Menu

I give up on trying not to get Covid. My husband and I are two different people when it comes to Covid.

Ting Tang

1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

If he has enough masks to rotate so that he only has to wear each mask once a week or so, that would probably be plenty of time to make sure they’re safe to re-use, without having to do any other sanitization.

Hey, you coming to Solomon? Need to get plannin'! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KrisTom said:

Based on what I have read, it appears that way (there were reported seizures from 10, 3 had seizure disorders), though I do think the problems caused by Covid are rare but still more than the vaccine. The trouble is some believe the adverse events are underreported from the vaccines, and there is where the skepticism from others comes, even if it is not true.  My oldest two have a history of lead poisoning.  The second oldest with lead also has an asymtomatic hole in his heart with slight arrhythmia. My third eligible for the vaccine has a very minor tear in her heart, expected to heal, that cause a hardly detectable arrhythmia.  Some say vaccinate with lead, some say do not.  We did for the other vaccines.  Both my older two do have issues from the lead, so when husband wonders about long term effects (even if there doesn't seem to be a reason for them to occur), it definitely affects my ability to make a clear decision.  I do think I would feel more at ease with a different type of vaccine, or at least knowing they had some protection from omicron.  Aside from dance for my daughter and the boys going nextdoor, my kids are basically hidden from the world.  But with omicron, there is still a good chance we will still end up with Covid.  Argh.  I am rambling.  My sensible self of course sees the reason and logic in vaccine over virus. 

With these circumstances wouldn’t you have a pediatric cardiologist to advise your decision?

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

He has ten, and the school is giving them each three. I need to figure out how many hours total they can be used before there is enough degradation that they have to be replaced.

I found this https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/disinfect-clean-n95-mask-virus-coronavirus/

OP, I would talk to the cardiologist, ours encouraged my DS13 at the time to get the vaccine based on his cardiac status.

Edited by melmichigan
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

With these circumstances wouldn’t you have a pediatric cardiologist to advise your decision?

They are monitored by their pediatrician because neither were deemed symptomatic or problematic. Unfortunately, their main pedi is gone for a few months. I did check in with theses and was told it wouldn’t “hurt.” But still, I worry. 

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Oy, just looked it up. Sigh. Very sigh. Le sigh, me yikes.

Now looking into what I can buy for him to use to disinfect those things.

So.damn.tired.

There has to be a remote island where I can spend six months on a beach not thinking about this effing virus!

If you find one, give me a call; I’m coming too! 

Yesterday I had to scramble for tests for my boss due to a confirmed exposure at court. (Negative)

Today my son had to use one of my precious rapids I’m squirreling because a friend he ate lunch with just pinged a positive. (Negative)

We still (still!) have not have our Christmas celebration with our big kids. It’s supposed to happen this weekend. 

What’s the term for that tiredness you feel from having to be alert to danger all the time? I’m feeling that.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Quill said:

If you find one, give me a call; I’m coming too! 

Yesterday I had to scramble for tests for my boss due to a confirmed exposure at court. (Negative)

Today my son had to use one of my precious rapids I’m squirreling because a friend he ate lunch with just pinged a positive. (Negative)

We still (still!) have not have our Christmas celebration with our big kids. It’s supposed to happen this weekend. 

What’s the term for that tiredness you feel from having to be alert to danger all the time? I’m feeling that.

Alert Fatigue. I looked it up. It is a thing. Sigh.

I found a place. The Solomon Islands. I am trying to convince Mark that he really does not need me foe the next six months. So far he has reminded me that our youngest is graduating college in April and will not be amused if I miss it. I told him he has to do better than mom guilt! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KrisTom said:

They are monitored by their pediatrician because neither were deemed symptomatic or problematic. Unfortunately, their main pedi is gone for a few months. I did check in with theses and was told it wouldn’t “hurt.” But still, I worry. 

My ds has heart weakness from advanced Duchenne's muscular dystrophy.  His regular cardiology team is at John's Hopkins.  They overwhelmingly advised he get boosted and vaxxed.  Covid would be much more dangerous for him than the average kid his age.  So, even with compromised cardiac function his odds of getting through this are so so much better fully vaccinated.  We are jumping through hoops to keep this one out of the hospital.  We just moved an MRI scheduled for next week up a month to avoid the current Omicron outbreak in our area.  It's no joke out there and Covid is still to risky to give up on avoiding it.

When I run across family members that watch too much of a certain news station, I try to redirect them to the John's Hopkins website for current Covid articles.  It can feel less adversarial than accepting news from journalists on The Other Side or D.C. Insiders.   https://publichealth.jhu.edu/

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

My ds has heart weakness from advanced Duchenne's muscular dystrophy.  His regular cardiology team is at John's Hopkins.  They overwhelmingly advised he get boosted and vaxxed.  Covid would be much more dangerous for him than the average kid his age.  So, even with compromised cardiac function his odds of getting through this are so so much better fully vaccinated.  We are jumping through hoops to keep this one out of the hospital.  We just moved an MRI scheduled for next week up a month to avoid the current Omicron outbreak in our area.  It's no joke out there and Covid is still to risky to give up on avoiding it.

When I run across family members that watch too much of a certain news station, I try to redirect them to the John's Hopkins website for current Covid articles.  It can feel less adversarial than accepting news from journalists on The Other Side or D.C. Insiders.   https://publichealth.jhu.edu/

Thank you so much for sharing.  And I can only imagine what you are going through now with Covid and the Duchenne's journey.  I have donated in the past to that cause and know it is very rare.  ❤️  Hoping there are some miracles on the horizon.  I'm worried my husband is just going to be less careful because he reads how mild Omicron is.  😞  I just read about how poorly the vaxxed/boosted Governor Jim Justice is feeling.  😞  I will certainly take a look at the JH website!  

6 minutes ago, KrisTom said:

Thank you so much for sharing.  And I can only imagine what you are going through now with Covid and the Duchenne's journey.  I have donated in the past to that cause and know it is very rare.  ❤️  Hoping there are some miracles on the horizon.  I'm worried my husband is just going to be less careful because he reads how mild Omicron is.  😞  I just read about how poorly the vaxxed/boosted Governor Jim Justice is feeling.  😞  I will certainly take a look at the JH website!  

It might also help to look at the breakdown of the hospitalization numbers and see how many vaxxed vs non-vaxxed people are being admitted in your area for Covid.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I watch that news station, probably but turn it off if anyone is dissing vaccines.  The stuff I watch doesn't have anyone doing that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KrisTom said:

And he, like my R Governor, are both very strong advocates of vaccines.  I really hope my governor wins re-election.  I know at least one of the candidates running against her is a complete anti-vacc nut and totally stupid too- from a prior statement the man made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

And he, like my R Governor, are both very strong advocates of vaccines.  I really hope my governor wins re-election.  I know at least one of the candidates running against her is a complete anti-vacc nut and totally stupid too- from a prior statement the man made.

I read that. I wish more took that approach. I really hope he gets better.