Menu

Things that only I can do, apparently

sassenach

I'll start by saying dh has been an absolute prince during my covid isolation. He delivers a cup of coffee to my door promptly at 7am every morning. He has run to the store especially to buy me kombucha, soup, and ice cream at different points in my illness. He's the best.

However, there are a few things that I've come to realize that are solidly my responsibility in this house. 

• The dishes. It took 72 hours before anyone realized that the dishes were not going to do themselves. To his credit, dh is now keeping the sink more clear than I usually do.
  • Watering the plants. This was actually what got me venturing out of the house every day. I could see my plants withering.
  • Vacuuming. He finally did that on day 5 or 6. Again, I think it had to pile up before it was noticed
  • Throwing out rotten food. I'm feeling well enough to go into the kitchen masked and I opened the fridge to food that's been in there since before I got sick (over a week). I don't know how people just don't see this nastiness. 

and the pièce de résistance

• NOTICING A LEAKING PEN SITTING ON OUR COUCH. Yesterday, I walked out to the family room to fetch some papers I needed and there was a ball point pen leaking ink onto the couch. It had clearly been sitting there for days. Thankfully these couches are 20 years old and we will be replacing them soon, but there is no recovering from this ink stain. It will be there until we toss these couches. 
  • Like 2
  • Sad 13

3 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'll start by saying dh has been an absolute prince during my covid isolation. He delivers a cup of coffee to my door promptly at 7am every morning. He has run to the store especially to buy me kombucha, soup, and ice cream at different points in my illness. He's the best.

However, there are a few things that I've come to realize that are solidly my responsibility in this house. 

• g.
  • Vacuuming. He finally did that on day 5 or 6. Again, I think it had to pile up before it was noticed
  •  

How often do you vacuum????  Once a week is really good for us over here.... Most of the time maybe every other week...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

How often do you vacuum????  Once a week is really good for us over here.... Most of the time maybe every other week...

I am not a neat freak but I do own 2 black labradors, one being an old fella who is losing his hair in chunks. Two days of shedding fills up about 4 canisters. I'm not exaggerating. 

Edited by sassenach

The food in the fridge - so true.  DH can and will eat food well past an expiration date; he will scrape mold off food rather than make something new or go to the store. 

Pretty sure dh has NEVER vacuumed. And he is a clean and neat kind of guy. Oh wait.. he has vacuumed his  car. 

hope you feel better soon