Menu

I’m halfway there!!

Elizabeth86

🥳 20 weeks behind me and 20-ish weeks to go! I can’t wait to meet this baby. I love having babies, but I’m no good at being pregnant. 😭

And more happy news!!! The weather is dropping into the 60’s so I will no longer be melting! The summer weather has been making all the pregnancy symptoms worse!

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 27

39 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

AWWWW.  Congrats.  I swear other people's pregnancies go by so fast, but your own goes so much slower.  How are you feeling?  Did you find out the sex of the baby?

Thanks. I’m feeling tons better, but I’m always so off with my emotions, so irrational, so ask everyone around me how they are doing. 🤣I’m always 💯 back to myself as soon as the baby exists my body, so there is an end in sight! Thanks for asking. Monday is my ultrasound, so I might know then. Dh is pushing to keep it a surprise, so we shall see. I want to know! We have 2 boys then 2 girls, so this will be our tiebreaker!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Thanks. I’m feeling tons better, but I’m always so off with my emotions, so irrational, so ask everyone around me how they are doing. 🤣I’m always 💯 back to myself as soon as the baby exists my body, so there is an end in sight! Thanks for asking. Monday is my ultrasound, so I might know then. Dh is pushing to keep it a surprise, so we shall see. I want to know! We have 2 boys then 2 girls, so this will be our tiebreaker!

Awww a tiebreaker!!  How exciting.  I hope the next 20 weeks go fast for you so you can get back to yourself.  When are you due?

• Thanks 1

Just now, mommyoffive said:

Awww a tiebreaker!!  How exciting.  I hope the next 20 weeks go fast for you so you can get back to yourself.  When are you due?

Thank you so much! I’m due February 9th. I had ICP with my last pregnancy, so it is likely that I will again. In that case, baby will be here at 37 weeks. I’ve had 36 and 37 weekers and 2 were 10 and 12 days past due, so a due means nothing for me. Lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

What is ICP?  

Here is a site all about it. Basically my liver doesn’t process bile properly during pregnancy and past 37 weeks can cause complications and still birth. Really all is well for mom and you return to normal after the birth. The main symptom is itchy hands and feet at night.

• Like 1

Congrats! I had two boys then two girls as well. We decided we wanted to keep #5 a surprise but little bugger had other plans lol. As soon as the technician put the wand on my belly, there was no denying what we saw lol! He said, "Look at me! I'm a boy!" lol. Lesson learned, if you truly want a surprise, have the technician turn the screen away from you until it is safe to look lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sweet2ndchance said:

Congrats! I had two boys then two girls as well. We decided we wanted to keep #5 a surprise but little bugger had other plans lol. As soon as the technician put the wand on my belly, there was no denying what we saw lol! He said, "Look at me! I'm a boy!" lol. Lesson learned, if you truly want a surprise, have the technician turn the screen away from you until it is safe to look lol.

I want to know, so it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Dh is the one wanting to be surprised. How funny.

18 minutes ago, LMD said:

Lovely! Hope your ultrasound goes beautifully! The cooler weather must be such a relief!

I've just passed 33 weeks with our baby #5. Counting down the weeks now, pregnancy is a wild ride...

Congratulations! I didn’t know anyone else on here was pregnant! You are almost there! Are you having a boy or girl?

• Like 1

Thanks!

Yes, I'm too tired to post much these days 😅

We're having another boy! 💙 That makes one girl (17) and 4 boys (15, 12, 9, almost here)! 😄

I totally relate to the emotions, I've been all over the place this pregnancy. Hope you continue to feel well and the ICP holds off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scarlett said:

@LMD amd @Elizabeth86 and you guys talking names yet?  I always love a good name choosing thread. I am still over the moon that a boardie named her daughter Violet after I suggest it and lobbied for it.  

Ugh. No. I have a list of names and dh has his list. We hate each other’s names. I especially hate choosing boy names because imagine all the thousands of male names that are off the list due to him knowing some unsavory character with every name I could come up with. 🤣 If it were up to me, my girl would be named Alice. I like the old fashioned names and shorter names that aren’t likely to get shortened. Alice Sophia would be my choose, but every time I mention it my dh says Alice? Who the F*ck is Alice? Which is from a song called Living next door to Alice that he heard on the radio when he was in Europe and he was a teen and was surprised it wasn’t edited on the radio, and he’s never forgot that. So I don’t think Alice is really a very good idea. I also like Vivian. 🤣 Isaac and Joseph have always been on my list, but always shot down my dh. I am also fond of August and call him Gus, but I’m not sure if you can use a month name if the baby isn’t born in that month. 🤣 I’m so bad at names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

😄 @Elizabeth86 that song is an Aussie classic, every man, woman and child shouts that line! Still, Alice is not an uncommon name here and they don't get shouted at 😂

See, I think it's weirder to use the month name that a child is born in! August is a great name. What are your husband's suggestions?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LMD said:

😄 @Elizabeth86 that song is an Aussie classic, every man, woman and child shouts that line! Still, Alice is not an uncommon name here and they don't get shouted at 😂

See, I think it's weirder to use the month name that a child is born in! August is a great name. What are your husband's suggestions?

🤣I’d still go with Alice, I’m just not sure dh would. He 💯 would sing that line often. Poor girl will grow thinking dad is really forgetful. 🤣 I honestly can’t remember all of HD’s names as we haven’t even talked about it this go around, but Ernest for sure. Ernest is fine, but who could not associate this name with the Ernest movies? He also likes Earl. So he likes old fashioned names too, just not the same ones as me. 🤣 I don’t know if he has any girl names. I’ll let you all know when we share lists. My ultrasound is Monday, so hopefully I will know and we will only have to choose one name. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Good for you all!! I wish we had a name chosen!

Thanks 💜

We've always had a weird thing with names, like the right name just settles and we know who's coming. Thankful to have one less bit of angst during pregnancy 😄

If you're all dying of curiosity 😉, this little one is named Konstantin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elizabeth86 said:

🤣I’d still go with Alice, I’m just not sure dh would. He 💯 would sing that line often. Poor girl will grow thinking dad is really forgetful. 🤣 I honestly can’t remember all of HD’s names as we haven’t even talked about it this go around, but Ernest for sure. Ernest is fine, but who could not associate this name with the Ernest movies? He also likes Earl. So he likes old fashioned names too, just not the same ones as me. 🤣 I don’t know if he has any girl names. I’ll let you all know when we share lists. My ultrasound is Monday, so hopefully I will know and we will only have to choose one name. 🤣

Okay, yeah, I vote you get to pick the names 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LMD said:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm too tired to post much these days 😅

We're having another boy! 💙 That makes one girl (17) and 4 boys (15, 12, 9, almost here)! 😄

I totally relate to the emotions, I've been all over the place this pregnancy. Hope you continue to feel well and the ICP holds off!

Wow I just reread that. 9 years old and a new baby is a huge gap! I’m over here feeling weird about having an almost 5 year gap. I already feel this baby is going to need a sibling close in age even though I really don’t want to. 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Wow I just reread that. 9 years old and a new baby is a huge gap! I’m over here feeling weird about having an almost 5 year gap. I already feel this baby is going to need a sibling close in age even though I really don’t want to. 🤣

😆

Yeah it's something lol

I think it will be nice in many ways, my 9 & 12 year old are really looking forward to it and are very sweet. The older 2 are trying to be grown up and semi independent. It's a very surreal stage I'm finding myself in...

We've had similar conversations about a close in age sibling but I'm like, I'm nearly 40, I'm just trying to get through this one! Pregnancy in late 30s is very different to 20s!

4 minutes ago, LMD said:

😆

Yeah it's something lol

I think it will be nice in many ways, my 9 & 12 year old are really looking forward to it and are very sweet. The older 2 are trying to be grown up and semi independent. It's a very surreal stage I'm finding myself in...

We've had similar conversations about a close in age sibling but I'm like, I'm nearly 40, I'm just trying to get through this one! Pregnancy in late 30s is very different to 20s!

I’m 36 and all of my pregnancies have been down right awful. I thought it would be a little easier with my kids being older, but not really. My hardest one was was my first at the age of 25, so really age hasn’t been a factor on how bad I’ve felt or how hard it has been. I had to have a csection with my 4th which is what caused me to put #5 off for 4 years because I wasn’t sure I ever wanted a csection again. I came to terms with it and would do it again, but I’m still hoping for a vbac.

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 1

Yes that's so true, every pregnancy is different! 

Mine were all relatively straightforward in my 20s - or maybe my memory is nostalgia tinted 😄 - but I feel my age this time around. It was a gigantic surprise for us, I was heading into perimenopause so... whoops! Part of the hormones was just whiplash 😂

Hoping you get a smooth, uncomplicated vbac this time around!

51 minutes ago, LMD said:

Thanks 💜

We've always had a weird thing with names, like the right name just settles and we know who's coming. Thankful to have one less bit of angst during pregnancy 😄

If you're all dying of curiosity 😉, this little one is named Konstantin.

I was curious!  It is a very strong name which I always love for a boy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LMD said:

Yes that's so true, every pregnancy is different! 

Mine were all relatively straightforward in my 20s - or maybe my memory is nostalgia tinted 😄 - but I feel my age this time around. It was a gigantic surprise for us, I was heading into perimenopause so... whoops! Part of the hormones was just whiplash 😂

Hoping you get a smooth, uncomplicated vbac this time around!

How old are you this pregnancy? 
If you don’t mind me asking. 🤣 

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Haha 1

Just now, LMD said:

I'm 38, but it feels like a lifetime from my first baby at 21!

We aren’t too far apart then! My good friend had her last 3 at 39, 45 and 46! She’s amazing! I sure don’t feel too old, but like at the OB, all the other pregnant ladies look like babies. Lol I think I’m young until I’m around actual young people. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Earl’s a good name but the Dixie Chicks ruined it a bit. So if you’re campaigning against it . . .

• Like 1