Menu

LinkedIn accounts for kids?

bibiche

Is this a thing now? I mean, yes, I know it is, but is it an expected/necessary thing for kids now? Do your kids have them? I used to think it was only for a certain type of high octane student, but I just saw a scholarship application that asked for a LinkedIn page (it did give the option of submitting a resume if the applicant didn’t have a LinkedIn).

It seems silly to me and I try to avoid ramping things up unnecessarily, but I don’t want my opinions to affect offspring opportunities either. 

5 hours ago, madteaparty said:

For college students certainly.

DS (not a college student) had to open one recently because he wanted to do a course in excel and that’s the platform this particular course was on. I was annoyed that he had to do that but it was the course he needed so🤷‍♀️

Yep, every college student I know has one, which makes sense for internships and such. I was surprised that it seems to be getting pushed down to high school level. I guess LinkedIn by age 15 is the older kid version of needing to read by age 3. 🙄

I guess yours was going to have to get one in another few months anyway, so it was inevitable. And he got to take his course, so it worked out. 🙂

Yep! Even high school. My dd is a in a high school Program and they teach them college exploration, career soft skills etc and part of what they did was start a LinkedIn page for each student. She has referred to it when applying for some

programs as they ask for it. 

• Thanks 1