Menu

Hornblower

Heatherwith4

38 minutes ago, Heatherwith4 said:

Her daughter just posted on Instagram that “Margaret died on Friday August 12th at 4 pm at her home.” 

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.  

This breaks my heart.  I don't even know what to say.  I'm so sorry for her and her family. 😞 

• Sad 1

I was afraid to open this thread when I saw that there was an update, because I didn’t want to believe that she passed away.

I’m so sorry. She was so courageous and strong, and even when things were bad for her, she was still so kind to all of us. 😢

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

This grieves me to the core. Her diagnosis was almost exactly one year prior to mine, though our cancer type and treatments were different. I literally thought about her this weekend because I was remembering when she went through chemo and she posted about a dog she adopted. My friend is going through chemo right now and seeing my friend take care of her boisterous young Doodle made me think of Hornblower. 

Man…this makes me so sad. I wish peace for all her loved ones. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

• 2 weeks later...

from Instagram:

Margaret's family has set up an online memorial page to share our memories and grief.
The link is below.

Please feel free to share with any of Margaret's friends, I am trying to post across various platforms but Margaret had a vast online community and I am sure I will miss some places.

https://www.forevermissed.com/margaret-kinga-young/about

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

45 minutes ago, Kassia said:

from Instagram:

Margaret's family has set up an online memorial page to share our memories and grief.
The link is below.

Please feel free to share with any of Margaret's friends, I am trying to post across various platforms but Margaret had a vast online community and I am sure I will miss some places.

Oh those pictures…so bittersweet 😢. What a life she lived. It’s so sad she is gone so soon. I had to chuckle at the “someone is wrong on the internet” picture. Thank you for sharing this link. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

from Instagram:

The link is below.

Thank you for sharing that.

3 hours ago, KSera said:

Oh those pictures…so bittersweet 😢. What a life she lived. It’s so sad she is gone so soon. I had to chuckle at the “someone is wrong on the internet” picture. Thank you for sharing this link. 

I couldn't even add words when I posted but you summed up well what I was thinking.  😞  

• Like 1

I "knew" Margaret far better through the breast cancer site.   Her knowledge, warmth, compassion, and willingness to help out her fellow breast cancer siblings was amazing.   She fought with all her might to remain here longer.  She was quite open about how metastatic breast cancer isn't the flowery picture that is presented in commercials and was equally open that more needed to be done to help the folks dealing with metastatic breast cancer.    The online memorial created by her family is just filled with love.  Margaret is smiling at her family,  they have accomplished her wishes extraordinarily well. I am distraught at the loss of this wonderful lady (as so many of us are).    There is most definitely a hole left in the world without her in it.   

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ditto said:

I "knew" Margaret far better through the breast cancer site.   Her knowledge, warmth, compassion, and willingness to help out her fellow breast cancer siblings was amazing.   She fought with all her might to remain here longer.  She was quite open about how metastatic breast cancer isn't the flowery picture that is presented in commercials and was equally open that more needed to be done to help the folks dealing with metastatic breast cancer.    The online memorial created by her family is just filled with love.  Margaret is smiling at her family,  they have accomplished her wishes extraordinarily well. I am distraught at the loss of this wonderful lady (as so many of us are).    There is most definitely a hole left in the world without her in it.   

Whenever I hear of someone facing a beast cancer diagnosis, I refer them to breastcancer.org. I tell them that they will find wise, knowledgeable women who can answer their questions, encourage them, and correct their misunderstandings. Margaret was one of the wise and knowledgeable women. She will be greatly missed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ddcrook said:

Whenever I hear of someone facing a beast cancer diagnosis, I refer them to breastcancer.org. I tell them that they will find wise, knowledgeable women who can answer their questions, encourage them, and correct their misunderstandings. Margaret was one of the wise and knowledgeable women. She will be greatly missed. 

I do the same with breastcancer.org.  It has been a life saver for me.  You are very right about the women there.   The compassion and support I found there meant, and continues to mean, everything to me.   Margaret reached out to me and so many of us.   When she let us know that treatment was ending and she was going home to die the outpouring of love and support was incredible.   While I didn't know Margaret in real life, the loss has gutted me in way I never saw coming.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 1