Menu

Ruggable Rugs

Forget-Me-Not

I have 5 of them ranging from 3x5' up to 9x12'.  All have been through multiple washings and one is under an office chair on rollers.  The one under the roller-chair has seen the most use and abuse and is still going strong after over a year - no visible extra wear and tear under the casters.  The one in the kitchen has had the most times through the washing machine and is 3 years old.  The corners are showing wear but the main carpet area still looks great.   I like that they're washable and easy to vacuum.   I have some newer ones that have spots on the corners to tuck the base into to prevent curling, but even on my old ones that don't have that I haven't had curling.   I'm happy with them, don't think I'd be as happy with anything else.  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, ChickaDeeDeeDee said:

I have 5 of them ranging from 3x5' up to 9x12'.  All have been through multiple washings and one is under an office chair on rollers.  The one under the roller-chair has seen the most use and abuse and is still going strong after over a year - no visible extra wear and tear under the casters.  The one in the kitchen has had the most times through the washing machine and is 3 years old.  The corners are showing wear but the main carpet area still looks great.   I like that they're washable and easy to vacuum.   I have some newer ones that have spots on the corners to tuck the base into to prevent curling, but even on my old ones that don't have that I haven't had curling.   I'm happy with them, don't think I'd be as happy with anything else.  

Great! Thank you for this! 

I have ruggables in my hallway and in front of my kitchen sink, and one large one in my downstairs entryway. .  I’m entirely happy with them.   They wash great and keep a nice low profile.  I did upgrade to the thicker pad for the kitchen one since I have trouble with my feet.  I love the extra padding although the rug doesn’t fit the thick pad *quite* as well as it fits the original pad.  The slight misfit doesn’t bother me.  

Anne

• Thanks 1

Love ours! Not sure how long I've had all of them, but they've all been washed multiple times and still look great! They're still soft and don't curl at the edges when I lay them out flat. I do have one in an area where our pattern of walking tends to catch the corner so I popped on a sticky dot (sort of like a 3m sticker, but without the pull tab) and it holds it down perfectly.

Zero complaints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kanin said:

I have one Ruggable rug and it looks good... but the texture eeks me out. I have to wear shoes walking on it. Not sure if other people have this problem or if I'm just weird! 

What is the texture? I was under the impression they are more woven than carpet-like. Is that true? 

1 hour ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

What is the texture? I was under the impression they are more woven than carpet-like. Is that true? 

I can only speak for mine, but I was expecting something that felt like really thin wool. It IS very thin, definitely woven and not carpet-like at all. However, it's made from polyester or something and I dunno, something about the feel of it is uncomfortable for me. I have other super thin mats from another company in my kitchen, and I have trouble with those, too. I'm sure it's just a me problem 🙂

They also have different textures, so maybe I just don't like this particular one.

• Haha 1

Ours is too new to give a good review, so I just have a question: do you all wash yours at home? Ours is 9x12, and I’m wondering if I should take it to a laundromat. Our washing machine is big, but I’m not sure about this! Supposedly, washing machine can handle 16 prs of jeans, but I’ve never tested that either. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we have one in our RV that gets a lot of traffic and has been washed a bunch of times; happy enough with it that we bought a HUGE one for our sunroom...just a couple of months ago, so that one hasn't been washed yet, but so far so good. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spryte said:

They had some great Prime Day deals. Black Friday is coming up soon (ish)! Just a thought.

I'm sure my husband would be happy if I waited that long.  You may have seen my other post about dining tables. . . I think he feels like we are hemorrhaging money lately, LOL.  

23 minutes ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I'm sure my husband would be happy if I waited that long.  You may have seen my other post about dining tables. . . I think he feels like we are hemorrhaging money lately, LOL.  

We have done some hemorrhaging lately, too! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

15 hours ago, Spryte said:

We have done some hemorrhaging lately, too! 

Gosh, we have also been hemorrhaging money lately. Crazy, everything is more expensive and then just a lot of things needed at the same time plus two weddings. 

• Like 1