Menu

Common Data Set for Grad School?

You know how you can look at the Common Data Set for universities and find out which things are most important in the admissions process for freshman?  Things like grades, letters of recommendation, interest, etc. are rated as Very Important all the way down to Not Considered.

I am looking for that for grad school and not finding it.  I do have a couple of schools in particular, and they are part of a larger university system.  School of Health Professions, so not typically in the city where the original university is.

Any wisdom, Hive?

IME, graduate school admissions can vary greatly within a university, and even within a particular department of a university.  For example, admissions for a masters in ed is much different than masters in music or masters in mathematics.  Even a masters of business administration can have a very different admissions process at the same school if you are pursuing a full-time MBA, part-time MBA, executive MBA, online MBA, specialized Health Care MBA, etc.  

Because the admission process is much more decentralized at the graduate level, I think it is difficult to find summary information about a particular university.  I think you will have to look at particular programs individually to get an idea of admission processes. 

• Like 2