Menu

Stolen Facebook photos

Elizabeth86

Just now, Elizabeth86 said:

I'm dying of embarrassment. I'm like MOM what on Earth were you thinking! I'd never do that interview in a million years. I'm so shy and introverted, but she she’s never met a stranger. 

Well, I love Mason so I think it will be fine.  

• Haha 1

I had a viral Facebook post a couple years ago.  Almost all of my pictures on my FB are set to friends only except for the ones you can’t make private, like profile pictures.  So many journalists literally took my story and stalked my FB to find my pictures/kids pictures and now if you google my real name it’s all over with pictures. My kids were bored one day and searched me on YouTube for whatever reason and there’s even been a few people who turned my story into a YouTube video!

Facebook basically told me there was nothing they could do about public photos being stolen.  I could report them if they were on FB but by then they were everyplace else.  Fortunately it’s been around five years and there’s never been any kind of weirdo issue, but stalking people’s FB for photos just seems absolutely bizarre to me.  I didn’t know most of these articles were ever even written about us.

Also, I figured out the viral story about your Mom and I’m DEAD.  We all know this is about to become a made for TV movie.  Probably Hallmark.  I will take the night it premiers off work just to watch, because this is a great story.  She needs to sell T shirts.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

After Mrs. Tiggywinkle's review, I'm very curious. I used the search words suggested earlier and didn't come up with anything. Would someone please pm me, too?

I would also love to learn how people search on Google. I've tried with various keywords and used parenthesis, but my searches aren't very productive. Honestly, I feel like I could use a class to learn tips and tricks. Maybe when I have more time, I'll start a thread asking for help. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I had a viral Facebook post a couple years ago.  Almost all of my pictures on my FB are set to friends only except for the ones you can’t make private, like profile pictures.  So many journalists literally took my story and stalked my FB to find my pictures/kids pictures and now if you google my real name it’s all over with pictures. My kids were bored one day and searched me on YouTube for whatever reason and there’s even been a few people who turned my story into a YouTube video!

Facebook basically told me there was nothing they could do about public photos being stolen.  I could report them if they were on FB but by then they were everyplace else.  Fortunately it’s been around five years and there’s never been any kind of weirdo issue, but stalking people’s FB for photos just seems absolutely bizarre to me.  I didn’t know most of these articles were ever even written about us.

Also, I figured out the viral story about your Mom and I’m DEAD.  We all know this is about to become a made for TV movie.  Probably Hallmark.  I will take the night it premiers off work just to watch, because this is a great story.  She needs to sell T shirts.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. 

A tv movie 😂

9 minutes ago, Tree Frog said:

After Mrs. Tiggywinkle's review, I'm very curious. I used the search words suggested earlier and didn't come up with anything. Would someone please pm me, too?

I would also love to learn how people search on Google. I've tried with various keywords and used parenthesis, but my searches aren't very productive. Honestly, I feel like I could use a class to learn tips and tricks. Maybe when I have more time, I'll start a thread asking for help. 

Anyone feel free to share with whoever on here. I might not have time to pm everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Whoever is running the Baking Queen FB has made my night. The memes. My god. The memes.

I really hope your Mom doesn’t mind because I could really use a laugh and these memes have supplied them. 

She really doesn't, I'm dying. I've told my DH million times that one of my biggest fears is making the news in life or death. This is too close fornl comfort. I'm just glad I have a different last name.

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

She really doesn't, I'm dying. I've told my DH million times that one of my biggest fears is making the news in life or death. This is too close fornl comfort. I'm just glad I have a different last name.

You should ask them to write you out of the Hallmark special. 
the nice thing about viral stuff is it really doesn’t last very long in the public mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

the nice thing about viral stuff is it really doesn’t last very long in the public mind.

Right!! Anytime anyone asked my grandma a lot of questions she always asked them if they were writing a book and then she told them to leave her chapter out. 😂 It may die down soon with the public, but my family will never let this be forgotten. 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Whoever is running the Baking Queen FB has made my night. The memes. My god. The memes.

I really hope your Mom doesn’t mind because I could really use a laugh and these memes have supplied them. 

For real. Those memes are hilarious. OP - do you know who runs that FB page because they also appear to be selling tshirts and such. I’d be a little put out if someone was pretending to be me and making money from it…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

For real. Those memes are hilarious. OP - do you know who runs that FB page because they also appear to be selling tshirts and such. I’d be a little put out if someone was pretending to be me and making money from it…

No clue. I'd just like for us to have some free shirts. 😂

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

That or at least say if your character has to be in the movie, you must be played by Amy Adams or Rosemund Pike or whomever you like! Make them pay the big bucks for a top name. 😁

• Haha 1

IIRC, FB’s Ts & Cs state that when you post a photo in FB, you are tacitly giving FB co-ownership of the photo.  So if FB has no problem with the photo being posted elsewhere, you don’t have that much to say about it.  

And it doesn’t make any difference if you say “copyright my name” on the photo.  It’s part of what you agree to by having a FB account. 

This was what I was told in a copyright protection class I took when I was doing photography as a business. That was a few years ago, so things might be different now.  

The best protection you can give your photos on FB is to put a serious watermark on the photo that distorts it snd makes it pretty useless for anyone to swipe it.  But that’s not very satisfying.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I found it with some mild internet sleuthing. The memes and the Chuck Norris-style baking jokes 😂😂😂. I’m in bed wheezing with tears running down my face trying not to wake up my husband. 

Tell your mom congrats from me, truly! It’s an amazing thing and not just because it went viral. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I found it with some mild internet sleuthing. The memes and the Chuck Norris-style baking jokes 😂😂😂. I’m in bed wheezing with tears running down my face trying not to wake up my husband. 

Tell your mom congrats from me, truly! It’s an amazing thing and not just because it went viral. 

My husband was particularly fond of the chuck Norris jokes too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I don’t want to out OP’s Mom but I would support an entire thread of those memes.  I laughed so hard at the fresh ones this morning I woke my kids up. I also would like one of those pies.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but don't want my username and old posts connected so if I delete this and we don't mention she’s my mom, this could work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Have you guys seen the latest? Apparently there is a woman on the fake Facebook page and it seems she thinks this is really my mom. 😂 My mom has never spoken a rude or mean word to anyone. 😂

Apparently they took these down, I don't see then anymore.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:34 PM, elroisees said:

I think Facebook has a report method. Maybe click around the photo and look for a menu that includes that option? I have no idea how helpful they will be, though. 

They do and I've done it before. There was a bit of a survey to get through it but they did remove it. 

On 6/26/2022 at 8:06 PM, Elizabeth86 said:

It's odd, but my mom has gone viral for her fair winnings and she isn't on the internet in any way so people are trying to find the mystery lady. Lol

This is phenomenal,  OMG. She's totally famous, and the memes rock. 

• Like 1