Menu

Favorite summer workbooks?

Dd said the Brainquest book she had was too easy. I agree, at least with what I saw. She's a rising second grader. Do you have a favorite summer workbook? Ds did them years ago. I can't remember what brand (they were usually gifts). 

I thought if I had a chance I might just pick one up, but I can always place an Amazon order. 

Also open to fun workbooks in general. Trying to find things for her to do when she's not drawing and not using screens. 

Kumon math workbooks are a staple in our house, but they're pretty boring. This summer, we're working through two Mad for Math books - Spooky Problems and Wizard School. Much more colorful and fun! Dd8 liked the Spooky book and found it rather easy. The Wizard book is at her level, but we're finding multiple errors! 

Sorry, I'm no help on other subjects. I bought some Magic School Bus science kits for summer science, and we just read books for English. 

• Like 1

I looked at Kumon online the other day and an Amazon reviewer said too many answers were given away (they had the answer in the blank and the kid traces it). This was on an English one, though. 

After dinner we were driving around with leftovers and terrible rain so we never made it to B&N. I may have to flip through them when I get a chance. 

I didn’t see the post about Khan Academy til now. Dd went back to dad’s last night. I’d rather not do a online camp as the kids bounce back and forth and I’m trying to find non screen things for her to do. 
I went to Ollie’s today and grabbed a workbook and DIY craft kit. I don’t know why I can’t paste pics lately. Maybe I can from my laptop later. Most if the craft kits looked junky (bad Amazon reviews etc). I hope this one is ok. 

• Like 1