Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

My Tuesdays aren't as full as Mondays. I have one online class, my online full-time student, and a local student to tutor in person. She'll move to Mondays or Thursdays when she starts school in September. 

• medicine
  • maybe go for a walk with dh
  • shower/get ready
  • coffee
  • meals
  • online class
  • prep for afternoon students
  • online student
  • in-person student
  • prep for classes tomorrow
  • health coaching call (doing some things to earn credit money through our insurance)
  • watch something and relax
  • calcium

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3

Good morning! No students today, so time for other things.

Ds to school
Walk
Log yesterday’s sessions
CVS

Work at church?   Later this week, Friday or Saturday. 
Check in with Dd
YNAB
CSA box ✔️ 
Musical Theater meeting ✔️ 
Ds picked up ✔️ 
Evening homework battle ✔️ 

Dinner is chx breasts with goat cheese and balsamic. Plus veggies from the box. ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today I have:

....coffee
...go tutor (just the post-test) my one student
...figure out how to clean my rug (DH ordered a new brush for the current cleaner, so either that, or more detergent and don't use the power button, or ??)

...figure out what absolutely needs to go up to school tomorrow for the cabinet and load the car
...work with DS on Chemistry
...have DH check the online calculus class (we found one, then it was full by the time Middle decided he could do it)
...or have DH check with (or I can?) the Uni to see if "concurrent enrollment" in a co-req class can be at a different school (if so, Middle could take calc local to us instead of over there)
...figure out dinner???

...DH & I have (maybe) a dance lesson, if his hip his recovered enough from fencing in the tournament on Saturday
...check on my mom - she went by ambulance to the ER w/elevated or weird heart rate, BP, etc. and is being admitted (she's stable now but her Dr wants more tests)
...maybe end up going down there - her fiance is w/her so she may/may not want me to come down since she's stable and all 

...I think that's all....??? 

Have a great day everyone! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 2

Hopefully get back to sleep didn't happen.

As it is, I am exhausted, now but need to do things.

Done

• Take wake-up meds first thing 
  • Car drop-off w dh
  • Breakfast at a coffee shop
  • Communicate w dd1 about what to do w/cake, etc

To do

• Take it super easy. I am really dragging, I think the bedtime meds have kicked in now at 9:30am
  • Clean-up after last night's dinner =later
  • Enlist health advocates re neurologist and mammogram results, scooter rental in Hawaii, Tricare dentist, 
  • Arrange cleaning service
  • Schedule next online counselor visits
  • Hawaii planning/paying
  • Wait for accountant's call
  • Call county assessor office
  • Outdoor plant assessment
  • Read required readings for Bible Study
  • Sad 3

Spent an hour online, emailing Ds' teachers and the school about various things. He is not scheduled for math extra help that he needs. Several classes show as missing work that Ds says he turned in. The History teacher never sent a Google Classroom login. An online resource in which Ds needs to complete a large assignment by Friday will not let him login. And multiple other things.... Way too much digital resource management for my Ds to ever do successfully without help at this school, at least at this point. Had a frustrating conversation with Dh about this. He thinks Ds should just "sink or swim" and does zero to understand what the school requires or scaffold Ds in any way. He does not understand Ds' EF challenges at all. Thinks ADHD is just made up for psychs and counselors to make $ from. Sigh. 

Paid a bill. 
Logged tutoring sessions.
Folded some laundry. 

About to take a walk before the day gets away from me. 

• Sad 2

Hi guys, happy Tuesday!

I'm having that "it's gettin' real" feeling again.  Like still not ready to cross things off my "nice to have" list, but almost admitting it can't all get done.

I finished my 8/15 investor reporting deadlines, except for one project due to a corrupted file that I needed re-sent.  I have that file now, so that should go out soon.  I still have a bunch of other reports due, that should have already been done, and hopefully they can go out today.

Today's house project(s) ... we don't have anyone coming in that I know of (just some large deliveries), but we arranged workers to come Wednesday & Friday to carry heavy furniture in & out of the basement.  Hopefully a bunch of purging gets done today, as tomorrow morning is our last garbage pickup before our houseguests arrive.

Kid2 will hopefully get her work permit today (state site was down yesterday) & drop it off to her employer, and I need to help her complete her first W-4.  Kid1 needs to go pick up an item I ordered through a zoo fundraiser.  These need to be done during business hours.  I also have a couple conference calls today.

This evening, I plan to do some shopping for my girls, but it isn't fully planned yet.  Kid2 needs things for her work uniform, but I also want to pick up some new towels (theirs look awful with bleach / hair color / makeup stains), school supplies, etc.  We'll need to buy some linens for the new bed we're putting in the basement for guests.  Probably other things I'm not remembering.

[ETA well crap, my kid's new job just fell through because they just realized that all the high school students are only available after school / weekends up to 7pm during the school year.  All of this was written on the work permit app, but I guess they didn't read it.  So ... guess we won't be buying that work uniform after all.]

And I really need to start with the kids' online summer math & "how to study" course.  Meanwhile they're working on their summer reading/English assignment.

So, I hope my energy holds up today.  I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night, so I don't know, but I don't have any leeway left.

Done:

• Sent out a bunch of work reports in the wee hours.
  • Some kid culture camp planning via facebook.
  • Wordle (4), nerdle (3), quordle (8).
  • Slept some.
  • Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Phone call with our weekend guests to plan some things.
  • A little client work.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media.
  • Back and forth with kid re her job.

To do:

• Lots of client work.  About 10 accounting reports, conference call, various emails ....
  • Eat fruit / vegetables, take vitamins, drink water.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Pup stuff.
  • A little reading.
  • Pick up Kid2 from the barn, get her work permit (might as well keep the option open just in case), take Kid1 to the zoo to pick up the fundraising item (pepperoni rolls), driving lessons, maybe a quick grocery stop ....
  • Lots of carrying / purging / cleaning / laundry.
  • Kids' math class (online).
  • Kids' how to study class (CD/DVD).
  • Kids' summer reading and vocabulary assignments.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Spent an hour online, emailing Ds' teachers and the school about various things. He is not scheduled for math extra help that he needs. Several classes show as missing work that Ds says he turned in. The History teacher never sent a Google Classroom login. An online resource in which Ds needs to complete a large assignment by Friday will not let him login. And multiple other things.... Way too much digital resource management for my Ds to ever do successfully without help at this school, at least at this point. Had a frustrating conversation with Dh about this. He thinks Ds should just "sink or swim" and does zero to understand what the school requires or scaffold Ds in any way. He does not understand Ds' EF challenges at all. Thinks ADHD is just made up for psychs and counselors to make $ from. Sigh.

I feel you on the technology issues.  So frustrating, and in the end, there will be a lot of things you really can't help with, at least not in the ways that have worked in the past.  Wish I had some brilliant suggestions, but I don't.  Just sympathy.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh - in addition to the whole house purge/deep clean and basement remodel, a housemate has decided that now is the perfect time to revisit various insurance and investment options.

Maybe it's just me, but I am finding it so hard to concentrate with all these non-routine things happening.  And I don't work well when I can't concentrate.  Things should calm down starting next Monday, but that is too late for a lot of things.

• Like 3

Done:
Got my Rx. Over $150/month is a lot for us to pay for one thing! And that is with both insurance and a coupon program discount. Ugh! I hate diabetes. 
Thrift store drop
Updated my planner and the family calendar with Ds' fb games. Sent the dates/time/locations to Dh. 

To Do:
Add more things to my planner
Strain chx stock after it is cool
Walk, if the rain stops.
Resume?
Read for LL challenge

• Like 2

Called Kid1's counselor re Kid2.  (Let a message.)

Call re investments.

Updated credit card info for Adobe.

Rescheduled Kid2's dermatology appointment.  It was originally for July, had to reschedule due to Covid - Oct 28 was the best we could get (it was a day off school).  But today they called and said the doc is out that day, so they wanted to reschedule to Nov 28 (a school day).  I called back and rescheduled it to Dec 21 (first day of winter break).  The appointment is now 8 months out from the day I originally set it up.  Is this even ever gonna happen?

Sent out some work reports & emails.

Ate an orange.

Still trying to get Kid1 to get up and go downstairs and be with the dog.

• Like 3

Went and tutored/issued the post test -- kid did great; yay! 

Mom hasn't said to come, so not going (but can't reach her now, so....? Looking up the number and trying to call that way)

had lunch & a nap

retrieved my rug from the car....need to do that asap so if it's washed, it can dry

then need to work with DS on his chem homework

• Like 2

Okay, found the right number, called, no answer but at least I have the number correct now. (for my mom, I mean)

DH found the calculus class online open again - he's swapped DS into it, thank goodness! 

Opening up my rug, going to pretreat the new dirt and then go do chemistry with DS before I scrub it. 

• Like 2

I grabbed the kids and the pup and drove for about 2.5 hours between picking Kid2 up, taking her to get her work permit, having a conference call in the car, going to the zoo to pick up pepperoni rolls from their fundraiser, grabbing fast food for the kids, and having various conversations.

I've been working on clearing the cupboard that was bursting full of canned goods.  We're down to a bunch of beans (black, kidney, and garbanzo), canned soups, and tomatoes.  Yesterday I opened a big can of cream of chicken and ate some with rice, but there was still a bunch left.  Today I added a can of black beans to the mixture, as an experiment.  It's actually not bad.

Still lots more to do!

• Like 3

Eldest got in some driving practice. We hit up 3 thrift stores, got eldest's college books, brought in used oil to the recycling center, I got a haircut and we all went to the eye Dr. Now we are at SILs for supper. 

I need to find myself a new lunch bag that holds a large container so I can eat more large salads. I also should order some supplies for my classroom or get a list for the financial gal to get on order. 

• Like 3