Menu

Airfryer combo oven thing? Recommendations?

madteaparty

I was wondering which brand/model you recommend for the combo, countertop little ovens that are air fryers, etc. . I hate buying another appliance I won’t use but I think I will use this one. It’s just three of us eating here now and one of us is a little 🙂 I see Breville, Cuisinart (love the look of this one) and Ninja. What do you love? Also, do you really use it as toaster too? 

• Like 1

I have this Ninja, purchased near the end of April 2021. I like it very much, but I've never had one of the pod shaped air fryers to compare it to. I use it as a toaster, to heat up frozen foods and rolls, reheating takeout fries, etc. It needs a good amount of counter space when in use, but being able to fold it up when not in use frees up a lot of that space.

• Thanks 1

I puffy-heart love my Breville Smart Oven. It gets heavy use daily.

Mine is an older model. Technically mine only has "convection" and not "air fry" (which involves a higher speed fan) unlike most of the current models. It still does a very good job crisping up items like air fries.

I sometimes lust for a Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro which has dehydrator and slow cook modes (I'd use those), but it is larger (small turkey size) rather than the whole roast chicken size we currently have (and in our kitchen that's not a plus).

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gifted the Cuisinart to someone recently and she raves about it. She says it takes a bit longer to make toast than a regular pop-up toaster, but that is the only complaint - as a toaster oven she says it’s great. She has roasted chicken in it, air fried, and baked in it and loves it for all of those. It’s the Cuisinart model recommended by Wirecutter, the one with the pizza stone (she hasn’t used that yet, so no review).

Edited by bibiche
  • Thanks 1

Whatever you choose, you might save money on it if you wait for Prime Day — and also watch the Best Buy Deal of the Day page because they often have them as one of the backup deals. 

Also check Kohl’s, Walmart, and Target around Prime Day because they all offer tons of deals to try to compete with Amazon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I have this Ninja, purchased near the end of April 2021. I like it very much, but I've never had one of the pod shaped air fryers to compare it to. I use it as a toaster, to heat up frozen foods and rolls, reheating takeout fries, etc. It needs a good amount of counter space when in use, but being able to fold it up when not in use frees up a lot of that space.

I could have written this exact post!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spy Car said:

I puffy-heart love my Breville Smart Oven. It gets heavy use daily.

Mine is an older model. Technically mine only has "convection" and not "air fry" (which involves a higher speed fan) unlike most of the current models. It still does a very good job crisping up items like air fries.

I sometimes lust for a Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro which has dehydrator and slow cook modes (I'd use those), but it is larger (small turkey size) rather than the whole roast chicken size we currently have (and in our kitchen that's not a plus).

Bill

I have the Breville Smart Oven and absolutely love it and use it daily. We bought it when our 20+ year old stove died at the beginning of the pandemic and we were approaching a kitchen remodel. Along with a hot plate, I used it exclusively for almost 18 months. I love it so much that we ended up incorporating a special place for it in our new kitchen design. With just the two of us, it gets used way more than our regular oven. I highly, highly recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kristin0713 said:

I have the Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 grill/air fryer and I LOVE it. This one does not function as a toaster but you can use it to crisp up leftover fries, etc. I use it as a grill a few times a week and as an air fryer just as often. 

I bought this due to all the recommendations on this board.  We've only used ours a few times but have been really happy with it.  I need to take advantage of it more often.  We baked a ham in it last week and it was great because we didn't have to heat up the kitchen and it came out better than the regular oven as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spy Car said:

This is what we have. We have space in the kitchen for it, so the extra size isn't an issue. It's just 2 of us at home right now. I was trying not to use the regular oven because we've had 100*+ days and need to reduce electrical usage between 11-7. I love being able to use an oven that doesn't heat up the house. I've had it since just after Mother's Day and usually use just the air fryer, though I've also baked cookies in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tree Frog said:

This is what we have. We have space in the kitchen for it, so the extra size isn't an issue. It's just 2 of us at home right now. I was trying not to use the regular oven because we've had 100*+ days and need to reduce electrical usage between 11-7. I love being able to use an oven that doesn't heat up the house. I've had it since just after Mother's Day and usually use just the air fryer, though I've also baked cookies in it. 

Green with envy.

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

Does your oven have a convection broil feature? I air fry on that setting. 

I’m not sure, it’s a standard Wolf stove it seems. The thing is , it’s huge. And it’s just three of us. And I don’t use a microwave. So you can see it’s not that I’m specifically lookin lg for just an airfryer…

2 hours ago, kristin0713 said:

I have the Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 grill/air fryer and I LOVE it. This one does not function as a toaster but you can use it to crisp up leftover fries, etc. I use it as a grill a few times a week and as an air fryer just as often. 

2 hours ago, Kassia said:

I bought this due to all the recommendations on this board.  We've only used ours a few times but have been really happy with it.  I need to take advantage of it more often.  We baked a ham in it last week and it was great because we didn't have to heat up the kitchen and it came out better than the regular oven as well.

Another vote for this! Get the XL size! We have them in two of our houses and I think they were great purchases. We also have dedicated air fryers, but if I was choosing just one thing, this Foodi is what I would get. It doesn't do toast, but I think a regular toaster is so much better and more convenient than making toast in a toaster oven.

They almost always go on a great sale on Prime Day and around Black Friday -- be sure to check Kohl's, because if they are running a coupon sale, plus giving Kohl's cash, their price might be cheaper than Amazon's price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bibiche said:

I gifted the Cuisinart to someone recently and she raves about it. She says it takes a bit longer to make toast than a regular pop-up toaster, but that is the only complaint - as a toaster oven she says it’s great. She has roasted chicken in it, air fried, and baked in it and loves it for all of those. It’s the Cuisinart model recommended by Wirecutter, the one with the pizza stone (she hasn’t used that yet, so no review).

Is this the one? It’s not the one I was looking at that has the vintagey looking knobs, but good to know!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0AWSJX/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=AwEAAAAAAAAAAh8_

26 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Is this the one? It’s not the one I was looking at that has the vintagey looking knobs, but good to know!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0AWSJX/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=AwEAAAAAAAAAAh8_

Yep, that’s it. 👍🏼 I considered the one you’re looking at, but it was too tall for the space.

Edited by bibiche
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree Frog said:

Is this the one? Looks like it’s a WS exclusive. I think I have the space for it bc like I said, no microwave, no toaster, and not even a coffee maker…

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/breville-smart-oven-air-fryer/?catalogId=79&cm_ven=PLA&sku=1382673&cm_cat=Google&region_id=669950&cm_ite=1382673_14571727863&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzqSWBhDPARIsAK38LY-JBYrUCaui5wzLXsCpswuQkzFnlB2x_7bSc13S3-8ryMEg6l98zUIaAof2EALw_wcB&cm_pla=Electrics > Toasters %26 Toaster Ovens

22 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Yes, that's it. I think it was available through Amazon and Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well as WS when I purchased it. 

4 hours ago, Tree Frog said:

I'm thinking about the Breville.  My kitchen is small so I really want to think this through!

Is it loud when air frying?

Does the top get extremely hot in use?

13 hours ago, happi duck said:

I'm thinking about the Breville.  My kitchen is small so I really want to think this through!

Is it loud when air frying?

Does the top get extremely hot in use?

You can hear the fan, but it's not very loud. The top gets hot, though they sell a cutting board you can put on top to help. It was $30, so I chose not to buy it. The oven needs 4 inches on either side and top for ventilation, which I wasn't aware of until I unpacked it.

Edited by Tree Frog
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tree Frog said:

Does the interior of this model of the breville have a coating? If so, could you let me know what material it is made of? I am unable to get this information in all my googling and zooming into pictures of it. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, mathnerd said:

Does the interior of this model of the breville have a coating? If so, could you let me know what material it is made of? I am unable to get this information in all my googling and zooming into pictures of it. Thank you! 

The owner's manual says th einterior features a non stick coating, though from what I see, it's just the sides and top, but not the heating elements or the removable tray. I would be glad to take a picture if that would help. The owner's manual doesn't say specifically what it's coated with.

5 hours ago, Tree Frog said:

You can hear the fan, but it's not very loud. The top gets hot, though they sell a cutting board you can put on top to help. It was $30, so I chose not to buy it. The oven needs 4 inches on either side and top for ventilation, which I wasn't aware of until I unpacked it.

Quoting myself to add info about the hot top. In the owner's manual, Breville refers to it at a warming tray and, with the exception of the Breville Bamboo Cutting Board and Serving Tray that fits on the top, suggests not storing items on it.

1 hour ago, Tree Frog said:

The owner's manual says th einterior features a non stick coating, though from what I see, it's just the sides and top, but not the heating elements or the removable tray. I would be glad to take a picture if that would help. The owner's manual doesn't say specifically what it's coated with.

Thank you. I am asking because my son would like to get a bird as a pet. We don’t want any PTFE and would prefer an all-stainless interior air fryer if those are available. I could possibly email their customer support to ask for the specifics.

2 hours ago, mathnerd said:

Thank you. I am asking because my son would like to get a bird as a pet. We don’t want any PTFE and would prefer an all-stainless interior air fryer if those are available. I could possibly email their customer support to ask for the specifics.

I found this online. I cannot find any countertop ovens/air fryer combos that have a stainless steel interior.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/breville-smart-oven-air-fryer-pro-convection-toaster-pizza-oven-stainless-steel/5850410/question/5131e9a7-38f8-3bf4-a0d1-e1bca7348460

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, madteaparty said:

Thank you very much. That is very informative!

I was told on another forum that Cuisinart and Oster have all-stainless-interior countertop air fryer ovens. I haven't verified that information yet. 

42 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

Thank you very much. That is very informative!

I was told on another forum that Cuisinart and Oster have all-stainless-interior countertop air fryer ovens. I haven't verified that information yet. 

This one states non stick interior.not sure what the sister air fryer looks like 

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toaster_ovens/toa-60/

We have the Ninja Foodi 10 -n-1 XL Pro Air Oven and are happy with it. This one does toast, unlike the other similar Ninja ones. We've been happy with it. I've seen complaints on reviews but haven't had any other than it's not so easy to clean the very back. I bought it almost 6 months ago from Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon. At first we didn't use it much for more than toast and a few frozen items but I've been using it more lately and getting to really like it. It's especially handy this time of year when I don't want to turn on the oven but still sometimes want oven cooked foods. The other day I made chicken souvlaki using the bake setting and toasted some pita bread for fattoush salad. It has a stainless steel interior and Shark/Ninja says it's PFOA/PTFE free. 

17 hours ago, mathnerd said:

This is the info on the back of the owner's manual in case it helps.

1-866-273-8455

1.866.BREVILLE

breville.com/us/support 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

We have the Ninja Foodi 10 -n-1 XL Pro Air Oven and are happy with it. This one does toast, unlike the other similar Ninja ones. We've been happy with it. I've seen complaints on reviews but haven't had any other than it's not so easy to clean the very back. I bought it almost 6 months ago from Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon. At first we didn't use it much for more than toast and a few frozen items but I've been using it more lately and getting to really like it. It's especially handy this time of year when I don't want to turn on the oven but still sometimes want oven cooked foods. The other day I made chicken souvlaki using the bake setting and toasted some pita bread for fattoush salad. It has a stainless steel interior and Shark/Ninja says it's PFOA/PTFE free. 

Thank you for this. Changed my choice from the breville to this one (owing to the stainless steel interior). 🙏

Edited by madteaparty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, madteaparty said:

Thank you for this. Changed my choice from the breville to this one (owing to the stainless steel interior). 🙏

The interior of this one is made of Aluminized Steel (steel coated with a silicone-aluminium alloy). It is the same material that metallic loaf pans and baking pans are made out of. No PTFEs in it. (according to user reviews on their website)

Edited by mathnerd