just using the wrong search terms? Are they just not a thing anymore?

• Sad 9

Definitely not denim. I have a denim jacket that I like. But I loved that this was soft and slightly stretchy but didn't look like a hoodie.

It was basically a pea coat in hoodie material. With fat buttons. But I'm open to a number of different styles. It's more the tailored but made out of thick, warm jersey element that I'm looking for.

I'm fine with buying used on ebay or Poshmark, but I genuinely can't figure out what terms to search. My jacket didn't actually have a hood. It was more that the fabric was like a jersey knit or sweatshirt - like a hoodie - only tailored and thicker. That's what I'm looking for - the fabric more than a specific cut or style. I mean, obviously I have opinions about that part too, but it's the fabric and squishy feel that I want. Only I don't want an actual normal hoodie or a fleece.

You can see why I'm having trouble searching for it. It took me a paragraph to describe it and many of you just linked things that are nothing like what I mean. Which is fine! I'm grateful! But also, I'm struggling to figure out how to say it, I guess.

• Like 1

Y'all are super helpful. But I'm clearly not describing it right AT ALL. 😂

I definitely don't want anything wool. Or anything wool/poly blend or really anything mostly polyester because those fabrics are stiffer in my experience. I definitely want something cotton or cotton/viscose/poly/rayon blend.

I want something that looks at first glance like an actual coat or proper jacket but moves like a hoodie sweatshirt.

I searched sweatshirt+coat and turned up some things on Etsy that might be the right fabric? Like, this does not look like my old jacket, but it does look like it's the right fabric so I might get it?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/503401446/hoodie-coat-winter-coat-plus-size

Edited by Farrar

Okay I have no idea what it is called but I have owned one I think like what you are describing and it was awesome! It was like a sweatshirt coat and I think it came from Old Navy about 15 years ago. But it was perfect because I have fat arms but narrow shoulders so the stretchy fabric made it way comfier than a coat but it kind of looked tailored and felt way more pulled together than a hoodie or fleece. 

I get kind of claustrophobic in actual winter coats that don’t stretch but I like the look of something that actually looked like a coat and this was the holy grail. No idea where I left mine either but I’ve kind of looked at things that looked similar over the years and never quite found it. Share if you find what you are looking for because we are all invested now!

6 hours ago, Farrar said:

Y'all are super helpful. But I'm clearly not describing it right AT ALL. 😂

I definitely don't want anything wool. Or anything wool/poly blend or really anything mostly polyester because those fabrics are stiffer in my experience. I definitely want something cotton or cotton/viscose/poly/rayon blend.

I want something that looks at first glance like an actual coat or proper jacket but moves like a hoodie sweatshirt.

I searched sweatshirt+coat and turned up some things on Etsy that might be the right fabric? Like, this does not look like my old jacket, but it does look like it's the right fabric so I might get it?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/503401446/hoodie-coat-winter-coat-plus-size

Okay, that's a fine jacket, but one of the terms in the title is "party coat." Who searches etsy for "party coat," sees that one and thinks, "Yep!"

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, momto3innc said:

Now I want several of these that others have posted! What about this?

https://www.mobstub.com/d/Soft-Comfy-Plush-Pea-Coat-12-Colors

I have one exactly like this.  Mine is a random brand I bought on a random site in my quest for comfort.  While comfy, the arms are oddly short.  I have long arms but this is really short ( think elbow length sleeves). I can usually wear most jackets and not have a problem.  

Edited by itsheresomewhere