Menu

PSA

Ann.without.an.e

You can drink all of the lovely, healthy green tea in the world and it won’t replace coffee.
Just trying to save someone else from my 3 day mistake, that’s all 😂

Back to your regular scheduled programming. I’m off to make iced coffee 😅

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 27

True that…

Its like my friend said: “When I want to eat ice cream, I have carrot sticks. Then, a half hour later, I eat ice cream because the carrot sticks did not cut it.” 

• Like 14
  • Haha 11

We drink both because culture wise, chinese food goes with tea. My kids drink coffee when they have an all nighter for school work or they don’t sleep well. The caffeine in black tea is just not high enough. We do pour over/drip coffee.

For iced coffee, try Vietnamese iced coffee, Thai iced coffee or the dalgona coffee.

During the pandemic, the patients beverage station was closed (eta: and still is) at the medical centers I went to. The nurses where I went for my chemo would get patients coffee from their nurse station if we didn’t bring our own coffee.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I can verify that this is 100% truth. 

I’m not sure what I felt more, dead inside or the need to sleep for 30 years but either way there was no joy to be found  😂

Coffee has health benefits, too.
It acts as a mild antidepressant (backed up by studies as well as plenty of anecdotal evidence)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Coffee has health benefits, too.
It acts as a mild antidepressant (backed up by studies as well as plenty of anecdotal evidence)

I feel no need to even verify this information. I will take your word on it and quote it as gospel truth from this day forward. Thank you ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I feel no need to even verify this information. I will take your word on it and quote it as gospel truth from this day forward.

Just for fun:

Drinking coffee may decrease depression risk in women https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/coffee-depression-women-ascherio-lucas/

Low dose of caffeine enhances the efficacy of antidepressants in major depressive disorder and the underlying neural substrates https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28054436/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2022 at 8:08 AM, Quill said:

True that…

Its like my friend said: “When I want to eat ice cream, I have carrot sticks. Then, a half hour later, I eat ice cream because the carrot sticks did not cut it.” 

My friend says to eat a hand full of spinach when I want ice-cream! Must be regional differences 😉

Black Coffee is touted in many circles as an aid for weight loss (by reducing Insulin Resistance) and it is known to help with digestion issues.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2022 at 11:08 AM, Quill said:

True that…

18 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

My friend says to eat a hand full of spinach when I want ice-cream! Must be regional differences 😉

Black Coffee is touted in many circles as an aid for weight loss (by reducing Insulin Resistance) and it is known to help with digestion issues.

I would say “what kind do you want?” 
Conclusion: y’all need better friends 😂😂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, DoraBora said:

Gosh y’all keep talking and instead of trying to quit, I’m gonna increase to two cups a day 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3