Menu

And...DH has covid

ktgrok

over two years in, but he went to a conference in San Francisco, very few masks, and in one thing he was speaking on camera and didn't wear a mask. Plus cross country plane trip, and the woman on the first flight out was visibly sick. So, yeah. Has headache as of this morning, and some joint aches. Some congestion, but that's not abnormal after he flies, although usually he's stuffy, right now he's a bit runny. 

And lets just say I was very exposed last night, if you know what I mean. I tested negative just now, but yeah....

He's going to go isolate in his office other than when using the bathroom, and wear a mask when out. But that ship may have already sailed. (he has a futon in his office)

• Sad 38

UGH.  It sucks so much that people who have avoided it for over 2 years are getting it now because there is hardly anyone masking even though rates are high. 

I hope he has a mild course of it and that nobody else gets it.  At least this time you guys are in a much bigger home to isolate from each other if you want. 

I just dropped my kids off at a ballet intensive in another state and they were the only ones wearing a mask.  Just sucks.  I don't even know what to tell them to do.  I mean they are living and eating with everyone so what is the point of masking during dance classes really?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

UGH.  It sucks so much that people who have avoided it for over 2 years are getting it now because there is hardly anyone masking even though rates are high. 

I hope he has a mild course of it and that nobody else gets it.  At least this time you guys are in a much bigger home to isolate from each other if you want. 

I just dropped my kids off at a ballet intensive in another state and they were the only ones wearing a mask.  Just sucks.  I don't even know what to tell them to do.  I mean they are living and eating with everyone so what is the point of masking during dance classes really?

YUP. Florida is back up over 20% positivity, but NO ONE is wearing masks. Last time I was at the store I didn't see a single person wearing one. NOT ONE. Church no longer requires them. Nothing, nowhere. 

And of course, no longer required on planes, in airports, etc. With over 20% positivity. People going around sick in public, etc. 

• Sad 7

Thanks. Just realized I was supposed to go to a volunteer meeting for VBS helpers tomorrow. Went ahead and le them know I'm not coming. The two other events we had for this week were already cancelled - a play date was postponed because her kid has a fever, and a meet up to ride a train was rescheduled due to high case numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

YUP. Florida is back up over 20% positivity, but NO ONE is wearing masks. Last time I was at the store I didn't see a single person wearing one. NOT ONE. Church no longer requires them. Nothing, nowhere. 

And of course, no longer required on planes, in airports, etc. With over 20% positivity. People going around sick in public, etc. 

I know.   It makes me feel crazy because everyone around me is just living life as normal.  The only place that still had masks is my their home ballet studio.  But people are out living life totally normal. I just hear a big ticking clock in my head.  It makes me so mad because we have been so careful and given up so much.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Yeah, Texas is over 20 percent, but the hospitalizations are way, way, way down.  Also, went to husband's neurology appointment in Dallas and none of the staff or the doctor were wearing masks. No one is wearing them anymore.  I just don't have the fight in me anymore now that mom has had it. I am tired of being different, so I no longer wear it anymore either. I will get it at some point here in the next few weeks, but hubby doesn't want me to live in fear anymore.  He said it is just endemic and we didn't do that for any other illness. Right now everyone we know has had a very, very mild case, including my mom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasProud said:

Yeah, Texas is over 20 percent, but the hospitalizations are way, way, way down.  Also, went to husband's neurology appointment in Dallas and none of the staff or the doctor were wearing masks. No one is wearing them anymore.  I just don't have the fight in me anymore now that mom has had it. I am tired of being different, so I no longer wear it anymore either. I will get it at some point here in the next few weeks, but hubby doesn't want me to live in fear anymore.  He said it is just endemic and we didn't do that for any other illness. Right now everyone we know has had a very, very mild case, including my mom. 

Yeah, I'd be more relaxed if my mom wasn't dealing with bad lung issues. She's now on oxygen at home as needed, with O2 sats regularly in the 70s if off the oxygen. So, yeah...I can't give her anything respiratory. But, I dont' wnat to avoid her, as she may not have a ton of time left. Hence, being so careful. Haven't eaten in a restaurant since this began, or been in a store without a mask, or done ANYTHING really. 

But yeah, stick DH on a plane next to a person who was so ill she passed out on her seat tray, then in what I think is the largest IT conference in the world, and...yeah. We knew going in to this it was a 50/50 shot he'd come back with covid, at least. But for his career, it was important. Blergh. 

• Sad 12

3 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Yeah, I'd be more relaxed if my mom wasn't dealing with bad lung issues. She's now on oxygen at home as needed, with O2 sats regularly in the 70s if off the oxygen. So, yeah...I can't give her anything respiratory. But, I dont' wnat to avoid her, as she may not have a ton of time left. Hence, being so careful. Haven't eaten in a restaurant since this began, or been in a store without a mask, or done ANYTHING really. 

But yeah, stick DH on a plane next to a person who was so ill she passed out on her seat tray, then in what I think is the largest IT conference in the world, and...yeah. We knew going in to this it was a 50/50 shot he'd come back with covid, at least. But for his career, it was important. Blergh. 

Totally get it. I was being so incredibly cautious because of my mom. Gratefully, she and my step-dad were practically asymptomatic which I cannot believe. She even told me she thought if she caught it she would be dead. So yeah...  totally get it!!!!! I hate this. And I am really sorry your dh got it. 

• Like 3

I'm so sorry.  Hope he gets a mild case and you don't get sick.  

My kids were supposed to visit this weekend and Ds1 just texted this morning to say he tested positive.  He returned from a trip last night and had high exposure so I wasn't surprised but obviously hoped he wouldn't get sick.  He lives in a small apartment with his girlfriend and I don't know how he'll isolate.  Hopefully she won't get it.  So far he said he has cold symptoms and fatigue.  

Thinking of you.  I know so many people who are getting it for the first time now or just getting over it.  Feels like this is never going to end.  😞

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

over two years in, but he went to a conference in San Francisco, very few masks, and in one thing he was speaking on camera and didn't wear a mask. Plus cross country plane trip, and the woman on the first flight out was visibly sick. So, yeah. Has headache as of this morning, and some joint aches. Some congestion, but that's not abnormal after he flies, although usually he's stuffy, right now he's a bit runny. 

And lets just say I was very exposed last night, if you know what I mean. I tested negative just now, but yeah....

He's going to go isolate in his office other than when using the bathroom, and wear a mask when out. But that ship may have already sailed. (he has a futon in his office)

Don't assume that.  We have contained it twice in our house even after we figured it was too late 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, busymama7 said:

Don't assume that.  We have contained it twice in our house even after we figured it was too late 

Based on what I’ve seen with friends, I agree. It’s entirely possible he was non infectious last night. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, KSera said:

Based on what I’ve seen with friends, I agree. It’s entirely possible he was non infectious last night. 

maybe, he got home late late Friday night, so that would have been likely last exposure. 

Actually, he got ice cream with the kids, and for the first time in however long this has been, they ate inside since theer was no one else there, so another potential exposure. That was Saturday night. 

• Like 2

Wishing your family all the best! I completely understand about the pressure to go on that conference. Our careers have taken quite a hit because of our precautions and refusal to travel, while everybody else goes on as normal. Feeling the pressure again as a conference is looming this summer (agreed to years ago!), and several conference invitations for next spring. No more remote options for many of them. I cried earlier today because it feels so hopeless - the variants appear to be getting worse (B4/5), and I am concerned the US may not be investing in updated vaccines and treatments for all  (most) of us (and any updates will be outdated by the time they are available). Those of us who have been cautious in the hopes for better days were screwed big time. I knew it was going to be bad in January 2020 when people were laughing at me when I warned them about what was happening in China, but I did NOT think we'd be in such terrible shape 2.5 years later.

I hope it will be mild, and that you can keep your mom safe!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I hope you don't get it! There really is a chance that you won't. I shared the story last week that my DD21 got it while we were all on vacation together. She was asymptomatic but tested positive for 5 days. The other 3 of us never got it and we were sharing small living quarters since we were on vacation. We assumed that we were already super-exposed so we never even tried to avoid her once she was positive. We figured that we would all end up positive but it never happened.

• Like 5

Y'all give me hope! Seems his main symptoms started today,headache this morning, and some joint aches, just minor, and runny nose. So maybe he wasn't contagious for many days before we found out. But his positive was VERY positive VERY quickly. Last time I saw a test turn positive that fast and that dark I was 9 weeks pregnant with my oldest, lol. Test line was darker than the control line. 

• Like 4

twitter is abuzz with people talking about how many people came back from this conference with Covid. It ended up being a super spreader event it seems. Lovely. A lot of other people posting about how it was not smart to go to a giant conference (20K people on the convention floor) without a mask mandate. And yeah, i'm a bit annoyed at DH for going, but more at the world for thinking this is over. He was actually taking part in a roundtable discussion for the event, on stage, or he would not have gone. 

Now I'm wondering how soon he can catch it again? He is supposed to go to DefCon, aka "Hacker Summer Camp", in August. In Las Vegas. I am...not thrilled. He's not speaking at that one, and I'm not sure honestly why he thought it was smart to go to it, although when he signed up for it masks were still mandated on planes. Then he is speaking at another in October. That one is small though, just workshops, not a big conference. But vegas? No masks? UGH. 

I sort of forgot he was going, as originally all travel was "play it by ear" but now we are over 20% and he still went to this last one. 

Not sure how likely he is to be immune two months from now?

• Like 2

And he was just complaining about this sucks because he wanted to repeat last night. AS if that is the worst part! He keeps saying well, we are vaccinated, but my sister was vaccinated and ended up in the hospital unable to speak. She still has tremors! Stop touching things and get back in your office!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I got it four weeks ago after avoiding it for two years and I am still in pretty rough shape.  Several people were very much exposed and somehow none got it, including dh.  We didn't even try to isolate since we had been in such close contact for the days I was symptomatic but still testing negative.  So, there is hope!

Edited by skimomma
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

On twitter it was brought up how ridiculous it is that cyber security professionals, who try to stop computer viruses all day every day, didn't mask up to stop a biological virus. (DH did, except when speaking in the round table, and when eating/drinking...but even that is plenty of exposure)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I have spoken at three conferences this spring, all filled with everyone from EMS to critical care nurses to EM physicians, and there was never a mask or social distancing in sight.   I really think most people don’t care if they get Covid anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I have spoken at three conferences this spring, all filled with everyone from EMS to critical care nurses to EM physicians, and there was never a mask or social distancing in sight.   I really think most people don’t care if they get Covid anymore.

Yeah, DH is caring now...he said, "everything hurts...it just hurts"  in the wee hours of the night when he cut through the bedroom to use the bathroom. And he's taking the day off, which is unheard of. (works from home). Earlier yesterday he was a bit relaxed, saying it was just like a cold. Now...not so much. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Sad 12

I put our room air filter in the office for him last night, when I brought him sheets/pillows/blanket for his futon in there. This morning when I brought him coffee it was still sitting where I put it, unplugged. Sigh. I messaged him to please plug it in and turn it ON. 

The covid brain fog is real - I caught him without a mask downstairs yesterday - he was carrying it but forgot to put it on. And then not turning on the air filter. Forgetting his CPAP after I reminded him he needed it, etc. 

I put a table outside his door so I can put stuff there, and him come out masked to get it, rather than me keep walking into his room of germs to drop stuff off. (I'm masking, but still)

• Sad 12

Just now, ktgrok said:

I put a table outside his door so I can put stuff there, and him come out masked to get it, rather than me keep walking into his room of germs to drop stuff off. (I'm masking, but still)

Just FYI, I wore my K94, N95 ( I get confused) around my mom all week she had Covid.  I did not isolate from her.  We needed to do a lot of stuff together like pay bills, work on car insurance stuff, etc. Now I did eat my meals on their back enclosed porch.  I did not wear my mask in my bedroom.  But other than that, I did life with her and my stepdad for a week.  I did not catch it.  ( I also have to believe that I was exposed same time they were...probably on the flight, but IDK...because I have been everywhere they have been.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Just FYI, I wore my K94, N95 ( I get confused) around my mom all week she had Covid.  I did not isolate from her.  We needed to do a lot of stuff together like pay bills, work on car insurance stuff, etc. Now I did eat my meals on their back enclosed porch.  I did not wear my mask in my bedroom.  But other than that, I did life with her and my stepdad for a week.  I did not catch it.  ( I also have to believe that I was exposed same time they were...probably on the flight, but IDK...because I have been everywhere they have been.)

I'm hopeful at least the kids won't catch it. I however have a bit of a runny nose right now, I think. Sigh. I really don't want the kids getting sick. 

• Sad 8

And this is petty, and I may delete it, but I'm also a bit angry that I've been careful to the point that I need my eyebrows waxed, but didn't go because it was the weekend and they would be busy and I knew rates were up, and yet may get Covid from a bunch of tech bros that think they are too good to wear masks. GRRR. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

5 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Katie - I'm so sorry about it all.  I hope DH feels better soon, the kids stay healthy, and you get a mild case if you do get it.  Thinking of you.

thank you. I'm now wearing a mask if outside my room, just in case, to limit exposure to the kids. But both DDs were in a car with him for an hour round trip on Saturday. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Sad 5

40 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

thank you. I'm now wearing a mask if outside my room, just in case, to limit exposure to the kids. But both DDs were in a car with him for an hour round trip on Saturday. 

Fingers crossed.  It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that we are still dealing with this.  😞 

• Like 3

In good news (sort of) the conference in August has on their website that 'unless things change" they will require masks. Last year they required masks and vaccine proof or a negative test, but with most people testing at home, and vaccines preventing severe illness more than spread, they are just going to go with masks. But, masks are the biggest way to prevent spread, so that makes me happy. 

That said, I know there will be a TON of private parties, drinking, etc at Defcon - it's a tech bro thing, imagine all the geekiest guys from the AV club in highschool who all get together and get to be the "cool kids" finally. And people don't do masks as private parties. Going to have to talk to DH about that. 

I do think DefCon will be safer in a way, as it is more actual hackers and entreprenuers and such vs the more corporate attendees at RSA. RSA is very very vendor driven and corporate, lots of CEOS and sales people. More sales people than anything. And DefCon is more learning. (this is what I'm telling myself to stop from getting even more upset anyway)

And then in October (if the world still exists in this plane of reality by then), it is a very small workshop driven conference, where he will be speaking. So a lot less people, BUT more intimate groups where people will feel better about removing masks. And he's leading a workshop at that one, and likely judging some fun contests, etc, I think. It is run by a company that just hired him as a 1099 employee, and he may be switchign to them full time by the end of the year - which is his 100 percent dream job of a lifetime, so I won't fault him for going. 

But I may make him go stay in a freaking cabin in the woods for a week afterward. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Fingers crossed.  It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that we are still dealing with this.  😞 

I know. It makes me SO angry. Which is likely not good for my immune system. 

Plus, if I get it, how do I take care of my kids - if both parents are sick? And DS 22 drove DH home from the airport, so lots of exposure there, and he REALLY doesn't want Covid again, as he never got his taste buds back all the way from when he had it over a year ago. 

And is still salty a bit about being put in a literal bubble when he had it, while DH keeps wandering out of his room touching things. 

Plus, if we are all going to get it, I'd rather do it quickly! We had some virus a month ago that took 5 weeks to get through all of us - I was SO annoyed that we kept making plans to do stuff and had to keep canceling as another got sick. We have VBS, their only real camp/school/social experience in their lives, in two weeks. I do NOT want them to get sick right before that. I'd rather they get sick now and be better. 

Ugh. 

I HATE Covid logic problems. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

And this is petty, and I may delete it, but I'm also a bit angry that I've been careful to the point that I need my eyebrows waxed, but didn't go because it was the weekend and they would be busy and I knew rates were up, and yet may get Covid from a bunch of tech bros that think they are too good to wear masks. GRRR. 

I was angry after my parents attended what turned out to be a super spreader event, too.  Angry at them for going, angry at the event for even happening since the majority of the attendees are elderly, and really angry about not having a mask mandate. I can't even go to PT or my podiatrist without wearing my mask. My father has been ill for over 2 weeks now and today was the first day he wore anything but sweat pants. But even going outside to make one small repair exhausted him. This feels like it may never end. 

• Sad 7

5 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Yeah, DH is caring now...he said, "everything hurts...it just hurts"  in the wee hours of the night when he cut through the bedroom to use the bathroom. And he's taking the day off, which is unheard of. (works from home). Earlier yesterday he was a bit relaxed, saying it was just like a cold. Now...not so much. 

This is EXACTLY the same pattern as my ds.  Yesterday said he was fatigued and stuffy but not a big deal.  Today, he feels much worse and took a sick day, which I don't think he's ever done (also works remotely).  

5 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I'm hopeful at least the kids won't catch it. I however have a bit of a runny nose right now, I think. Sigh. I really don't want the kids getting sick. 

How are you feeling now?  

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Plus, if I get it, how do I take care of my kids - if both parents are sick?

Covid has made things so much tougher for parents of young kids.  😞  I'm really grateful mine are older.  

• Like 2

Katie,

I've been exposed numerous times (my DH was a dingbat, ate indoors, and caught it about two months ago -- probably BA2, but the kids and I did not), and regularly work 12 hour shifts with Covid patients in the ICU, and thus far have managed to escape it (though BA 4/5 will probably test my luck again). There is definitely hope. I wear a 3M Aura every day at work and it is my favorite mask. 

TexasProud, please don't give up. Have you seen the data on the long-term sequelae of even mild Covid? I recommend this recent Twitter thread from the Chair of UCSF Department of Medicine. He has been pretty middle of the road re Covid, IMO, but after his wife recently had a mild case, then had a Paxlovid rebound case, she's been experiencing symptoms of long Covid. He wrote this thread yesterday and it's a good summary of the data re why people should still try to avoid getting infected: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

TexasProud, please don't give up. Have you seen the data on the long-term sequelae of even mild Covid?

My husband really just wants me to quit worrying and enjoy life. He says it is now endemic and just the way it is. We were the ONLY ones masked (including staff, doctor) at his specialist appointment.  I just went to my first choir practice this week for our Washington DC trip. We are singing at Kennedy. When we get there we all have to be vaccinated and have to practice in masks and even perform in masks unless we have a Covid test 2 hours before the practice/performance.   But here at practices no one masks.  I WILL wear one on the plane.  But no one else will, much like no one did when I took my mother. ( I was so mad. They took off restrictions a week before we flew.)   But NO ONE is masking here. I am tired of being different.  I am so tired ( and my husband is so tired of hearing) of my Covid analysis of risk. 

• Sad 7

20 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

My husband really just wants me to quit worrying and enjoy life. He says it is now endemic and just the way it is. We were the ONLY ones masked (including staff, doctor) at his specialist appointment.  I just went to my first choir practice this week for our Washington DC trip. We are singing at Kennedy. When we get there we all have to be vaccinated and have to practice in masks and even perform in masks unless we have a Covid test 2 hours before the practice/performance.   But here at practices no one masks.  I WILL wear one on the plane.  But no one else will, much like no one did when I took my mother. ( I was so mad. They took off restrictions a week before we flew.)   But NO ONE is masking here. I am tired of being different.  I am so tired ( and my husband is so tired of hearing) of my Covid analysis of risk. 

I am sorry -- I really truly am, on a profoundly deep and agonizing level -- that our government and fellow Americans have put you in such an untenable position, forcing you to make such a terrible decision. People truly don't understand how the decisions they are making today are harming themselves (if not directly with things like Long Covid or strokes, pulmonary embolisms, or brain issues in the 6-12 months post-infection then indirectly by cratering our healthcare system).

I worked over the weekend and had an obese patient that we needed to take for a stat head CT. I work night shift in the ICU and we are having serious staffing issues throughout the hospital. We could not get this patient to CT until day shift because we simply did not have the manpower to move an obese patient to CT on night shift. Think about that for a second: we are a stroke-certified hospital. In our last review, we got some gold star rating or whatever for strokes. And if you came to our ICU, and I suspect that you have a brain bleed while in my care, and are too fat for me to move, sucks to be you, you gotta wait until day shift because the pandemic has so decimated our staffing. But, by all means, let's not worry about Ba4/5 -- more transmissible than Omicron, but with the gut punch of Delta. Buckle up. This summer is going to suuuuuuuck.

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

19 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

I am sorry -- I really truly am, on a profoundly deep and agonizing level -- that our government and fellow Americans have put you in such an untenable position, forcing you to make such a terrible decision. People truly don't understand how the decisions they are making today are harming themselves (if not directly with things like Long Covid or strokes, pulmonary embolisms, or brain issues in the 6-12 months post-infection then indirectly by cratering our healthcare system).

I worked over the weekend and had an obese patient that we needed to take for a stat head CT. I work night shift in the ICU and we are having serious staffing issues throughout the hospital. We could not get this patient to CT until day shift because we simply did not have the manpower to move an obese patient to CT on night shift. Think about that for a second: we are a stroke-certified hospital. In our last review, we got some gold star rating or whatever for strokes. And if you came to our ICU, and I suspect that you have a brain bleed while in my care, and are too fat for me to move, sucks to be you, you gotta wait until day shift because the pandemic has so decimated our staffing. But, by all means, let's not worry about Ba4/5 -- more transmissible than Omicron, but with the gut punch of Delta. Buckle up. This summer is going to suuuuuuuck.

But see, part of the reason my husband says we shouldn't worry is because hospitalization for Covid is almost non-existent here. When mom got it, they put her in the hospital ( after many hours of deliberating) because she was dehydrated from all the explosive diarrhea (side effect from her cancer meds) and when they found out she was positive they decided to be safe and keep her overnight. But she was the only one in the hospital. They sent her home with a prescription for Vitamin C and D.  That was it.  They said they couldn't prescribe anything else since she was asymptomatic.

Here in our area, there are 13 in the hospital with Covid ( compared to our high of 900 or something).  I know that hospitalizations lag the numbers, but so far I am not seeing the same correlation in numbers so far that I have seen in other ones.  My husband feels like I am unhealthily obsessed with all of this tracking. 

22 hours ago, TexasProud said:

I know im preaching to the choir, but i just wanted to highlight the fallacious argument of 'it's endemic now, so give up trying to do anything to prevent it'.  Endemic =/= no precautions.  We in the northern hemisphere just aren't used to having endemic diseases that are particularly dangerous.  Last one to hit was AIDS, where yeah, for a while people were wearing 'masks' on the parts that counted so as not to spread it. 

Malaria is endemic in some parts of the world. When you go there, you take quinine pills, bug spray, and sleep under a mosquito net. You don't just say, oh well, it's endemic, what can I do??

Neither of those, of course, are airborne, so the modes of minimizing risk are different.  But continuing to wear face masks, especially during a spike, seems a simple preventive that also lets us live our lives. Wearing a mask decreases my worry and makes me more comfortable being out and about. When people visit an area where malaria is endemic, are they told to not bother with mosquito protection?  Endemic =/= harmless. It just means here to stay, learn how to live with it. 

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, Matryoshka said:

Neither of those, of course, are airborne, so the modes of minimizing risk ate different.  But continuing to wear face masks, especially during a spike, seems a simple preventive that also lets us live our lives. Wearing a mask decreases my worry and makes me more comfortable being out and about. When people visit an area where malaria is endemic, are they told to not bother with mosquito protection?  Endemic =/= harmless. It just means here to stay, learn how to live with it. 

My husband's rebuttal would be that the 2 vaccines and booster ARE how we are living with it.  We don't wear masks to protect from flu.  We expect the vaccine to do its job. 

6 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

My husband's rebuttal would be that the 2 vaccines and booster ARE how we are living with it.  We don't wear masks to protect from flu.  We expect the vaccine to do its job. 

But now that we have masks accessible and that wearing them has become normalized, maybe some folks would wear masks if the flu vaccine turned out to be not a good match for the circulating strain. Cause it's a cheap and easy way to avoid getting sick. Which, for some of us, is a desirable goal.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5