Menu

Sooo, What changes are you making for this new global event?

saraha

Mostly I’m just sitting around, being depressed about not getting a real garden in this year! 😞

Nothing new with the Ukraine situation, but I did get a freeze dryer a while ago, and it’s been working hard. But I mostly intend to keep doing the usual - an extra X here, and extra Y there, and extra Z now and then.

I do want to recheck the boys for shoe sizes. Even though I bought next sizes in the early days of the pandemic, they needed more when pickings were still slim.  Now I’m worried about pricing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, saraha said:

Sorry, meant Ukraine.

Gotcha. 

There isn't anything in particular we're doing re: Ukraine. Nothing to be done, really.  Gas prices will go up, but we don't really go anywhere (thanks, pandemic). 

Mostly I'm bummed because we're been in a holding pattern re: moving. I could probably sell my house quickly, but there's no inventory in the places we've discussed moving to.  Our mortgage is low, which blunts the effects of inflation. We have a car loan and the mortgage, and that's it. 

• Like 1

Ooh, I can point to a new thing now!  We ordered our solar generator stuff. Not *because* of the current situation, at least not for me, as I’ve been wanting to do this for years, and dh and I did have a plan to do get it for the new house. But current stuff did finally convince *him to do it now.

Now watch me lose power in the snow/sleet/ice storm we’re getting on Friday, well before it will get here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am noticing that I am getting more and more stressed about the current world situation and every day that results in me planting more and  more veggie seeds.  There is no way we are going to be able to eat all those plants I am growing. Seems like I am tapping my toes waiting for the twins to finish their schoolwork so I can run out to the polytunnel and plant another punnet of cabbage and bok choy.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:10 AM, Melissa in Australia said:

I am noticing that I am getting more and more stressed about the current world situation and every day that results in me planting more and  more veggie seeds.  There is no way we are going to be able to eat all those plants I am growing. Seems like I am tapping my toes waiting for the twins to finish their schoolwork so I can run out to the polytunnel and plant another punnet of cabbage and bok choy.

Definitely not the worst thing you could do with that energy!

I’ve been cutting back on the news by quite a bit.  I’m not comfortable going *too long without checking in, just because I feel like missing stuff means later stuff has less context.  I have caught up on some mindless TV!

I did start some seeds. It’s hard because I know I’ll probably kill most plants trying to move them in a few months, but it’s worth a shot and it’s something to do!  I can’t put anything outside yet, now that we’re having a super weird streak of long, freezing temps. 😞

• Like 1