Menu

Wordle

happi duck

2 hours ago, kirstenhill said:

PSA:  today is the first day the NYT version differs from the original.  So if you play off a page that you haven't refreshed since the move or from a saved copy, you will get a different word that players on the new site.  Only a small number of the words have been changed, apparently. 

It was a good day for my starting word with the puzzle on the NYT site: 

Wordle 241 2/6

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(Spoilers in article): https://mashable.com/article/wordle-241-glitch-answer

Great job! I’ve only gotten it in the second word once, and for me it was admittedly a sheer guess. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it on the second word once ... about 10 seconds after my first word. The whole thing was over in less than a minute, and it was honestly the most disappointing experience I've had with this game. I had sat down expecting to play for a while and BAM it was done for the day and hours until the next one appeared. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wordle 240 6/6

🟩
🟩🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Barely made it yesterday and not much better today!

Wordle 241 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 241 4/6

Barely made it today.

7 hours ago, Storygirl said:

Wordle 241 3/6

🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in three today! I think I average 5 (my stats reloaded, so I'm not entirely sure) and sometimes get 4, so three is a win.

I think I average 4 but that may be just wishful thinking. I get 5 more often than I would like. Like you I'm thrilled I got it in 3 today and I didn't even struggle to get it. I was finished in just a couple of minutes.

According to my streak log, four guesses is my average with three guesses coming in second. ETA: I don't know if I'm playing the NYT version yet or not. 

Wordle 241 4/6

🟩
🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Edited by Chelli
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, kirstenhill said:

PSA:  today is the first day the NYT version differs from the original.  So if you play off a page that you haven't refreshed since the move or from a saved copy, you will get a different word that players on the new site.  Only a small number of the words have been changed, apparently. 

It was a good day for my starting word with the puzzle on the NYT site: 

Wordle 241 2/6

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(Spoilers in article): https://mashable.com/article/wordle-241-glitch-answer

I didn't see this until after I played. I had the old word, dh had the new one. The new word was what my third guess was today, so I would have had it in three (got it in 4 instead). The word they replaced was ridiculous to be in the word list IMO, so I see why they replaced it.

13 minutes ago, Teaching3bears said:

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got it on the third try today.  I think I was very luckly with my second guess and nothing else fit afterwards.  

I used a second word I NEVER would have played pre-NYT. Claims of not harder are baloney. They’ve been picking less likely words every time, as opposed to the blue moon occurrences before  

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ugh! I got today's in 5 again. I changed my strategy recently, and I think I am going to change it back. I was getting it in 3 or 4 before. 

I had really bad luck today. I only got one (in the wrong place) letter in my first try. My second guess showed me that the one letter that I had was now in the right place, but I got no other letters. My third and fourth guesses also yielded no new letters, so I still knew only one letter going into guess five. I only got it on the fifth try because there weren't many letters left to try!

Wordle 242 5/6

🟨
🟩
🟩
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

2 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I used a second word I NEVER would have played pre-NYT. Claims of not harder are baloney. They’ve been picking less likely words every time, as opposed to the blue moon occurrences before  

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Agree! 

1 hour ago, historically accurate said:

Wordle 242 3/6

🟩🟩
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Used the strategy of not building off Word 1 despite having 2 places set - it paid off giving me the first letter.

I did the same. I would not have gotten the word on the 4th try without using 15 different letters in the first 3 tries. 

Wordle 242 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Funny about harder / not harder.  I really haven't noticed it getting harder; and the data shows, I'm still usually getting it in 4 with an occasional rhyme-vortex 5 or lucky-pick 3. 

But I've *always* had a strategy of picking a Row 2 word that doesn't really use anything I learned in Row 1.  Maybe that makes a difference?  Though I can't really think why it would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The 2000-something winning words were all decided when the game was written, and they could all be downloaded and viewed by anyone who wanted to look at the game source code, so people have compared those to the NYT winning words. Until yesterday, when the two different words thing happened, the words had been the same on the original site and the NYT based one. Yesterday’s change was from a harder word to an easier one. I also got the impression of a string of difficult words recently, but that clearly was just coincidence. Fwiw, when I go back and play the archives, I always feel like early on they used harder words than what I had usually been coming across in the daily game until recently.

It sounds like the biggest change The Times has made is in eliminating some words as being allowed guesses (there are 10,000 something words allowed as guesses, but only 2000 something that are on the winning word list). 

This article gives some details on the kinds of words they have removed: https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/15/22934587/wordle-solutions-changed-new-york-times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pam in CT said:

Wordle 242 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Funny about harder / not harder.  I really haven't noticed it getting harder; and the data shows, I'm still usually getting it in 4 with an occasional rhyme-vortex 5 or lucky-pick 3. 

But I've *always* had a strategy of picking a Row 2 word that doesn't really use anything I learned in Row 1.  Maybe that makes a difference?  Though I can't really think why it would.

There has been the option to play the game in “hard” mode, [eta just checked, the option is still there under the gear shift tab] which requires you to use any previously greened letters in the same place in subsequent words. My kids play on that and challenged me to do the same, which I did for a bit but it made me crazy! 

As far harder/not harder…. I guess it’s just a string of coincidentally challenging words giving me a…. y’know. 

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Haha 1

Wordle 242 5/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ugh…I don’t know if it’s harder or not, but ever since the change, it’s taken me 4-5 guesses each day. Before I was getting it in 3, sometimes 2. Probably coincidence. Oh well. 🤷🏼‍♀️

DH helped me today and he was very proud of himself (even though he likes to make fun of me for playing). 🤣

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

Absurdle has unlimited tries - no need to Undo!  

So if you go onto the challenge mode you have to try to beat the algorithm for a specific target word rather than guessing a word. It’s kind of backwards. Which means that if the algorithm decides certain letters are correct (or incorrect) you can no longer get your target word so you have to retry.  It’s a bit hard to explain without trying it probably. 

• Like 1

Daily Quordle #25
4️⃣7️⃣
6️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟩🟩
🟨🟩 🟨🟩🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩 🟩🟩
🟨
🟨🟩 🟨🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Woohoo

16 hours ago, purpleowl said:

Wordle2 60 2/6 #wordle2

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://www.wordle2.in

I don't think I saw this one mentioned here yet - six-letter Wordle. Updates twice a day instead of just once. 😊

Ooh thanks!

Statistically which one should be harder? I can’t do math tonight. I got this in four as well for the first day.

• Like 1