Menu

Updates 2023 (job hunt etc)

heartlikealion

Just now, barnwife said:

But what about families without vehicles? I just...can't fathom how this works. What about homeless families?

Oh boy....it's a good thing I've never heard of this because I'd be that person protesting and doing it anyway.

Sorry, OP, for the tangent.

Walkers are a separate category from pick-up line. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Had a preliminary interview on Zoom today. If they want me for round two, I'll hear back this afternoon and they will schedule a face-to-face one in LA. The pay scale is pretty broad so I'm not sure what it would be but I know what I'd need to make. 

Wow, I hope you find something that works for you.  How close will you be to the kids if you get this job?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Had a preliminary interview on Zoom today. If they want me for round two, I'll hear back this afternoon and they will schedule a face-to-face one in LA. 

Our constant reply in Louisiana, whatever the topic may be: At least we're better than Mississippi! 😄😄

• Haha 7

I was offered an interview weeks ago which I was tempted to take — but now that they (the agency) finally got around to asking if I can come I said I’m holding out for a job closer to my kids. This was a job through the nanny agency I work for but the family wants a “household manager.” You organize things, cook meals, do some cleaning, have limited time with child after school is out. Has benefits. But still 3 hrs from my kids. So I’m still looking. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, Terabith said:

How would moving out of state affect things legally?  I know that can switch up courts and stuff.  

I can’t get over that nobody will even have court about him moving them so far away from you and denying you so much visitation.  

Sorry, meant to say I do need to discuss this but given the job market and proximity to the kids, I think 1-2 hrs outside the state line would be permitted. Probably would ask for 3 weekends a month or something like that and meet up on Friday evenings after work. Not sure. 

• Like 2

Spoke to lawyer. He’s going to draft something but I suggested we meet in person to go over it. I emailed some of my wishes. 

I bought a ticket to a huge event/networking opportunity on the coast in March so if I don’t have a job by then maybe I’ll get a lead. It’s an award thing (I attended similar when I worked for a newspaper). Tickets are refundable but I’ll probably go either way. And there’s an 80s/90s theme so I asked my gf/hairdresser if she had a tool to crimp my hair and she said yes. Just really trying all kinds of things. 

• Like 10

Landlords will release me from lease if I need to go. 

I even applied for the Logic of English customer support person (remote) but they didn’t disclose salary and I’m sure it’s not a living wage. 
I’m sick as a dog but it’s probably just a cold. However, I think I may visit a walk in clinic to outrule strep etc. A nurse friend said some are testing positive for Covid with negative home tests. No fever. Just have had an on going sore throat & cough. It’s really derailing my productivity. 

• Sad 13

Not strep. Not flu. Not Covid. Just a very red, sore throat. They write a script for a cough syrup but ins didn’t cover it and it was $65. I didn’t buy it. I’ll check all my labels soon to see if the ones I’ve been using maybe expired. I bought a bottle of severe cold & flu. Even though I don’t have fever it might be the best one for me to use tonight. 

• Sad 8

It’s like it’s getting worse, not better. Up another night due to coughing. I’ve ate straight honey, drank pineapple juice, sucked on marshmallows, eaten frozen treats, had soup, hot cocoa, water, tried a little hot tea, take 2000 mg of Vit C… I tried Mucinex DM capsules. 

Nothing seems to help. I don’t think I have bronchitis. I have had that in the past. 

• Sad 1

Gargle warm salt water. Drink warm tea with a couple slices of ginger. Drink warm chicken broth or bouillon. Mucinex doesn't work thinning mucous unless you drink a lot of fluids. Take benedryl at night but not with mucinex. Benedryl thickens mucous, slows drainage, and makes you tired. 

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dianthus said:

Gargle warm salt water. Drink warm tea with a couple slices of ginger. Drink warm chicken broth or bouillon. Mucinex doesn't work thinning mucous unless you drink a lot of fluids. Take benedryl at night but not with mucinex. Benedryl thickens mucous, slows drainage, and makes you tired. 

It might work for the thinning but I took Benadryl that one night and it didn’t make me sleepy. 
move been gargling with salt daily. It just seems like anything that helps helps for 2 seconds. 😞 

2 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

They called in some products for me to pick up at the pharmacy (hoping ins will cover these ones). If things don’t improve within a few more days then they recommend I do fill the antibiotics script. 

My mom got a prescription for cough suppressant pills after two weeks of a cough. She said she was like a new woman after a few hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clemsondana said:

If it lingers with no fever, also consider benedryl.  It's been unusually warm and wet in my part of the south, so the folks with allergies are having some issues at a time of year that usually is OK.  

I tried the capsules that I had but it didn't seem to have any effect. I feel like I'm immune to all products LOL

The pharmacy had 2 out of 3 products. I called around and found it in stock at Walgreens. Waiting on the nurse to return from lunch to send it to Walgreens. I sent her a message in the portal. It will take me an hour to drive there and she won't be back from lunch for another half hour or so, so this is kinda dragging out, but I should have some products in hand by this afternoon. They prescribed Bromfed cough syrup (this one IS covered by my ins), some capsules, and a nasal spray. 

• Like 1

I took all the meds. I also tried some wine to see if it would help me sleep. Propped my head up in bed. That was around 5 or so. Didn’t get much rest/relief if any, just took another shower with one of the Vicks shower menthol things. 

I feel like I’m just immune to everything. Like popping tic tacs. 

Funny story, woman at one pharmacy accidentally sent me to my car with the hand scanner in my bag. I heard it beep and brought it back. We all got a good chuckle. They were looking all over for it! 

Dd is sick. My dad is sick. Probably won’t drive to them. Might try the antibiotics as last resort. 

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

Did the doctor think it was a bacterial infection?  You've been sick long enough that it might have invaded your sinuses or something.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't take the antibiotics if it could reasonably be bacterial?

Probably because it costs $65. 

• Like 1