Menu

Nightgowns on Amazon (gift related)

Spryte

I need to have a nightgown or two delivered by Friday, so Amazon is the best way to go. But, wow, prices vary widely! This is going to a nursing home, so nothing pricey, as it will likely get lost in the laundry soon, grrrrr.

Anyone want to help me choose a nightgown for an 81 year old? She’s the artsy fartsy type, used to lean more New Age-y, always wore black (best at art shows, and to show off the necessary artsy jewelry). 

She’s 5’1” so nothing too long. 

Everything I’m finding that doesn’t scream “old lady” either looks like a muumuu or is too expensive ($175? $200? That’s too much for a nursing home nightgown, ugh!).

I looked up black nightgowns on Amazon and got tons of cheaper suggestions.  But I'm not sure what you want for style?  For example is this one bad?  https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Elaine-Nightgown-Comfortable-Lightweight/dp/B08JZFC3KZ/ref=sr_1_22?crid=7EQ07PDGUCAD&keywords=black+nightgowns+for+women&qid=1642010968&sprefix=black+nightgowns+for+women%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-22

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

I looked up black nightgowns on Amazon and got tons of cheaper suggestions.  But I'm not sure what you want for style?  For example is this one bad?  https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Elaine-Nightgown-Comfortable-Lightweight/dp/B08JZFC3KZ/ref=sr_1_22?crid=7EQ07PDGUCAD&keywords=black+nightgowns+for+women&qid=1642010968&sprefix=black+nightgowns+for+women%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-22

That looks perfect! And a better price tag. 

It’s funny, DH and I have compared Amazon searches—we definitely get fed different search results. I didn’t think of adding “black” in to the search, though. 🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just an update. I ordered that one, plus some hand lotion, the requisite red lipstick, and some decorated Birthday cookies. I think it’s perfect. 

Thanks for the quick help, all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Spryte said:

That looks perfect! And a better price tag. 

It’s funny, DH and I have compared Amazon searches—we definitely get fed different search results. I didn’t think of adding “black” in to the search, though. 🤣

It looks very sheer, though -- check out the model's legs in the photo. You can see right through the fabric.

Just now, Catwoman said:

It looks very sheer, though -- check out the model's legs in the photo. You can see right through the fabric.

Oops! Well, if it’s too sheer, I did find a back up option that can be there next week. Very similar, but possibly a heavier fabric.

It’s so hard to shop online!

4 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Oops! Well, if it’s too sheer, I did find a back up option that can be there next week. Very similar, but possibly a heavier fabric.

It’s so hard to shop online!

If you think it's too sheer when you look at it again, Amazon will cancel the order for you if you do it fairly quickly. You can probably do it yourself in your order history, but if the order doesn't cancel immediately, you can do the Help thing where you request a callback or do an online chat, and the rep will cancel it for you.  🙂  

• Like 1

I know you already ordered, but I was going to add something just in case anyone else is pajama shopping on Amazon.  I ordered a number of different nightshirts/nightgowns from there.  I found that some of the really cheap poly/nylon/synthetic ones are just not comfortable at all for sleeping.  I now stick to the 100% cotton ones and those tend to be much more comfortable in general.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  I'm sure some synthetic ones are fine, I have some mixed fabric ones from target that are super comfy.  But ugh, some of these are just kind of hot, don't breathe, slightly itchy.  Blech.

• Like 1

Just now, FuzzyCatz said:

I know you already ordered, but I was going to add something just in case anyone else is pajama shopping on Amazon.  I ordered a number of different nightshirts/nightgowns from there.  I found that some of the really cheap poly/nylon/synthetic ones are just not comfortable at all for sleeping.  I now stick to the 100% cotton ones and those tend to be much more comfortable in general.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  I'm sure some synthetic ones are fine, I have some mixed fabric ones from target that are super comfy.  But ugh, some of these are just kind of hot, don't breathe, slightly itchy.  Blech.

Yes! I have found the same thing! And my kids always pajama shop for me from Amazon. Sigh. 

• Sad 1

I LOVE the bamboo pajamas from this brand - I have 4 pairs. SOOOO soft, the bamboo is breathable so no getting sweaty, and they wash up really well. I have not tried their other fabrics, but I know they have some nightgowns in the bamboo material. Highly recommend.

Link to the pajamas I love more than anything: https://amzn.to/31SWhhP

Link to all their sleepwear: https://amzn.to/3HXCyNl

Edited by ktgrok
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

I LOVE the bamboo pajamas from this brand - I have 4 pairs. SOOOO soft, the bamboo is breathable so no getting sweaty, and they wash up really well. I have not tried their other fabrics, but I know they have some nightgowns in the bamboo material. Highly recommend.

Link to the pajamas I love more than anything: https://amzn.to/31SWhhP

Link to all their sleepwear: https://amzn.to/3HXCyNl

DD15 has those same PJs and loves them!  She likes that the fabric feels cool to the touch. They are cozy to sleep in, but dd runs hot in the evenings so finding PJs can be difficult for her. 

53 minutes ago, Tap said:

DD15 has those same PJs and loves them!  She likes that the fabric feels cool to the touch. They are cozy to sleep in, but dd runs hot in the evenings so finding PJs can be difficult for her. 

35 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have the Latuza bamboo ones also! They are my favorite summer pajamas!

So...these jammies...there is a bit of a story on them for me. 

Once upon a time I bought two pairs of pajamas from Sams Club on a whim. I loved them. I tried to buy more, they didn't have them anymore. They were twice as much at any other retail place, so I was like, well, I'll just wash them twice a week, and that will be fine. Until years and years later and they had holes in them. At this point I didn't care how much they cost, I wanted new ones. Except, the tag had worn down to almost nothing and I couldn't read the brand!!! I spent another YEAR trying to find them - ordering various ones, returning them, none of them were "right". 

Then one day recently my son mentioned that he bought bed sheets made from eucalyptus and loved them. Well, my brain has a glitch and always mixes up bamboo and eucalyptus, and I said, "oh yeah, I love bamboo anything, so soft!" He corrected me, but it got me thinking that oh! Those pajamas I like, they were bamboo too! So then I googled bamboo pajamas, and found them! I now have a purple pair, a dark grey pair, a teal pair, plus the old threadbare ones with holes. I will likely get another pair soon, and retire the threadbare ones to the garbage. I hate sleeping in anything else now, and can't believe it took me YEARS, my son buying his own sheets, and then my brain mixing up eucalyptus and bamboo to finally find them again!

• Like 3