Menu

Best Amazon Prime movies?

Slache

We really enjoyed The Tomorrow War- gave me independence day vibes. Series- Jack Ryan, and Reacher. Another series we enjoyed was Misfits but fyi there is language. Wheel of Time if you like fantasy although is annoyed with some of the changes from the books.

If you're looking for totally off the wall zany humor there is a Kids in The Hall revival. We've not watched all but enjoyed it but with sketch comedy some are better than others. Be aware lots of language and a full frontal male nudity scene (not sex).

• Like 1

I liked "The mystery of Dark Matter".   (to really annoy a chem teacher going on about how atoms make up everything. . . no, they don't.  they barely make up 3% of the mass of the universe.  They dont' know what Dark Matter is - only that is makes up most of the mass of the universe, and it's not atoms.)

Red Dawn is sort of that same genre

To Catch a Thief - Cary Grant, Grace Kelly

Arrival

True Grit

Red Dog

Love Punch - Pierce Brosnan, Emma Thompson

Not sure if it's free on amazon right now, but need to rec it.

Ride like a girl (Australian jockey, first woman to win the Melbourne Cup.)

• Like 1

A lot of the movies available on Prime you can get elsewhere, the library or other streaming services eventually. You might want to consider bingeing something that is an Amazon Original, since you won't find that elsewhere. I can't think of any movies at the moment, but if you reconsider your ban on TV, I really liked Lupin! one season and you are done.  The Expanse is good but way more than I could watch in a month. Reacher is great, especially because the first season is based on the first book in the series, so it isn't rushed.