Menu

s/o covid smack on face - how many "levels" are there and recovery times? UPDATE - faint line only (it's slowly going away!)

sheryl

7 hours ago, sheryl said:

I went to the butcher twice this week.  Talked to 2 different men who have packed meat for me for years.  The one said he had it last year and was hospitalized with pneumonia.  The second time he got it he said it was short lasting.   The second guy said yesterday, "I hope you and your husband don't have any long term residual effects".    Now I'm concerned again.   I'm not sure I understand all of this.  So, this virus attacks organs?  These are compromised permanently now?  

Some people report longer term symptoms, but the majority don't seem to.  If you are feeling OK, I wouldn't be worried about long term organ problems.  I mean, it could happen, it could happen with any virus, or anything provoking an immune response.  But, the majority of people who get sick recover.  None of us have any long-term effects - I had joint pain for 2 months, but I had problems for 4 months following my 1-dose shot, but almost everybody that I know has had covid at some point and other than a few long-term taste/smell issues, nobody is reporting chronic problems other than some fatigue.  

• Thanks 1

I am two weeks past Covid. I went to the doctor this week for a shoulder injury. My blood pressure was high for the first time ever. It was normal when I gave blood in April. I have to go get it checked again next month. I do wonder if it's related to having Covid. Hope it's temporary, but I'm already making diet changes. And I have no symptoms or lingering problems that one can see.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clemsondana said:

Some people report longer term symptoms, but the majority don't seem to.  If you are feeling OK, I wouldn't be worried about long term organ problems.  I mean, it could happen, it could happen with any virus, or anything provoking an immune response.  But, the majority of people who get sick recover.  None of us have any long-term effects - I had joint pain for 2 months, but I had problems for 4 months following my 1-dose shot, but almost everybody that I know has had covid at some point and other than a few long-term taste/smell issues, nobody is reporting chronic problems other than some fatigue.  

We're both feeling much better.  I've heard of these bad things happening but the butcher didn't help matters.  He's been cutting my meats for years and we've gotten to know one another.  Thanks for the encouragement!

3 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

I am two weeks past Covid. I went to the doctor this week for a shoulder injury. My blood pressure was high for the first time ever. It was normal when I gave blood in April. I have to go get it checked again next month. I do wonder if it's related to having Covid. Hope it's temporary, but I'm already making diet changes. And I have no symptoms or lingering problems that one can see.

Your day 1 was probably right before mine of July 9.  I don't know how old you are but many times as people age the need for bp med increases.  I made dietary changes too and started drinking green tea!  Glad no lingering problems from co19.   It seems dh and I don't either.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clemsondana said:

almost everybody that I know has had covid at some point and other than a few long-term taste/smell issues, nobody is reporting chronic problems other than some fatigue.  

Both of those can be a pretty big deal for people. Particular the chronic fatigue, which can be anywhere from life altering to debilitating, but even loss of taste and smell can be miserable and many people find it hard to eat due to that issue. 

• Like 1