Menu

Things you do (or love) that make no sense …

Ann.without.an.e

Just for fun 😊

I love planners. At least once a year I buy a nearly perfect one. It needs to be larger and spiral bound in order to lay flat. I like to have a weekly lay out and definitely a weekly to do or reminders list. Can’t be without that! Here’s the catch, I never use it more than a week or so. I desperately want to be the paper planner sort of girl but I’m not. I guess I just like to humor myself with the idea that maybe *just maybe* starting this year or this summer I will magically become the paper planner sort of gal?? I’m not even a New Years resolution sort of person so I don’t know why it’s the paper planner that gets me every time.

Attached you will see the planner I found at TJ Maxx yesterday. Starts August 1st. Maybe August 2022 is the magic date 😉

😂😂😂

What do you love or do that makes no sense? 

2752E39E-D234-467F-B54E-5AFEA97F522F.thumb.jpeg.a6c4ae60897d07ff99aee2ab4b9cb425.jpeg

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 18
  • Haha 4

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Just for fun 😊

I love planners. At least once a year I buy a nearly perfect one. It needs to be larger and spiral bound in order to lay flat. I like to have a weekly lay out and definitely a weekly to do or reminders list. Can’t be without that! Here’s the catch, I never use it more than a week or so. I desperately want to be the paper planner sort of girl but I’m not. I guess I just like to humor myself with the idea that maybe *just maybe* starting this year or this summer I will magically become the paper planner sort of gal?? I’m not even a New Years resolution sort of person so I don’t know why it’s the paper planner that gets me every time.

Attached you will see the planner I found TJ Maxx yesterday. Starts August 1st. Maybe August 2022 is the magic date 😉

😂🤣😂😂

2752E39E-D234-467F-B54E-5AFEA97F522F.thumb.jpeg.a6c4ae60897d07ff99aee2ab4b9cb425.jpeg

What do you do (or love) that makes no sense whatsoever???

I love this exact type of planner too. Problem is, my life is very boring and I have zero need for one. Several years ago I was thrilled to have a job where actually keeping a daily record was useful; I lost the job early in 2020 but still have the planners because they are so pretty. Lol. 

• Like 4

Just now, MEmama said:

I love this exact type of planner too. Problem is, my life is very boring and I have zero need for one. Several years ago I was thrilled to have a job where actually keeping a daily record was useful; I lost the job early in 2020 but still have the planners because they are so pretty. Lol. 

I wouldn’t call my life boring. It’s just the chaos isn’t usually planned nor is it something I can plan for  😬

Maybe I should  just write what I did each day, like a journal, instead of what I “planned” to do? Then when I look back I can remember that I accomplished something 😂 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I wouldn’t call my life boring. It’s just the chaos isn’t usually planned nor is it something I can plan for  😬

Maybe I should  just write what I did each day, like a journal, instead of what I “planned” to do? Then when I look back I can remember that I accomplished something 😂 

This is what I do. My life does not require much in the way of planning. I use a calendar for appointments. But, I have often wished that I had kept journals - not the journals of my angsty teens, but journals of what I/we did - what did I read; where did I hike; what did I do each of those vacation days? All that is lost to vague memories.

So I keep a notebook in which I just write stuff down. It's really more of a commonplace book: there are book lists, and quotes from books, and comments about things I did, notes about when plants bloomed, which plants got munched by rabbits, notes about places I've visited, just random stuff. I sometimes add stickers or washi tape for a little beauty/whimsy. Oh, and I keep a habit tracker for each month in there too. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Oh that's beautiful.  I love fresh planners and fancy note books.  I can not bring myself to write in them.  I have teacher handwriting.  OT's admire it, everyone else thinks it looks like I'm 7.  It is not nice enough for such a lovely book, so I admire them, put them on the shelf, and plan in color coded spreadsheets.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marbel said:

This is what I do. My life does not require much in the way of planning. I use a calendar for appointments. But, I have often wished that I had kept journals - not the journals of my angsty teens, but journals of what I/we did - what did I read; where did I hike; what did I do each of those vacation days? All that is lost to vague memories.

So I keep a notebook in which I just write stuff down. It's really more of a commonplace book: there are book lists, and quotes from books, and comments about things I did, notes about when plants bloomed, which plants got munched by rabbits, notes about places I've visited, just random stuff. I sometimes add stickers or washi tape for a little beauty/whimsy. Oh, and I keep a habit tracker for each month in there too. 

I just randomly had the thought about writing what I did instead as I was replying to @MEmama. I need more info on what you do because that sounds super cool. It sounds like it is more like a basic journal and not a planner? Is this all in one notebook? What kind of notebook do you use? I need more info on this, it sounds awesome. Wish I would've done it when my kids were young 😞 

• Like 2

Ink pens and mechanical pencils.  I’ve reigned myself in a bit, though. I love looking for the “best” ones. The ones that write just so. Sometimes, when I’m signing things at the bank, I’ll be like, wow, this pen is fantastic! I’m embarrassed to be acting all weird over a pen in front of the banker, so I try to discreetly read the side to note the brand, the thickness, etc. One time the lady noticed and I said “These pens write so nicely.” She stopped everything she was doing and she pulled some pens from her drawer. She showed them to me and we started writing on strips of paper to test them. She even gave me a few. We had a “pen” moment together. Lol. 

Once there was a big jar of pens and pencils at my mom’s house that she was going to throw out. I sat and tested each one, culling them if they didn’t pass the standards. Out of all of them, only 3 or 4 made it. One of them is a vintage Pentel mechanical pencil that is my very favorite pencil to this day. It had been in that can for years. I lost it once and was so upset, but it finally turned up inside one of my file s!

Yes, this is weird, I know. Maybe I’m this way because I sketch. They just have to feel a certain way. It makes no sense, but I love looking for just the right pen or pencil.

As far as planners go, I gave up on paper ones and finally put everything into Google Calendar. The whole tax calendar is in there and it repeats from now til infinity. That makes more sense for me, although I loved being obsessed with paper ones. 

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I just randomly had the thought about writing what I did instead as I was replying to @MEmama. I need more info on what you do because that sounds super cool. It sounds like it is more like a basic journal and not a planner? Is this all in one notebook? What kind of notebook do you use? I need more info on this, it sounds awesome. Wish I would've done it when my kids were young 😞 

I just buy cheap A5 size lined or dotted notebooks (I like A5 because it fits in my purse though in reality I don't take it out much) and just use the one notebook. I'd started this in January 2021 and was pretty sporadic with it, then in March of this year, when I started using a habit tracker, I began using it daily. So I have a monthly habit tracker that I print and glue in, and every week I just draw in a sort of grid so I have a block for each day, and in each day's block I write what I did, what I read, where I went if I went anywhere. Interspersed between are notes and quotes from books and other stuff I want to write down. I do have a ToC at the front but I rarely think to use it. Maybe when this journal is full and I go back through it, I'll add more to the ToC. 

So here's a random day:

• work 3:30 - 12
  • pick up bagels at Panera 
  • walked 2 miles, White Trail, [local park]
  • read [bible passages]
  • started/finished [whatever book]
  • Echinacea bloomed

Then in between the weekly pages, there will be random stuff, and then the next weekly pages. 

Edited by marbel
  • Thanks 1

I’ve thought of using planners like journals too, but what would I write? Today’s entry would look like, “Took the kids for a walk down a new trail in the neighborhood. One little one shoved a snack cup of Cheerios into the others face until they were screaming so loud a passer by asked if I’d like him to call for help. Continued screaming the rest of the walk home then got revenge by pouring entire box of perpetrators favorite cereal down the bathroom sink while I tried to give an older kid a math lesson.”

Riveting. Don’t know why anyone would want to read it.  I do love planners though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, Katy said:

I’ve thought of using planners like journals too, but what would I write? Today’s entry would look like, “Took the kids for a walk down a new trail in the neighborhood. One little one shoved a snack cup of Cheerios into the others face until they were screaming so loud a passer by asked if I’d like him to call for help. Continued screaming the rest of the walk home then got revenge by pouring entire box of perpetrators favorite cereal down the bathroom sink while I tried to give an older kid a math lesson.”

Riveting. Don’t know why anyone would want to read it.  I do love planners though. 

Some day, those kids are going to grow up and claim they were perfect angels, Mother... you could keep the receipts right in there.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

45 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Ink pens and mechanical pencils.  I’ve reigned myself in a bit, though. I love looking for the “best” ones. The ones that write just so. Sometimes, when I’m signing things at the bank, I’ll be like, wow, this pen is fantastic! I’m embarrassed to be acting all weird over a pen in front of the banker, so I try to discreetly read the side to note the brand, the thickness, etc. One time the lady noticed and I said “These pens write so nicely.” She stopped everything she was doing and she pulled some pens from her drawer. She showed them to me and we started writing on strips of paper to test them. She even gave me a few. We had a “pen” moment together. Lol. 

Once there was a big jar of pens and pencils at my mom’s house that she was going to throw out. I sat and tested each one, culling them if they didn’t pass the standards. Out of all of them, only 3 or 4 made it. One of them is a vintage Pentel mechanical pencil that is my very favorite pencil to this day. It had been in that can for years. I lost it once and was so upset, but it finally turned up inside one of my file s!

Yes, this is weird, I know. Maybe I’m this way because I sketch. They just have to feel a certain way. It makes no sense, but I love looking for just the right pen or pencil.

As far as planners go, I gave up on paper ones and finally put everything into Google Calendar. The whole tax calendar is in there and it repeats from now til infinity. That makes more sense for me, although I loved being obsessed with paper ones. 

My SIL gets super nerdy over pens. It is really cute and quirky. He and his dad go to some sort of pen show in Atlanta every year. You are not alone, there are others and they have meetings and events 🤣 There is even a name a "Penophile" but SIL refuses to use it for obvious reason 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I like little plastic animals (like Safari and Schleich but also the cheaper vintage-y ones). I often buy them at garage sales. My daughter is 14, y'all. At this point I'm buying them for me. And I don't *do* anything with them. Most go in the enormous plastic animal jar. 

I just like them. 🙂 

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Because it is comedy gold.

• Like 8

Little girl hair bows, baubles, ribbons, etc.  I don't know how many I have but probably more than I can use in a year if we used different ones everyday. I just can't resist they are so cute. The extra funny thing I'm  a total tomboy who has a short undercut and wouldn't wear a bow personally to save my life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Okay, I love planners and pens, and my heart started beating wildly when I saw the back-to-school section of Target (note that my kids have graduated from college and I have absolutely NO CONNECTION with any back-to-school activities).

I also "need" all the books on gardening and herbs, and all the native plants, and just cruising around the aisles of the small, locally owned garden centers....

But the one that is REALLY wild is wool sock yarn. OMG, I love love puffy-heart love looking at wool sock yarn, shopping, comparing, fondling it while speculating on how it would work up, even sorting through hundreds of patterns while visions of hand knit socks dance in my head. Hand knit wool socks are the best thing ever, right? - the wool stays warm even when wet, it suppresses bacterial growth, it's naturally stretchy and strong.  And I absolutely hate actually wearing wool socks. They itch. I have silk sock liners, but, really? - that extra layer is so freaking annoying. 

(Also, guess what, all of that lovely sock yarn can be used for American Girl accessories! AG hats, mittens, little AG Christmas stockings.  So fun to make! So adorable! You know who plays with AG dolls at my house? No one! Future archeologists will discover a cache of all this weird knit stuff in pristine condition and wonder what was going on here.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Katy said:

When my Dad died and we were going through stuff Dd insisted on keeping his dozens and dozens of planners he had kept notes in -- he favored a little pocket-sized version from Cokesbury which he filled with his tiny, neat handwriting. I have no idea why she thought that was important, but as the years march on I'm sort of glad we have those. At a glance you can see how his life and handwriting changed over time. And I can theoretically excavate for answers if any of my siblings wonder when something actually happened ("What year did they move to XXX CIty?", "when was that trip to Brazil?")

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

My SIL gets super nerdy over pens. It is really cute and quirky. He and his dad go to some sort of pen show in Atlanta every year. You are not alone, there are others and they have meetings and events 🤣 There is even a name a "Penophile" but SIL refuses to use it for obvious reason 🤣

There is a pen show? 😳🤯😀

Meetings and events for pens? Oh my.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

What kind of notebook do you use? I need more info on this, it sounds awesome. Wish I would've done it when my kids were young 😞 

My DS17 likes Moleskine notebook and also likes the ProFolio by Itoya, Oasis Notebook. I read his pages on his loneliness during the pandemic and it is very sad. He did wrote he felt better after writing it all out. He mainly draws in his A5 notebooks and I would buy him more when he runs out of pages. In case you are wondering, I have been his “filing clerk” since he was small. It makes him feel “look after”. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

There is a pen show? 😳🤯😀

Meetings and events for pens? Oh my.

My daughter and I went to a pen show in Philadelphia quite a few years ago. She was maybe 13? Hard to remember. She attended a calligraphy workshop. We saw a lot of lovely, crazy-expensive fountain pens.  We saw pens designed by (for?) Sylvester Stallone - who knew?  

It was fun, but we didn't feel inclined to go again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, marbel said:

My daughter and I went to a pen show in Philadelphia quite a few years ago. She was maybe 13? Hard to remember. She attended a calligraphy workshop. We saw a lot of lovely, crazy-expensive fountain pens.  We saw pens designed by (for?) Sylvester Stallone - who knew?  

It was fun, but we didn't feel inclined to go again. 

I’ll never go. Jetpens.com is the next best thing!

• Like 3

I've gone through various waves of acquiring things as a sort of hobby.

I don't think I have that going on right now.  I guess I just got sick of having too much stuff.

Unless you count this ... I'm slightly obsessed with BTS.  It's weird.  Like I'm probably way too old for that.  But I check certain BTS updates every day, or multiple times per day if I'm needing an escape.

Not to the point of parting with a bunch of money or space, LOL.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

One time the lady noticed and I said “These pens write so nicely.” She stopped everything she was doing and she pulled some pens from her drawer. She showed them to me and we started writing on strips of paper to test them. She even gave me a few.

I love when people are so kind like this. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SKL said:

I don't think I have that going on right now.  I guess I just got sick of having too much stuff.

Unless you count this ... I'm slightly obsessed with BTS.  It's weird.  Like I'm probably way too old for that.  But I check certain BTS updates every day, or multiple times per day if I'm needing an escape.

Ok. I’m going to admit that I do, too. But not…obsession….just like to watch them dance kinda thing.  And I like a few of their songs. I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Ok. I’m going to admit that I do, too. But not…obsession….just like to watch them dance kinda thing.  And I like a few of their songs. I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

I do love to watch men dance athletically.  I guess that is what sucked me in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SKL said:

I do love to watch men dance athletically.  I guess that is what sucked me in.

That reminds me of more things I like that make no sense…..I mean, for someone my age to be obsessed over…..

Professional or street skateboarding 

Karate tournaments at the highest levels where they really do Chuck Norris stuff in real life. It’s amazing. I’ve been to one. The husband of my piano teacher/casual friend was/is very high level black belt. She told me after he competed, she whispered in his ear “you’re such a bad @ss”. And he really was, all of them. My son competed at a lower level, which is why I got to see the instructors compete. 

And not so weird….professional frisbee dogs and water distance jumper dogs.  Could.watch.all.day.long.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

None of this is weird. It’s just part of you. You are entitled to have likes and dislikes in things and enjoy or care about something more than most people do. It’s part of what makes you uniquely you and you are good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love blazers and coats and jackets. I go to the thrift store to get them and have quite the collection now. I just love them! 

I also love records, but only Christmas records. I also get them from the thrift store. I have a record player and only use it in December. I pull out my stack of thrift-store Christmas records and play them one after the other. After Christmas, they’re packed away until next year.

I have too many jackets/coats/blazer and too many records, which means there’s no reason to go to the thrift store anymore, which is a little sad. I loved the thrill of finding a treasure. But I have more than enough, so I’m staying away from the store for now.

ETA: It’s the records that make no sense. I can get all the same songs (and better ones), at the touch of a button wherever I want to get my music. But I just love the whole routine of changing out the record and having to get up and flip it when the first side is done, and then yelling at the cats to “Get away from that record player! You know you’re not supposed to be on that table!”. It’s much less convenient, but I just love the tactile-ness of putting on the record and watching it spin around and lifting up the little arm and placing the needle. 

Edited by Garga
  • Like 7

I don't always finish books... and sometimes I keep renewing it or return it late. But my library has a policy that started several months ago where if it's from one of our branches (as opposed to from one of our partners) there's no late fee. Right now I have like 3 audio books I haven't had time to listen to! One is for therapy about the method my therapist uses. And I just got a paperback book yesterday that I forgot I put on hold til I got the notification. 

These are primarily non-fiction books, where I'm reading for knowledge. So it's not like I'm left wondering what happened to a character. 

----

I have a pile of used ink cartridges that I keep saying I will mail off to a recycling place and get a small amount of money lol. Then I have some from my HP ink service which I'm supposed to mail back in sets of 2-3 and I just forget. Clutter. 

Edited by heartlikealion
The audio books return themselves, but I check out physical books, too
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MercyA said:

I like little plastic animals (like Safari and Schleich but also the cheaper vintage-y ones). I often buy them at garage sales. My daughter is 14, y'all. At this point I'm buying them for me. And I don't *do* anything with them. Most go in the enormous plastic animal jar. 

I just like them. 🙂 

My dd is almost 20 and she’s still low key obsessed with Schleich. She never played with them either, she just loves them. I think I put one in her stocking last Christmas and it made her so happy. 

2 hours ago, GailV said:

Okay, I love planners and pens, and my heart started beating wildly when I saw the back-to-school section of Target (note that my kids have graduated from college and I have absolutely NO CONNECTION with any back-to-school activities).

I also "need" all the books on gardening and herbs, and all the native plants, and just cruising around the aisles of the small, locally owned garden centers....

Ok so gardening and herb books are so cool. They’re a necessity right?

I used to load up on back to school supplies so much that I stopped buying any like 10 years ago and still haven’t run out of the 25 cent crayola crayons 😂🫣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

My dd is almost 20 and she’s still low key obsessed with Schleich. She never played with them either, she just loves them. I think I put one in her stocking last Christmas and it made her so happy. 

I used to load up on back to school supplies so much that I stopped buying any like 10 years ago and still haven’t run out of the 25 cent crayola crayons 😂

I love the Schleich horses but didn’t buy any as I spent my fun money on playmobil. 
We had more than 30 of the 25 cents Crayola crayons and gave them to my kids’ german school for their mommy and me class and preschool classes. Their German school is run as a non-profit so stationary donations are appreciated and put to good use. I don’t like the smell of crayons and the smell generated by that quantity makes me feel sick when I open the cupboard. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I used to load up on back to school supplies so much that I stopped buying any like 10 years ago and still haven’t run out of the 25 cent crayola crayons 😂🫣

Me too!  I have a closet filled with crayons, glue sticks, folders, notebook paper, etc.  I need to donate it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

I love the Schleich horses but didn’t buy any as I spent my fun money on playmobil. 
We had more than 30 of the 25 cents Crayola crayons and gave them to my kids’ german school for their mommy and me class and preschool classes. Their German school is run as a non-profit so stationary donations are appreciated and put to good use. I don’t like the smell of crayons and the smell generated by that quantity makes me feel sick when I open the cupboard. 

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

Me too!  I have a closet filled with crayons, glue sticks, folders, notebook paper, etc.  I need to donate it all.

Why did we see those cheap crayons and drastically over-calculate how many we would use before our kids were out of the crayon stage? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Why did we see those cheap crayons and drastically over-calculate how many we would use before our kids were out of the crayon stage? 😂

DS17 went to public school for kindergarten and 1st. The teachers would ask for crayola crayon donations from parents, especially for kindergarten. So we bought them with the intention of donating when DS16 also goes to public school kindergarten. We end up keeping DS16 home for kindergarten due to school boundaries changes. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I'm currently semi obsessed with my waterfall area and bird feeders in my backyard, and watering the plants- especially my palm tree. I keep wanting to buy more palm trees and plants. My dh is getting nervous. 😁 Here's a photo of the obsession. 

20220722_164544.jpg

very pretty

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

😂😂I’m laughing because it looks like that emoji 🗿

Ds is always using that to be humorous and a bit sarcastic. Don’t ask me to explain how it’s funny. He has a quirky sense of humor. Be funny if he got one of those for Christmas……bet he doesn’t even know about that.

Really, I wouldn’t buy that, but it’s funny to think about. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SKL said:

💜 BTS 💜   

They provide joy, which is much needed.

We're never too old to appreciate or need that.

I love the Charlie Puth collaboration with Jungkook. That song and music video is just sunshine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MercyA said:

I just like them. 🙂 

I love that you do this! 😂How fun!

• Like 2

I love studying. Like reading a textbook and getting information from it. I discovered this love sometime in my mid-twenties. Some of my close friends will actually ask me to research parenting topics for them and I'll do it and present an outline for them. It's one of the things that miss about work.

I love messy gardens with lots of flowers and edibles. I just hate being outside.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:24 AM, Ann.without.an.e said:

I do this a lot.  It is very helpful to my psyche. 

For instance yesterday I changed the sheets and bed duvet cover and dog blanket. I did 4 other loads of laundry for my kids who do not have a washer dryer yet.  I ate lunch at my parents and then took them to see the kids new house.  Then I drove into the city and met Dh and dss25 with the baby at Incredible Pizza.  Came home and finished up the laundry and the kids showed up about 10 to pick it up with some other stuff they had stored here.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I do this a lot.  It is very helpful to my psyche. 

For instance yesterday I changed the sheets and bed duvet cover and dog blanket. I did 4 other loads of laundry for my kids who do not have a washer dryer yet.  I ate lunch at my parents and then took them to see the kids new house.  Then I drove into the city and met Dh and dss25 with the baby at Incredible Pizza.  Came home and finished up the laundry and the kids showed up about 10 to pick it up with some other stuff they had stored here.  

I forgot about this thread haha but I have been doing this since I started it and I do find it helps to look back and see that I *did* do things, just maybe not the things I planned or the things I thought priority before the day began. 

• Like 2

My parents would drive long distances to see relatives regularly.  As a little girl, I wanted the drive to last as long as possible (both going and coming home).  When we'd get into a traffic jam or heavy road construction, joy and anticipation would well up inside. I remember being mostly asleep, lying down on the back seat, and half-consciously smiling as we hit "warning" rumble strips and the car decelerated.  (This was in the mid 80's when seat belts were more of a recommendation.)  If it lasted an hour, bliss!  To this day, crawling along in traffic congestion on the highway still makes me weirdly happy...

...unless my poor aged bladder has something to say about it...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cecropia said:

My parents would drive long distances to see relatives regularly.  As a little girl, I wanted the drive to last as long as possible (both going and coming home).  When we'd get into a traffic jam or heavy road construction, joy and anticipation would well up inside. I remember being mostly asleep, lying down on the back seat, and half-consciously smiling as we hit "warning" rumble strips and the car decelerated.  (This was in the mid 80's when seat belts were more of a recommendation.)  If it lasted an hour, bliss!  To this day, crawling along in traffic congestion on the highway still makes me weirdly happy...

...unless my poor aged bladder has something to say about it...

I wasn’t sure whether to hit like or the confused reaction 😂. You are possibly the first person I’ve ever met that loves traffic. You need an award 😬

• Haha 5

On 7/22/2022 at 10:00 AM, Indigo Blue said:

I read an article about some really good pens and decided to get them.  I loved and just recently got the big color set again plus a box of all blue, but the company either doesn't make a box of red or neither Amazon nor Office Depot carry them

• Like 2

I own more Sharpie markers than anyone should.   I use the excuse of my classes to buy them, and we do use them sometimes for various things there.  But I have the thin ones, the normal ones, the fat ones, metallic ones, neon ones, basically ALL the Sharpies.

I also have a ton of blank notebooks and journals.  I just can't resist a cute notebook but I really don't have that much reason to use them.  For my planning stuff I use the computer (I type way faster than I can write) and for paper calendars and reminders, I need something that sits open to the right page so most cute journals wouldn't work.  Doesn't stop me from buying them.  

• Like 4

On 7/22/2022 at 8:50 AM, Ann.without.an.e said:

My FIL was this way and my son seems to have inherited the love of pens. During college, he used nice fountain pens for all of his note taking, so ink was often in his Christmas stocking. I don’t think either one of them have ever been to a pen show, though.

• Like 1

I have an addiction to plants. It started during Covid, but now I need to back off. My latest obsession is Holiday Cacti (Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Cactus). They're fun to trade and prop, but do I really need 50 babies? There's no space left in my window. I also have about 10 seed pods, 2 of which are ready to be opened and planted. Do I really need another 100+ baby plants that will take at least 2 years to bloom before I know what color the bloom is? I enjoy watching them grow, but sometimes I get tired of taking care of them. Then I feel guilty. I think it's mom-guilt. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4