Menu

So the wood boiler strikes again! I have a broken finger.

Faith-manor

I was loading it last evening, was trying really hard to fling a log into the very back, caught the edge of the door which propelled the log right back at me with big force, and it hit me square in the hand (think like jamming your finger with a LOT of force.) The third finger, being the longest, got the bulk of the energy, and it has a hairline fracture. Splinted now, it looks like I am giving everyone the finger every time I go to use my hand. It is my dominate hand so this is quite often.

I of course had to eat crow with the organizer of my Sunday zoom mini-concert. So much for playing the piano for a while.

I did NOT want to be seen because of covid, but eventually called the band aid station/stitch and ditch due to pain and swelling. The receptionist said they had no one in the ER, and to give her my cell phone number so if that changed in transit, she could let me know to sit in the parking lot until the all clear. I was in and out in record time. But the doc, a violin player who was very concerned about a pianist having a hand injury, padded this splint until it looks like I am wearing a sheep that hasn't been shorn in a couple of years! It is quite uncomfortable and really pushing on the other fingers. I am glad he took it seriously. However, this is not sustainable for the next three weeks until another x ray, so dh is going to unwrap, take some stuffing out of there, and re-tape.

I am frustrated.

And frankly, hating wood, just all wood, at the moment. Hopefully, I will get over that.

• Sad 16