Menu

Friday Tacklers, let's get it done!

mom31257

Good morning! 

I found out the company for tonight is arriving earlier than I thought. 

I'm transferring the list over from yesterday and adding today's to dos. Some of this can wait beyond today.

• medicine
  • coffee
  • meals
  • tutor 1 student
  • figure out fun first day activities for my classes 
  • work the door at the arts council summer kids' play

Get ready for company

• wash all sheets
  • make beds Friday
  • dust everywhere Friday
  • do all floors Friday
  • deep clean kitchen 
  • deep clean bathrooms
  • start packing ds' stuff to go back to school
  • clean out fridge/freezer
  • look for something we can do with the kids next week
  • look for some gluten free recipes (ds' gf eats gluten free)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Move about 12 yards of dirt...3 of us moved about 3 yesterday in about an hour. We will have 2 more people today. Hopefully we can get a rhythm and get it done quickly. It is supposed to be hot today. 

I'm running out to get groceries and a prescription here soon. Then after dirt moving we will hit up a brewery for SILs birthday. 

• Like 6

That's a lot of dirt, @LifeLovePassion!  Is it for a garden?

Yesterday was a fabulous day with dh.  We go-karted, played some mini-golf, and then did a bit of shopping before having dinner.

Today:

• Reach out to the school again.  I am annoyed now.
  • Get chicken for tonight's dinner
  • Stop by the coffee roasters for a 5lb bag of beans.
  • Schedule my fall classes
  • Swap out the hangers in my closet
  • Laundry.  Because there's always laundry
  • Like 4

@HomeAgain, we have an area in the back corner of our lot that at one time probably looked nice. It is 40*60 feet and they had some pine trees planted. When we bought the place we trimmed the bottoms of the pine trees and found some really big boulders and discovered they had laid black plastic and put this ugly orange rock on top of that. We hauled off probably 40+ yards of rock and are now bringing in dirt to cover roots and make smooth transitions with the rest of the yard. I do plan on planting some natives and perennials in the area and maybe setting some pavers for a path at some point too. I'm just glad the rock is gone!

• Like 4

Good morning! 

Today I have:

...coffee
...sort the fun blocks
...decide on what activity to put out at Orientation for the kids  I think I'm just going to do coloring stuff
...print teacher binder pages, assemble that  1st 6 wks printed
...see what other "organize the stuff to live at school" there is to do
...probably start at least printing the timeline pages, so that my friend just has to help hole punch/assemble (they take forever to print)
...make the list of science supplies for the 1st 3 weeks of school, make sure I have everything, order/buy anything I don't have
...get DH to help me order the cabinet online (he has some code or something)  He says wait until closer to time so we don't have to unload it from the car
...check the placemats, make sure I have them all
...email some families who still never contacted me about the water bottle and backpack that were left last day of class, return those  emailed, will wait to hear back before I go run around 
...go to Dollar Tree for more cookie trays
...DH is cooking chicken legs for dinner (smoking them in his new pellet smoker) (he had 30% off on it)
...movie night tonight w/the guys, not sure what we'll watch (DH said maybe "Big")
...veg out, go to bed

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Okay - 

-put the correct cabinet & bulletin board in the online cart, they'd be ready for pick-up too soon, so waiting till next week to order (so we can just leave it in the car and build it there)

-sent the emails about the left behind stuff (I *did* notify them all at the end of the year, never coordinated/heard back, so this delay is only half my fault)

-printed the 1st six weeks of teacher pages for my binder (going to work on the next 3 weeks to be 1st 9 weeks fully done)

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Friday.  Not my favorite Friday so far, but I suppose we'll live through it.

Today's house things that I know of:

• Painter in the basement.
  • Terminix guy hopefully doing something about ants, hornets, and basement mice (we live basically in the woods).

Done:

• Up too late.
  • Slept a few hours maybe.
  • Woke the kids up.
  • Took the pup out.
  • Drove the kids to band camp.
  • Ate fruit, took vitamins.
  • Set up various lamps in the basement for the painter, since our usual lights are disconnected ATM.
  • Wordle (4), nerdle (3), quordle (close but fail - dang rhyming word curse).
  • Dealt with the Terminix guy and the painter.
  • A tiny bit of client work.

To do:

• Yoga etc,
  • Shower.
  • Pick kids up from band camp before lunch.  (Kid1 has an appt, Kid2 claims to feel unwell.)
  • Kid2 home.
  • Kid1 to health appt and then home.
  • Lots of client work.
  • Kid1 driving lesson.
  • Cleaning, laundry, etc..
  • Dinner out.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

Some cleaning finished in several places. 

• guest bath cleaned
  • guest bedroom dusting done and cleaned the mirror closet doors 
  • Living room dusted and floor done
  • Dining area dusted and floor done
  • Office dusted and floor done
  • Breakfast nook area dusted and floor done

Still need to do (Company will arrive in 3.5-4 hours.)

• ds make his bed, tidy room, and vacuum
  • deep clean kitchen
  • tidy my bedroom, dust, and floor
  • clean my bathroom

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

2 meetings done yeah

I need to motivate myself to get back on track with basement project

Look at ceiling light replacements for basement get rid of old fluorescent light fixtures

make a donation run

make a hazardous waste run- to get rid of old  flu. bulbs

make up a schedule for to do and days to see if that helps me stay on track

watch for all mankind tonight

watched lightyear last night 

• Like 3

6First. I will talk about yesterday.  When I started my list, I didn't remember that I had a bad fall off my bed Wed- Thurs night.  It happened when I returned to bed after a bathroom break,and since I am not yet back to normal in terms of remembering all my routines and rules I have to keep safe and to not get hurt, I neither put on light nor used the flashlight on my phone.  My comforter and sheet aren't attached to my mattress because I have been too fatigued to go that.  Nothing broken and will check for bruises soon.  

My  telemed appt w the Tricare provided counselor went super well.  I will be dropping Betterhelp since this is free.   She even has the same birthdate as me though decades later.

Then I did all my personal laundry and put it all away.  Changed appointments, and dealth w a few items re insurance and medical bills,  Read more of book for book club.  Made dinner.   Cleaned a lot.  Spent over an hour waiting for Norwegian Cruise staff, bought one expedition and figured out what ine of our free benefits is but then call dropped.  Then we watched episodes 9 and 10 of the final season of Bztter Call Saul.

• Like 3

Today started out tough too.  Woke up headache/neckache for sleeping incorrectly whenmy alarm rang.  Then I accidentally took another Duplixent shot, rather than my Enbrel.  

Done

part of breakfast 

meds 

managed 

Book club

Put away CSA order

Canceled the 2 other Access bus rides for today

Left message for Primary care receptionist.

To do

Film class- Robert Michum movies

Pick up Norco script

P8ck up office depot order

Go to Publix and put controlled substances scripts in and do shopping and pick up dinner 

Hawaii stuff maybe

Maybe watch episode 11

• Like 4

Somehow goofed up the 2nd Grade assignment sheets, so sorting that out

Worked some on adding my notes to my teacher pages (got done through week 4)

took a nap

Going to take my laptop in the bedroom, print a set of timelines, and work on sorting blocks while they print - if I can get the timelines themselves printed, then my friend & I can hole punch (note: need to find the other 3-hole punch), assemble, etc. as well as the other stuff -- if I don't print them 1st, may take all day to do just that

No word back from water bottle/backpack parents, so not running to dollar tree until I hear from them (or  until DH says we need to go get stuff for tomorrow's lunch for D&D)

• Like 4

@TravelingChris, I hope the fall is just bruises and you feel better soon!

@SKL, I hope resting will help you feel better!  

I finished almost all of the cleaning. Our bathroom was last, but it's really fine and doesn't need much done. I may have a problem hanging around from said cleaning. The left side of my left knee is popping when I bend it, and it's a little sore. I got down on my knees doing some floor cleaning (scrubbing several spots in the kitchen), and it seems to have started after that. I looked it up online, and it might be tendonitis. I took some ibuprofen. 

Ds' school roommate is here. He is staying through Sunday lunch. Ds' girlfriend and her parents arrive Sunday evening. 

• Like 4

The amount of people here who have COVID is really high.  Teacher and family have it so we just watched the movie and she will tell us about it next month

Waiting for dh to pick me up.  The fantastic news is that I no longer have to be making special trips to my doctor's off9ce to get thr Norco script.  They have a new secure way of getting the script there. 

• Like 3

*finally* got the blocks sorted out -- whew. 

Water bottle parent will pick up at orientation

Emailed 2nd grade returning families to see which ones have vs. need timelines printed -- so far one needs, the rest have. yay!  

Going to actually start printing those now....

• Like 2

Dh decided he wanted Vietnamese food so after I turned in Adderall script at Publix, we had a nice dinner at Viet House. Now I am sitting in the s shade while he goes to Michael's for magnets to display models of telescopes tomorrow at the planetarium show he is doing.  He is doing it again on Aug 20 and that is a lot of our damily will go.

Off to Publix

• Like 3

Hi all,

Busy day here.

Lots of grocery shopping, made and delivered a meal for friends whose husband/dad died recently, ate and rested, watched a bit of the EF online summit, and checked yesterday’s election results.

Headed out to watch Ds’ football scrimmage.

• Like 3

Reviewed syllabi sent by Ds’ school. He will have a challenging year, for sure.

Perused all 4 years of the English syllabi to see what the Lit lists look like and was unhappily confirmed in my suspicions. Fairly short lists studded with issue books and only a few classics. Progressive agenda is in full force in this public school. Ugh. Sad that Ds will be stuck with this sort of reading and will miss almost all of the good and great books of Western Civilization. Not what I want for him, but at this point, he has no other options. 😢

• Sad 1