Menu

Does your username still “fit” you? Just curious.

Hilltopmom

Does your username still “fit” you?

Mine does not- it’s been 5 years since we lived at the top of our hill in the  woods. Hilltop homeschool is long gone. Those kids are adults now.

Now I live on a lake- but don’t want to change to Lakesidemom, lol.

Just curious, I know some of you have been here way longer than me 🙂

• Like 5

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I named myself after my kids' two favorite sports.  It was after I gave up "CuriousMomof3" since I didn't have 3 anymore, and CuriousMomof2 was too painful to consider. 

Now, "Baseball" is really into triathlons with a little basketball and golf on the side, and "Hockey" is obsessed with soccer and lacrosse, and I kind of wish I had a name that reflected all my kids.  Sometimes I think about changing it to Sportsball&Spellbooks or something like that.  Probably won't though. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I named myself after my kids' two favorite sports.  It was after I gave up "CuriousMomof3" since I didn't have 3 anymore, and CuriousMomof2 was too painful to consider. 

Now, "Baseball" is really into triathlons with a little basketball and golf on the side, and "Hockey" is obsessed with soccer and lacrosse, and I kind of wish I had a name that reflected all my kids.  Sometimes I think about changing it to Sportsball&Spellbooks or something like that.  Probably won't though. 

Off topic, but you’ll always be the mom of three.  

• Like 20

No? Kind of?  I can live with it.

Mine was related to Lyme (thus the y rather than an i), and thank goodness my Lyme battling days appear to be over! 

I wouldn’t change it, though, it would feel disingenuous to just switch up on people without a pressing reason!

• Like 6

Just now, Baseballandhockey said:

I know, but when I changed it, a couple weeks after his death, I couldn't look at that name without crying.  

I understand. And really it will always be hard. Five years later and the question of how many children I have still chokes me up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 13

1 minute ago, Hilltopmom said:

Ha! I always think of your name as “milk twins” like wow- she nursed twins.. it was so memorable that it’s her username. 😂 

Lol. I can tell you from breastfeeding two in public that it can draw a crowd and would be a totally worthy username for anyone.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I know, but when I changed it, a couple weeks after his death, I couldn't look at that name without crying.  

12 minutes ago, LinRTX said:

I understand. And really it will always be hard. Five years later and the question of how many children I have still chokes me up. 

7 minutes ago, Hilltopmom said:

Yes, this. I pause when people ask me how many kids I have & never know quite how to answer. It’s tough.

I wish I had the right words to say but all I can do is send big hugs to all of you and everyone else who has experienced such a terrible loss.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I wish I had the right words to say but all I can do is send big hugs to all of you and everyone else who has experienced such a terrible loss.

We all need a hug emoji react for comments like those. Not that it's somehow a solution or the "right thing" - just, I think we all want to reach through the computer with a prayer or a hug.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Farrar said:

We all need a hug emoji react for comments like those. Not that it's somehow a solution or the "right thing" - just, I think we all want to reach through the computer with a prayer or a hug.

Yes, I think that all the time and sometimes search for it since facebook has the care one.  My heart hurts for so many on this board and I wish there was an appropriate reaction.  

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes. It's been my name since 6th grade. There were 3 Rachels in one class and a boy gave us all nicknames. I think all 3 of us still use them.

How do you pronounce "slache?" Is it 'slash' or 'slack' or something else? Just wondering what this boy observed about you for nickname purposes. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I changed my user name last week. It was a little too personal and I didn't want anyone irl to recognize me. I'm glad to tell what my old user name was via pm if anyone wants to know. I wasn't that memorable. 🙂

I like tree frogs. I like their variety of colors and loved going to sleep to their sounds.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tree Frog said:

I changed my user name last week. It was a little too personal and I didn't want anyone irl to recognize me. I'm glad to tell what my old user name was via pm if anyone wants to know. I wasn't that memorable. 🙂

I like tree frogs. I like their variety of colors and loved going to sleep to their sounds.

So Curious (I guess my older user name still fits).  Can you pm me?