Menu

Christmas card exchange

Mrs Tiggywinkle

I wrote all the beautiful Christmas cards for the 2021 WTM forum Christmas card exchange, and then the entire box of addressed and stamped cards mysteriously disappeared from my desk last November. I rewrote them but it took forever and I suspect two or three people probably got left out accidentally.

In any case, the box of Christmas cards magically reappeared this morning under my seven year old’s bed, along with several candy wrappers, a softball, his brother’s prized Harry Potter wand from Universal, a bag of chips, the disappearing tooth his sister put on the table to put in an envelope for the Tooth Fairy last March, and most of the 80 missing single socks that I thought our dryer had eaten. 

In any case, the little thief hoarder(who says he definitely knows nothing about how anything got under his bed and it was probably the cat) not withstanding, I am going to mail those cards tomorrow instead of tossing them.  I hope you all have a Merry Christmas in July.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 32

20 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

In any case, the box of Christmas cards magically reappeared this morning under my seven year old’s bed, along with several candy wrappers, a softball, his brother’s prized Harry Potter wand from Universal, a bag of chips, the disappearing tooth his sister put on the table to put in an envelope for the Tooth Fairy last March, and most of the 80 missing single socks that I thought our dryer had eaten. 

Lol!

How are you feeling? Are you on the mend? How is your older son's day program going? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Lol!

How are you feeling? Are you on the mend? How is your older son's day program going? 

So, my primary doesn’t think it’s POTS, my B12 is really low and some other bloodwork is funky.  They’re doing more tests but I feel better overall.

His summer program is going great.  The other kids annoy him while he’s trying to work, but that’s any classroom for him.  He loves going.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

So, my primary doesn’t think it’s POTS, my B12 is really low and some other bloodwork is funky.  They’re doing more tests but I feel better overall.

His summer program is going great.  The other kids annoy him while he’s trying to work, but that’s any classroom for him.  He loves going.

Wonderful news for both of you!!! I hope they can find out what's up with your B12--I hope they are ruling out pernicious anemia as well. It's not always caught in younger people. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

So funny.  I thought you were getting a crazy early start on the exchange this year. 

Same!  I almost didn't open this post because I couldn't take the thought of starting Christmas this early.  😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Meeeeeeerry Christmas!  I got my card in the mail today!!  WOOT!

@Mrs Tiggywinklewrote inside, “May you have all the joys of the season” and by gum, I’m going to! Even though it’s August, I’m going to have all the joys now!  

Thank you Mrs. Tiggywinkle!

Edited by Garga
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7