Menu

After almost seven weeks of non weight bearing, I am WALKING!!!

Kassia

1 hour ago, Melissa Louise said:

Oh, that is good news! Don't overdo it. 

33 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Yay!! 🎉🥳🎉🥳

That’s fantastic news! Now, please promise you’ll continue to take cate of yourself and **not do too much**? 

I'm so happy for you! 

Thank you everyone!!!!  DH is already telling me to sit down and elevate and not do too much so I am trying to listen to him.  I'm so thrilled and have been in tears (of joy!) on and off since my appointment.  I actually walked out of the office on my own two feet (with boot and crutches, but before today it was always a wheelchair)!  🙂  

• Like 7

Woooohooooo!!

Until a week or so ago I wouldn't have truly got this. But the helplessness of just a bad arm/wrist/hand has had me going bonkers...if I couldn't walk I'd be a basket case. Life is hard enough without that kind of stuff making EVERYTHING harder! Like, going to the bathroom shouldn't be hard! Staying clean shouldn't be hard! Getting comfy in bed shouldn't be such a production!!! Needing a tissue and having to ask someone to get it, etc etc. That stuff just wears you down, I'm sure! Add in the mental exhaustion from figuring out what you can and can't do, and the best way to do what you can, and the stress of worrying about recovery, and then your head injury! Ugh. 

Lady, I know you think your husband needs a vacation, and he does, but so do you! Hugs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Woooohooooo!!

Until a week or so ago I wouldn't have truly got this. But the helplessness of just a bad arm/wrist/hand has had me going bonkers...if I couldn't walk I'd be a basket case. Life is hard enough without that kind of stuff making EVERYTHING harder! Like, going to the bathroom shouldn't be hard! Staying clean shouldn't be hard! Getting comfy in bed shouldn't be such a production!!! Needing a tissue and having to ask someone to get it, etc etc. That stuff just wears you down, I'm sure! Add in the mental exhaustion from figuring out what you can and can't do, and the best way to do what you can, and the stress of worrying about recovery, and then your head injury! Ugh. 

Lady, I know you think your husband needs a vacation, and he does, but so do you! Hugs. 

Aw, thank you so much!  It is difficult being without a limb!  How are you feeling?

I've broken my wrist once and also had two carpal tunnel surgeries so I do remember what it's like to be without a hand and it is not fun!  You don't realize how much you depend on having two good hands!  Walking feels great even though I'm on two crutches, only putting a little weight on the operated foot, and still in a boot - putting that foot down makes such a huge difference!  

• Like 1