Menu

So much stress, it seems never ending

DawnM

40 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

Dawn, I am praying over this meeting. Bring notes and stick to your points, repeating them often. Bullies are good at flooding a space with words and tangents. 

Wow, that is exactly the description of her.   She has asked for lots of documents from me today and made comments about every little thing.....it is SO obvious she is making notes to tell them I am doing a bad job.   Not sure she can really say tons, but doing the work of 3 people, I WILL drop some balls.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Wow, that is exactly the description of her.   She has asked for lots of documents from me today and made comments about every little thing.....it is SO obvious she is making notes to tell them I am doing a bad job.   Not sure she can really say tons, but doing the work of 3 people, I WILL drop some balls.

Hang in there, Dawn.  You're doing a great job and we're all here rooting for you.  I hate that this awful woman is adding additional stress to your life! 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Do not get side tracked. Stick to facts. Repeat. It takes courage to stand up to a bully instead of going with the flow. 

You are stronger and braver than you think. It is hard but You can do this. 

((hugs))

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

What a mean creature, asking you to contribute ammunition for her to use against you. I hope the higher ups see right through her. And I hope you use any pointing out of dropped balls as an urgent plea for adding staff. 

• Like 3

It went ok.   I was told I am not in trouble and that this isn't about performance (I honestly think she wanted to make it about performance, but she had nothing to go on.).   It was just a mediation.   I apologized for raising my voice and told her she did X.....her response?   "IF I did X, I apologize."  🤔

But the upshot is, I do hope things get better.

• Like 13
  • Confused 2

I am so sorry Dawn. I have worked at several schools and having an awful admin is just the worst. I was involuntary transferred from working with a really good principal who tried to fight to keep me to a school where no one wanted to work at because the principal was so awful. I literally tried to hide from her. I walked way around the school to avoid walking by her office, tried not to say much or respond to her, etc. I never understood who in the district supported her but she somehow was really powerful and got what she wanted. 
The following year I signed up to work at a year round school and told people I needed that schedule just to change schools. The awful principal tried to get me to stay but I just kept saying I needed a different schedule. 

Have you tried emailing back to document? So when she asks you to do something that would take 12 hours in one day or insults you. Then you email back something like-

I just want to clarify what you would like me to prioritize since I am doing the jobs of two other people as well as my own. You mentioned this….., or you said this…. But …. At the 504 meeting this happened …

So you have a record of it happening and having to do more than your assigned job. 

• Like 2