Menu

Shoes for comfort/every day (other than sneakers/tennis shoes?)

DawnM

I love Clarks mules and have those for my everyday wear, I also have worn Easy Spirit and Naturalizers in the past.

My good friend says she loves a brand called Olukai and she showed me hers and I have now ordered a pair.

What are your favorite shoes that are not sneakers?   

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I love Clarks mules and have those for my everyday wear, I also have worn Easy Spirit and Naturalizers in the past.

My good friend says she loves a brand called Olukai and she showed me hers and I have now ordered a pair.

Jambu, Sofft, and Merrel are my top choices.

• Like 1

I have lots of problems with my feet- RA affects my toes, AS affects my middle portion and bacl including Achilles Tendonitis, etc.  and neuropathy caused by autoimmune diseases also affect my feet.  I now wear only expensive flip flops, or Clarks shoes or slippers. 

I have a number of Clarks shoes, including loafers, another sort of dress shoe with a rounded top, and adjustable velcro hold - both of these are leather.  Then for the summer, I have two pairs of sandals by Clarks too.  

I finally got these shoes when I realized that all I could wear was flip flops or New Balance walking shoes or the special slippers I bought and also dd1 bought me.  

• Like 2

I can't comfortably wear a shoe with no strap behind the heal. My toes continuously want to flex to stop the shoe from sliding off. And I hate shoes with straps between the toes. I also need arch support so laceless/slip-on runners are my at-home footwear in the fall/winter. I like sandals with straps at the back during the summer. Merrells or Keens have great arch support.

ETA: I just bought a replacement pair of Keens sandals as my last pair finally died after many years of use. The sandals with the covered toe are excellent!

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2

I wear minimalist shoes and Lems are my favorite. I love how lightweight and flexible they are, and how they allow natural toe splay, unlike most other shoes. I have these:

https://naturalfootgear.com/products/lems-boulder-boot-vegan-pinecone-1?_pos=42&_sid=b99d09fd7&_ss=r

and these in both brown and black:

https://naturalfootgear.com/products/lems-primal-2-brown-1?_pos=19&_sid=b99d09fd7&_ss=r

• Like 2

I got Merrell Antora sneaker mocs for Christmas and I love them! I know you said no sneakers, but I dislike sneakers and still love these. I have them in black and burgundy. They are much nicer looking than sneakers.

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/antora-sneaker-moc/50766W.html?dwvar_50766W_color=J066950&ref=sneaker moc#q=sneaker moc&start=1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Longtime Lurker said:

I got Merrell Antora sneaker mocs for Christmas and I love them! I know you said no sneakers, but I dislike sneakers and still love these. I have them in black and burgundy. They are much nicer looking than sneakers.

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/antora-sneaker-moc/50766W.html?dwvar_50766W_color=J066950&ref=sneaker moc#q=sneaker moc&start=1

It is because it is for work.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

You know, I don't really like light shoes without a firm foothold. It seems to me that she can fly off me at any time. I don't understand how the guys manage to wear it. My favorite shoe is Dr. Martens. Not only do they look stylish, but they also fix the ankle quite well. Which is also extremely important to me. And if it gets hot in them, then I prefer Adidas Gazelle, they are in red. Great shoes that I was able to order using forstep style. I hope that you can find something here that you really like.

I like sperry boat shoes when I can get them in wide for when weather is decent. I where proper ankle booties when the snow is not deep, and I do not need a lot of insulation. And for our current disastrous Michigan weather, my go to is a pair of clod hopper insulated Danners which I get in the men's section. I am a woman's 8 wide, but the way Danners size, I can use a men's 7 and the toe box is perfect for my bunion unlike the women's boots.

I love boat shoes for everyday.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:38 AM, DawnM said:

Merrell Jungle Mocs

I picked them up as Work shoes when I was pregnant with my oldest and my feet were a little swollen so I needed something that would grow with my feet. And they were SO comfortable I wear them almost all the time now -- Church, at home after work, at work. I even recently discovered they are decent camping/hiking shoes as well. It's also nice to be able to keep being able to buy them. They have not been discontinued unlike other shoes I have fallen in love with.

I guess I didn't see this thread the first time it came around. My pair I wear in winter besides my Nikes is this one: https://www.clarksusa.com/c/UN-LOOP/p/26085071 I didn't pay that much, and mine is smooth leather (bought a couple of years ago). They look like boots if my pants are long enough. I have some clogs, but I don't wear them as much because of the slippage.