Menu

Register with the Accommodations Office for grad school

plansrme

My daughter who just started OT school this summer has a pretty significant back injury, so when she registered for OT school, she also registered with the disability accommodations office in the event that she ever needs accommodations with her field work or whatever. I had no idea she was doing this; I have no idea how she knew to do it. But she got an email today that she'd been awarded a significant scholarship through the accommodations office. She has in-state tuition, and it is pretty close to covering 3 semesters of her tuition (summer is a semester for her program). She does not know whether it is renewable, but even if it is for one year of the three--I feel like the heavens just opened up and dumped a pile of money on her. There are almost no scholarships available for OT school, and she had no idea that there might be money from the disability office. So, here's your tip for the day: if your student is eligible--sign up!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, plansrme said:

My daughter who just started OT school this summer has a pretty significant back injury, so when she registered for OT school, she also registered with the disability accommodations office in the event that she ever needs accommodations with her field work or whatever. I had no idea she was doing this; I have no idea how she knew to do it. But she got an email today that she'd been awarded a significant scholarship through the accommodations office. She has in-state tuition, and it is pretty close to covering 3 semesters of her tuition (summer is a semester for her program). She does not know whether it is renewable, but even if it is for one year of the three--I feel like the heavens just opened up and dumped a pile of money on her. There are almost no scholarships available for OT school, and she had no idea that there might be money from the disability office. So, here's your tip for the day: if your student is eligible--sign up!

Whoa, that’s terrific news!!

• Like 1