Menu

I'm now a K-drama addict...

Jann in TX

2 hours ago, Renai said:

I did wind up getting Viki, lol! I wanted to watch Everyone Wants To Meet You (Cdrama) with Zhang Zhehan, and got tired of all the commercials. So, I'm in the middle of that right now.

Welcome to the binge life!

bwahahaha

Can I interest you in Kocowa as well? Also cheap, commercial free, and sometimes better translators.

• Like 1

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DH and I finished Bloodhounds yesterday…oh boy. So many thoughts. 

First, I really loved the duo playing the boxers. They were great. Can’t believe that one of them was from Hometown Cha Cha Cha. ☺️ He was my favorite! So funny!

Second, this was definitely very violent. That sander/salt moment…omg!! 🫣 Episode 6 was just a lot. 

I really liked the premise of the show but there were definitely some plot holes and some pieces of the story that could’ve have been better. Overall we still enjoyed it! 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:21 AM, Murphy101 said:

I decided to give my first Jdrama a try with An Incurable Case of Love. So sappy cheesy. It reminds me strongly of the old kdrama Playful Kiss.  Which is basicly one long cringe-worthy event after another. LOL

I thought Heartbeat series ended rather lamely.  Not going to spoil if for others though.

I adored Incurable Case of Love.  So cheesy, so much fun.  I’ll have to check out Playful Kiss. 

I was so sure Heartbeat would stick the landing, and then they **completely** dropped the ball.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

DH and I finished Bloodhounds yesterday…oh boy. So many thoughts. 

First, I really loved the duo playing the boxers. They were great. Can’t believe that one of them was from Hometown Cha Cha Cha. ☺️ He was my favorite! So funny!

Second, this was definitely very violent. That sander/salt moment…omg!! 🫣 Episode 6 was just a lot. 

I really liked the premise of the show but there were definitely some plot holes and some pieces of the story that could’ve have been better. Overall we still enjoyed it! 

Bloodhounds is one of my 2023 favorites-- I totally agree that it was violent/intense at times but I absolutely loved the bromance!

I have some knitting/crocheting to do this week so I put on a favorite-- Business Proposal!  This will be my 3rd time on this one... so it is easy to have on in the background and still keep up with the story line-- "Samantha and Rachel" still cracked me up and I knew it was coming...

I'm desperately trying to not start some of the awesome-looking ones that are in progress-- I'm a binge watcher!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jann in TX said:

Bloodhounds is one of my 2023 favorites-- I totally agree that it was violent/intense at times but I absolutely loved the bromance!

I have some knitting/crocheting to do this week so I put on a favorite-- Business Proposal!  This will be my 3rd time on this one... so it is easy to have on in the background and still keep up with the story line-- "Samantha and Rachel" still cracked me up and I knew it was coming...

I'm desperately trying to not start some of the awesome-looking ones that are in progress-- I'm a binge watcher!

I’m always trying to get DH to watch shows with me. I knew he’d like Bloodhounds so that one was easy to get him watching, but after we finished I told him I wanted to watch something a little happier. I asked him if he’d watch Business Proposal with me…he was like heck no!!! Ha! I’ve already watched it twice, but I could probably watch it a hundred times. I’ll keep trying with DH. ☺️

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Have any of y’all watched Nevertheless…I’ve watched 4 episodes and I’m really not liking it. It’s the two lead characters…they are so shallow and don’t communicate at all. It’s so annoying. Does it get better, is it worth it to continue?

I dropped it but a few more episodes further than you-- wish I would not have wasted my time.  "Friends with benefits" was the theme the whole time. 

No it does not get better-- from what I've heard the end is so-so too. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jann in TX said:

I dropped it but a few more episodes further than you-- wish I would not have wasted my time.  "Friends with benefits" was the theme the whole time. 

No it does not get better-- from what I've heard the end is so-so too. 

1 hour ago, Murphy101 said:

Both of you made it further than me. Apparently I watched one episode and forgot to ever go watch more. So that’s how “good” that was for me. 

Well I think that settles it…it’s going in the bin. Thanks ladies. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the Kdrama "Bloodhounds" (started last night), the Cdrama "Autumn's Concerto," and a cute mix of both - a reality show with Jasper Liu (Chinese) and Lee Seung-gi (Korean). Liu speaks a *little* Korean, Lee speaks a *little* Mandarin, and they both speak a *little* English. They are going to different places to meet fans. The first trip is to Indonesia. I'm enjoying the show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vintage81 said:

Thanks for the heads up…DD wanted to watch this one. 😬

It’s a horror show where humans become monsters and it’s very bloody and there’s, of course, monsters. And the f bomb a few times so far.  I’m not bothered but my husband will never watch it with me. LOL

6 hours ago, Jann in TX said:

I'm in my Happy Place this week--I'm re-watching Alchemy of the Souls... I'm almost finished with part 2!  This one is SOOO good-- not a 'period' piece-- it is fantasy but costumes are more of the period style...

Dd14 has been anxiously anticipating the younger siblings going to bed at their actual bedtime so she can watch that one.  Alas. Holidays have been cramping her viewing time.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 1

I finished season 2 of Sweet Home only to discover Season 3 is due out this summer.

Also watched Was It Love (Netflix) and I liked it.

side note:

I’ve come to the conclusion that all those birds in the 12 days of Christmas was just loved ones sharing every version of flu available during the season with their loved ones. The original avian flu.  Now the song actually makes total sense in light of our experiences so far on this the 10th day of Christmas. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 1

Y'all won't believe this...DDs and I convinced DH to watch Business Proposal!!!!! 

We started it on NYE and I guess he liked it enough to continue. 🥳 Unfortunately, I don't think he'll turn into a K-drama addict. In fact, I'm not sure if he'll even watch many shows with me after this (unless they're like Bloodhounds), but I'm glad he's somewhat enjoying it. ☺️ I'll call it a win!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I took a chance and started watching My Demon (Netflix)...not all of the episodes are out yet so no one knows how it will end. 🫣

I am thru episode 8 and so far I'm loving it! Please let there be a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last 2 episodes come out this weekend. I will report back.

1 hour ago, Vintage81 said:

So, I took a chance and started watching My Demon (Netflix)...not all of the episodes are out yet so no one knows how it will end. 🫣

I am thru episode 8 and so far I'm loving it! Please let there be a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching this one too!    Parts of it creeps me out a bit-- but I know some of that is stuff lost in translation and me not being versed in Korean mythology (demon/devil/god).

I've heard it is supposed to have a good ending (or at least satisfying instead of frustrating or sad).

I totally enjoyed going back and re-re-watching Alchemy of Souls...  LOVE that one-- it is EPIC!

--

I tried to enjoy Good Day to be a Dog -- but it would have been better off as a movie-- Episode 0 pretty much does that-- it covers ALL of the major scenes and story lines in 1 hour (do not watch if you are planning on watching the whole series).  Every episode started with a 5-10 minute REVIEW of previous episodes-- Every episode ended with a 5-10 minute REVIEW AND SPOILERS for upcoming episodes.   Every episode had multiple 'reflection' scenes that replayed previous scenes already covered in the intro review... so LOTS of fast-forwarding to eek my way through...  I'd love to see Cha Eun-woo in a meatier role-- he seems to be stuck playing the same clueless clean-cut guy  (Island was a bit different but I lost interest in that Drama and never finished it).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

I'm watching this one too!    Parts of it creeps me out a bit-- but I know some of that is stuff lost in translation and me not being versed in Korean mythology (demon/devil/god).

I've heard it is supposed to have a good ending (or at least satisfying instead of frustrating or sad).

I totally enjoyed going back and re-re-watching Alchemy of Souls...  LOVE that one-- it is EPIC!

--

I tried to enjoy Good Day to be a Dog -- but it would have been better off as a movie-- Episode 0 pretty much does that-- it covers ALL of the major scenes and story lines in 1 hour (do not watch if you are planning on watching the whole series).  Every episode started with a 5-10 minute REVIEW of previous episodes-- Every episode ended with a 5-10 minute REVIEW AND SPOILERS for upcoming episodes.   Every episode had multiple 'reflection' scenes that replayed previous scenes already covered in the intro review... so LOTS of fast-forwarding to eek my way through...  I'd love to see Cha Eun-woo in a meatier role-- he seems to be stuck playing the same clueless clean-cut guy  (Island was a bit different but I lost interest in that Drama and never finished it).

I'm so glad to hear this about the ending! I think I have an idea of where they might go, but we'll see. Also, I just want to say that I wasn't sure about Song Kang after watching those dreadful episodes of Nevertheless, but I'm really enjoying his character in this one. I was surprised at how much humor there is. 

I have Alchemy of Souls on my watchlist, but it was longer than I thought!

I haven't seen Good Day to be a Dog, but I saw some bad reviews. The premise also looked kind of strange. I wonder if Cha Eun-woo doesn't do anything meatier because he's also pretty involved in his music career? 

59 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

I'm so glad to hear this about the ending! I think I have an idea of where they might go, but we'll see. Also, I just want to say that I wasn't sure about Song Kang after watching those dreadful episodes of Nevertheless, but I'm really enjoying his character in this one. I was surprised at how much humor there is. 

I have Alchemy of Souls on my watchlist, but it was longer than I thought!

I haven't seen Good Day to be a Dog, but I saw some bad reviews. The premise also looked kind of strange. I wonder if Cha Eun-woo doesn't do anything meatier because he's also pretty involved in his music career? 

I was also impressed with Song Kang-- ignoring Neverthelss--I've liked his acting (not bad looking either!)  He lost 10-20 pounds for this role so he looks quite different (more sculpted).

The premise-- for Good Day to be a Dog was actually fine-- there were lots of 'cute moments'-- but just not enough developed story to carry drama for 16 episodes-- even 8 would be too many-- would have been better as movie (and even that could have contained the side story lines fully!).

Cha Eun-woo is more involved in MODELING-- he is one of the top (if not the top) male models in the world right now...  Astro (his K-pop group) really has not done anything since the death of Moonbin last year.  He is loosing his 'boy next door' looks (at almost 27 yrs old)-- especially if he slicks his hair back-- so he is (hopefully) destined for more mature roles based on natural aging..

Alchemy is what my friends and family consider to be the 'Lord of the Rings' of K-dramas-- it is fantasy (not a period piece but costumes are period-like)...  While it is LONG-- it is so worth it!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

I was also impressed with Song Kang-- ignoring Neverthelss--I've liked his acting (not bad looking either!)  He lost 10-20 pounds for this role so he looks quite different (more sculpted).

Definitely agree on Song Kang! Sad to hear that he's about to do his military service. 

I didn't know that about Cha Eun-woo....I thought I saw something about him doing solo music stuff (but that was like on Facebook which I know isn't the most reliable place for info!). And I agree that I hope he takes on some more mature roles. 

I'll try and get to Alchemy one of these days!

On 1/16/2024 at 9:21 AM, Vintage81 said:

Okay, I finished My Demon, and I loved it!!! Great couple, good side characters (loved the Wild Dogs…bonus points for the super cute Doberman 🥰), and a nice ending. I’m glad it included a bit of everything - romance, family drama, fantasy/mythology, comedy, friendship, etc. Not sure I’d call it happily ever after (I have questions), but happy enough. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Okay, I finished My Demon, and I loved it!!! Great couple, good side characters (loved the Wild Dogs…bonus points for the super cute Doberman 🥰), and a nice ending. I’m glad it included a bit of everything - romance, family drama, fantasy/mythology, comedy, friendship, etc. Not sure I’d call it happily ever after (I have questions), but happy enough. 

YEA!   I'll finish it tomorrow (Sunday).

I'm almost finished with Welcome to Samdal-ri.  It has a Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha vibe but different storyline twists...I like Ji Chang-wook -- it was nice to see him so comfortable in a rom-com (he does mostly action dramas)...so this one is a KEEPER (as long as they do not trash the ending!).

48 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

YEA!   I'll finish it tomorrow (Sunday).

I'm almost finished with Welcome to Samdal-ri.  It has a Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha vibe but different storyline twists...I like Ji Chang-wook -- it was nice to see him so comfortable in a rom-com (he does mostly action dramas)...so this one is a KEEPER (as long as they do not trash the ending!).

Ooooohhh….this one is on my list to watch. Maybe I’ll wait until you finish so I know about the ending. Waiting for episodes to come out is really not fun!!! Especially with these darn cliffhanger episode endings. 🤣

• Like 1

Reporting back about Welcome to Samdal-ri

Ending was fine-- I guess it was satisfying (they did not totally ruin it).

I still liked the show-- but what is it about this type of ending that is so common-- I call it a selfish ending... but I'm open for discussion-- again the ending was fine and you could say that it was a HAPPY ENDING....

I'm trying to finish the last 2 episodes of My Demon-- I just keep falling asleep... (but I watch this one after the little guy is in bed).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jann in TX said:

Reporting back about Welcome to Samdal-ri

I still liked the show-- but what is it about this type of ending that is so common-- I call it a selfish ending... but I'm open for discussion-- again the ending was fine and you could say that it was a HAPPY ENDING....

I'm trying to finish the last 2 episodes of My Demon-- I just keep falling asleep... (but I watch this one after the little guy is in bed).

Hmmm....I'm trying to decipher what you mean about Welcome to Samdal-ri. 🤨🤣 I went ahead and started it - I'm thru about episode 4. I see the Hometown Cha Cha Cha vibe, but it's not as good. 😕 I can't quite put my finger on why though. I don't know if I don't like the actors/characters as much or if the story is just slow. I'll keep going and see if it gets better, but I’m glad to know the ending is at least acceptable. 

Edited by Vintage81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jann in TX said:

I just thought it was very rushed. Like they had enough material for a second season (or at least a 20 episode one instead of 16), and they put it all in the last episode. It almost made me feel like they had hedged their bets while filming, not sure if it would be renewed, and when they decided no, put everything into the last episode. I really enjoyed this one overall though. 

• Like 1

I don't watch K-dramas, but as you all probably know, I'm a big K-pop fan.

Have any of you watched IU's new music video? It's called Love Wins All.

V from BTS is acting in it.

It is incredible. I knew he'd acted in K-dramas in the past, but I had no idea he was such a good actor.

I have to admit that I don't really remember the song itself, because the music video was so captivating. It was like a mini movie.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I just watched it. It's lovely and super sad.

My YouTube algorithms have fed me a bunch of Kpop stuff lately (not sure what started it) but it's an interesting culture, for sure. The music is fine, but the drama surrounding the idols is topnotch, lol.

Edited by livetoread
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I don't watch K-dramas, but as you all probably know, I'm a big K-pop fan.

V from BTS is acting in it.

It is incredible. I knew he'd acted in K-dramas in the past, but I had no idea he was such a good actor.

I have to admit that I don't really remember the song itself, because the music video was so captivating. It was like a mini movie.

After DD and I got hooked on K-dramas she branched off and started listening to a lot of K-pop. Now she's got me listening to it too. I'm still so new to it, so I don't know much. I know BTS, obviously (!!!), and I know IU, but I haven't seen this video so I'll check it out. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, Vintage81 said:

Hmmm....I'm trying to decipher what you mean about Welcome to Samdal-ri. 🤨🤣 I went ahead and started it - I'm thru about episode 4. I see the Hometown Cha Cha Cha vibe, but it's not as good. 😕 I can't quite put my finger on why though. I don't know if I don't like the actors/characters as much or if the story is just slow. I'll keep going and see if it gets better, but I’m glad to know the ending is at least acceptable. 

I finished Welcome to Samdal-ri and it was okay. It’s not a show I’d rewatch. 

I liked….the tight-knit group of friends, the quirky townspeople, Jeju island setting, the cute main couple, the sisters, and the cute relationship between dolphin guy/youngest sister/little girl (I wish they’d shown more of them!).

I didn’t like…the terrible love triangle (that apparently drug on for like 30 years), the reason the couple broke up was just 🤬 and honestly this ruined a lot of the show for me, the ENDING (!!!!)…selfish ending is a good description @Jann in TX and I didn’t care for it especially after everything the couple went through, and overall I felt the pacing was really slow (I was bored a lot of the time, minus the last two episodes). 

• Like 1

I finished Perfect Marriage Revenge (Viki).

Overall I liked it-- it had lots of twists (almost too many!).  There were a few slow points and I'm very glad they did not try to draw this out and stopped at 12 episodes.  I almost didn't make it through the first episode. 

There are a few triggers-- child abuse/memories of child abuse... Also being blinded by revenge OK for some characters but not for others.

• Like 1

I just finished Secret Royal Inspector & Joy (Netflix). The first half was pretty good…half serious, half kind of silly (in a good way). The middle was slow and the end took a more serious tone. The couple was cute and the ending was mostly okay. Nice supporting characters. 

Side note: I’ve seen many shows now where there are these villain children (their parent is usually the big bad guy), and there’s a point where I always hope for a redemption arc. It’s not their fault their mother abandoned them and dad was horrible and their siblings were abusive or whatever…I understand why they turned out like a villain child. But then the show doesn’t do anything for them, except kill them off, or send them to jail, or something terrible. Frustrating 😕

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watch shows on Disney+? I’ve been seeing a few shows advertised. I used to have it, but we don’t right now. I don’t recall any k-dramas on there before, so I’m wondering if it’s new. I’m just curious how much there is. 

All of the one I've seen advertised for Disney+ have been on HULU instead (in USA). 

I just added HULU to our Disney+ account so I could watch a few dramas that were not on other platforms-- I did a free trial this past summer to watch Dr Romantic 2 and 3!   I will probably keep HULU for a month or two as Viki and Netflix have more of what I watch.

--

I've started First Responders (Hulu)-- it is good but pretty intense (crime scenes and crimes in progress...).  After a few episodes I switched to watch something on the lighter side-- this time I'm re-re-watching My Roomate is a Gumhio (Viki).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Anybody watch shows on Disney+? I’ve been seeing a few shows advertised. I used to have it, but we don’t right now. I don’t recall any k-dramas on there before, so I’m wondering if it’s new. I’m just curious how much there is. 

My major gripe with the 3 things I’ve watched on Disney+ is the dubbed and the translations are just horrible.  There aren’t very many on Disney+ and bc of the horrid translation issue (it’s not just me that thinks that) they haven’t quite managed to pick up the k viewers.   I think you’d do better with almost any other stream. Even prime has some good prime originals lately. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Oh wait. I do have to say  Disney+ is the only stream in the states where I could watch Family: The Unbreakable Bond. The ml and fl are two of my favorite international actors and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was fun and has a happy ending.

I watched Soundtrack #1 (bc ML MinMin!!) and Soundtrack #2.  Somehow managed to me meh even with minmin in #1.  #2 was also meh. Again the translations were off-putting.   

The only reason we have Disney is bc a son put us on his acct so Dh could watch Star Wars stuff. The only thing me and the kids ever watch is Bluey. Bluey is fabulous.😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jann in TX said:

All of the one I've seen advertised for Disney+ have been on HULU instead (in USA). 

I just added HULU to our Disney+ account so I could watch a few dramas that were not on other platforms-- I did a free trial this past summer to watch Dr Romantic 2 and 3!   I will probably keep HULU for a month or two as Viki and Netflix have more of what I watch.

--

I've started First Responders (Hulu)-- it is good but pretty intense (crime scenes and crimes in progress...).  After a few episodes I switched to watch something on the lighter side-- this time I'm re-re-watching My Roomate is a Gumhio (Viki).

The two that caught my eye on Disney+ were Flex X Cop (I believe this is airing now) and The Impossible Heir (I think this comes out in February sometime). I was curious if the shows actually appeared on Disney+ or HULU. Sounds like both?

9 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Oh wait. I do have to say  Disney+ is the only stream in the states where I could watch Family: The Unbreakable Bond. The ml and fl are two of my favorite international actors and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was fun and has a happy ending.

I watched Soundtrack #1 (bc ML MinMin!!) and Soundtrack #2.  Somehow managed to me meh even with minmin in #1.  #2 was also meh. Again the translations were off-putting.   

The only reason we have Disney is bc a son put us on his acct so Dh could watch Star Wars stuff. The only thing me and the kids ever watch is Bluey. Bluey is fabulous.😁

This is why we had Disney+ before was for Star Wars and Marvel stuff. We shut off our subscription after the last season of Mandalorian came out. We'll turn it back on for a month or two when that show comes back. Looks like I might have a few k-dramas to try out! ☺️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vintage81 said:

23 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

I was curious if the shows actually appeared on Disney+ or HULU. Sounds like both?

These are advertised to be on Disney+ but here in the USA they are on HULU (a Disney sub-unit).   It is not 'false advertising' as these are international ads and in many countries they are actually on 'Disney +' .

I do not use dubbing-- but I can agree that the subtitle translations are not great-- and this is coming from my very limited understanding of Korean.

I think I like K-dramas (other than story lines and aesthetics) because I'm very ADD/ADHD and I get to SEE, READ and HEAR at the same time.   When subtitles throw a poor translation it is like a note being out of tune in my brain! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

These are advertised to be on Disney+ but here in the USA they are on HULU (a Disney sub-unit).   It is not 'false advertising' as these are international ads and in many countries they are actually on 'Disney +' .

I do not use dubbing-- but I can agree that the subtitle translations are not great-- and this is coming from my very limited understanding of Korean.

I think I like K-dramas (other than story lines and aesthetics) because I'm very ADD/ADHD and I get to SEE, READ and HEAR at the same time.   When subtitles throw a poor translation it is like a note being out of tune in my brain! 

Thanks for clarifying! I understand now. 

That's a bummer about the subtitles/dubbing. 😕 

4 hours ago, Vintage81 said:

The two that caught my eye on Disney+ were Flex X Cop (I believe this is airing now) and The Impossible Heir (I think this comes out in February sometime). I was curious if the shows actually appeared on Disney+ or HULU. Sounds like both?

Both are showing up on my Hulu acct. flex cop sounds awful cheesy so we will probably watch it. Impossible heir has The Heirs vibe to it, so we will probably watch it too eventually. 

The only reason we have a Hulu acct is because they have a super cheap college student Hulu/spotify combo membership for $7 a month. I tell you what, my Dh lives for the day he qualifies for both college student and senior citizen discounts at the same time. It’s not quite the yogurt coupon sales event of 2005 but dadgum he loves a deal even if it’s on something he doesn’t use. 🙃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Murphy101 said:

Both are showing up on my Hulu acct. flex cop sounds awful cheesy so we will probably watch it. Impossible heir has The Heirs vibe to it, so we will probably watch it too eventually. 

The only reason we have a Hulu acct is because they have a super cheap college student Hulu/spotify combo membership for $7 a month. I tell you what, my Dh lives for the day he qualifies for both college student and senior citizen discounts at the same time. It’s not quite the yogurt coupon sales event of 2005 but dadgum he loves a deal even if it’s on something he doesn’t use. 🙃

That's funny about your DH. ☺️ I love a good deal too, so I get it! 

I'm pretty sure we'll get Disney+ again so we can watch Mandalorian when it comes back out. However, I don't think we'd get Hulu (I think you have to bundle them), so I doubt I'll ever be able to watch those shows. Oh well! Let me know if they're any good!

1 hour ago, Vintage81 said:

(I think you have to bundle them), so I doubt I'll ever be able to watch those shows. Oh well! Let me know if they're any good!

You can change your 'bundle' at any time!   This is cheaper than getting a separate Hulu account if you already have a Disney + one.

I'll only keep my Hulu for another month unless DH sees something on it he wants to watch.

• Like 1

Just finished Doom at Your Service. I probably shouldn't have watched this show so close to My Demon because the first few episodes I found myself comparing the two. 🤣 Oh well...I ended up liking this one. I feel like some of the middle episodes were really slow and the writing was muddy/unclear sometimes, but I really liked the lead couple. Some of the moments where they were experiencing grief and loss were very emotional. I liked all of the side characters too. Not to compare too much, but the ending on this one (vs. My Demon) was better in the sense that it was less ambiguous, so I liked that.