Menu

Cover Story- The Remarkable Journal of Professor Gunther

I bought a used copy of Cover Story that included two Student Books, the Teacher’s Guide, and the DVDs.  The Journal did not come with it.  I can not find anywhere that has the journal for sale alone, even if I bought it new.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  

Or could I replace it with something else?  What is in the journal?  Are they just journal prompts everyday that have nothing to do with the curriculum?  Or is it imperative that I use that journal? 

P.S. I will probably cross post this in the General Education board in case this is in the wrong spot.  

The journal is a consumable. I found it to be a great exercise for creative writers. It was easy and fun at first, but the longer it went on the more challenging it became. 

There was a story spread out in pieces throughout the journal and the kids' responses filled in the blank spots between the story pieces. The first few weeks they had to write five questions a day for example. Five days a week. There's a contest either on FB or the email list using entries from these sections. Ages ago my now 21yo won a wooden handled magnifying glass and vintage key from one of them. 😄

Edited by SilverMoon
  • Like 1