Menu

Fraud PSA: Reoccurring Charge from Wal-Mart

Slache

I have a reoccurring charge from Wal-Mart.com that looks like a grocery pickup. The dates and amounts vary and it just looks like a regular purchase. The thing that sets it apart is that it says reoccurring, as if it were some kind of subscription. It did turn out to be fraud and it took my bank 4 days to clear it all up and issue a new card and refund.

“Constant vigilance!” -Alastor Moody

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have a reoccurring charge from Wal-Mart.com that looks like a grocery pickup. The dates and amounts vary and it just looks like a regular purchase. The thing that sets it apart is that it says reoccurring, as if it were some kind of subscription. It did turn out to be fraud and it took my bank 4 days to clear it all up and issue a new card and refund.

“Constant vigilance!” -Alastor Moody

We just had something similar on our college son's debit card. It was a "reoccuring" charge billed out to look like it came from the campus bookstore as a "membership". It took almost a week to straighten it out.

I am glad you got a refund.

• Like 2

Just yesterday I had fraud show up on my debit card. It was still pending so they said they couldnt' take it off yet. I already had a new card issued. I'll be calling back today as it is cleared. I'm very, very annoyed. This card is never, ever, ever used online yet they are online purchases. We use credit cards online b/c they have better protection. I'm not happy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1