Menu

What is something you are always searching for?

Shelydon

Hair ties, because they always disappear into the void...

I have found bras I like, finally, so that's good (Ambrielle bralettes, no underwire)

A pillow that is just right would be amazing (DH did figure out why my pillows break down so much faster, b/c I go to bed w/wet hair, he thinks...)

Pants with real, usable front pockets that can actually fit my keys, or phone, or basically anything but a single quarter.....

Hiking pants that fit my heavy thighs…..find the closest thing so far….Duluth teasing company mens relaxed fit cargo hiking pants…..complete with 12 usable pockets.

Bras that fit with no underwire but support my larger books….I had heart surgery when I was a kid and I have a scar that runs around my rib cage

Labeled allergy free foods — free of the Top 8 plus sesame. When we had a local bakery open up, I had the kids pose in front for pics. 

Currently on the hunt for a particular piece  of furniture — a vintage MCM, preferably teak, by one of several designers. And I’d like it to be in excellent condition, at a steal price. 🤣

Edited by Spryte

The pillows….

Try a millet or buckwheat pillow. They take some getting used to, but the support never wears out. You can adjust them, bunch it up just right, and make a divot for your ear. They are not 100% without a downside, but, for me, I need my neck to be supported and my face to not roll forward when I’m on my side. They are firmly supportive. You can get an extra bag of millet so you can take out or add as needed. You do give up that soft cloud feeling, but you gain real support instead. There is an adjustment period, for sure.

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

Pants with real, usable front pockets that can actually fit my keys, or phone, or basically anything but a single quarter.....

Have you tried Athleta? Most of my pants are from there and they all have usable pockets (big enough for my phone)—some are even zippered. Just a thought.

35 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

The pillows….

Try a millet or buckwheat pillow. They take some getting used to, but the support never wears out. You can adjust them, bunch it up just right, and make a divot for your ear. They are not 100% without a downside, but, for me, I need my neck to be supported and my face to not roll forward when I’m on my side. They are firmly supportive. You can get an extra bag of millet so you can take out or add as needed. You do give up that soft cloud feeling, but you gain real support instead. There is an adjustment period, for sure.

I tried a buckwheat one, but it was noisy. Maybe I need to look again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKL said:

The solution to my tailbone problem.  Because I want to be able to sit without pain at some point.

My husband had tailbone problems for years.... to the point where he really couldn't drive for more than an hour, which seriously limited his life.  About a year ago he finally found a PT who gave him the right exercises.  He HATES doing the exercises and therefore lapses... but when he does them (10 min morning and night) he's good.

Hope you find something that works for you.

58 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Thick, 100% cotton terry, vintage kitchen towels. Fun prints a bonus. None of this microfiber nonsense. 

Prizes for my Sunday School students. Gives me an excuse to keep buying cute little toys, notebooks, art supplies, etc.

What kitchen towels do you like? I like microfiber for glass, but hate it for general uses.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

What kitchen towels do you like? I like microfiber for glass, but hate it for general uses.

I like to buy vintage ones at thrift stores and garage sales, so they don't always have a tag on them. Cannon is one of my favorite vintage brands.

I have found nice 100% cotton dishcloths at Kohl's.  

• Thanks 1

I workout routine that I love and can stick with. Once upon a time I had a cardio kickboxing class that I loved. It was fun so I almost never let other things stop me from going, it made me very strong, and I loved the other people in the class. I lost that community, which is a 100% positive for my family and me but I haven't found a workout quite like it that keeps me motivated

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Discontinued yoga pants from old navy. Y’all don’t wanna be with me at the goodwill when I find some. 

I have a pair of super thick old navy sweats. I’ve never seen thicker sweat pant material before or since. I finally wore a hole in the crotch seams after a decade of wear. It’s not often cold enough to wear them but I adore them when it’s freezing. I still wear them over leggings when traveling to a dance class in the middle of winter. 

• Like 2

A new thing to learn.

Perfect underwear. My skin is sensitive to weird things and it's gotten worse after pregnancy/getting older. I figured out skincare but last week my crotch was on fire because of a new style of underwear I was trying. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MercyA said:

I like to buy vintage ones at thrift stores and garage sales, so they don't always have a tag on them. Cannon is one of my favorite vintage brands.

I have found nice 100% cotton dishcloths at Kohl's.  

What decade do these vintage dish towels come from? 

Bras that are good quality and fit well.

pretty blouses and tops in colors that suit me

pretty dresses

web sites, etc. that don’t require passwords

cotton sheets, bedding, towels, socks, underwear and other clothing

foods that are free of msg, soy and sugar for my kids

good comedies; comedians I can relate to

good documentaries

new nature trails

Super-easy recipes (means few ingredients and few steps)

anything that can help with my kids’ health problems

opportunities for my kids

fun family things to do

nice music (mostly folk, Latin, pop)

good people ( just knowing good people exist makes me happy)

so many other things. I must be a searcher …

• Thanks 1

A copy of the read-aloud book my 6th grade teacher read to his class. "We Thought We Heard the Angels Sing" by James Whittaker. It was a hardcover book with a red cover. I've looked for it in every used book store I've visited since college. At this point I should probably just buy it used online.

• Like 1

Pretty and practical stationary that is not pink. I don’t usually buy but I do love going to Kinokuniya and Daiso to look at their stationary aisles. When I am at airports waiting for my boarding gate to open, I would also look at stationary at the souvenir shops inside the duty free area.

I also like pretty keychains and bag charms. I use keychains as zip pulls and bag charms to doll up my backpacks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Clarita said:

A new thing to learn.

Perfect underwear. My skin is sensitive to weird things and it's gotten worse after pregnancy/getting older. I figured out skincare but last week my crotch was on fire because of a new style of underwear I was trying. 

In a good way or a bad way? 

• Haha 1