Menu

To those who combine R&S with IEW

SkiMom

Hmm, not sure, we are a tad behind in Grammar and will write our first report I think in the next few weeks. It might, but I have found that in education there are so many different ways to learn things in many subjects and have tried to show that to dd. Sometimes coming to a subject from a different perspective helps one to understand the subject matter better. KWIM?

We're currently doing R&S E.6 and IEW Ancient History Based Writing Lessons. We do most of the composition lessons in R&S because dc need how to do a traditional outline vs. a key word outline, and the R&S tests will have questions on the composition part. R&S/IEW re-inforce one another. We may not do all writing assignment in R&S but we always read the comp. lessons and do some of the class practice for the lesson. Dc didn't do the written exercises in R&S E.6 lesson 41 because it would take too long, but he did do lesson 37 outline on the computer. I think there is great value in learning writing with both R&S and IEW.

There are 2 types of outlining in R&S, topical & sentence. IEW key word outlines are like topical outlines.

HTH!