Menu

How to give colleges 1st semester grades

fourisenough

I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but I’m not finding it at a quick glance. I need to provide an update for DD’s fall senior year grades to both common app schools and one non-common app school (Georgetown). Can anyone advise how to do it?

My transcript only lists final year grades. Do I update the transcript and note in comments that grades are in process and only reflect first semester?  Or do I just creat another document like a report card showing fall semester grades only?

Any BTDT from Georgetown? They’re obviously not on Common App, so how/where do I send updated grades? I can email the admissions department next week, but I suspect they’re out-of-office this week for the holiday and I’m getting antsy! 

2 hours ago, fourisenough said:

Any BTDT from Georgetown? They’re obviously not on Common App, so how/where do I send updated grades? I can email the admissions department next week, but I suspect they’re out-of-office this week for the holiday and I’m getting antsy! 

Assuming this is the Georgetown you are referring to, they have a mid year school report section in their application portal

https://uadmissions.georgetown.edu/applying/first-year-application/#_ga=2.18404857.1115535845.1640891262-1526664906.1640891262

”Application Forms:

We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application. Reference copies are available in PDF format below: 

Georgetown Application 
Application Supplement 
Secondary School Report
Teacher’s Report
Midyear School Report “

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:26 AM, fourisenough said:

I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but I’m not finding it at a quick glance. I need to provide an update for DD’s fall senior year grades to both common app schools and one non-common app school (Georgetown). Can anyone advise how to do it?

My transcript only lists final year grades. Do I update the transcript and note in comments that grades are in process and only reflect first semester?  Or do I just creat another document like a report card showing fall semester grades only?

I inserted a footer in the transcript that says, “Midyear grade report” for this one, and I updated the date prepared/date signed fields. It seems to have been accepted everywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NittanyJen said:

I inserted a footer in the transcript that says, “Midyear grade report” for this one, and I updated the date prepared/date signed fields. It seems to have been accepted everywhere.

Thank you. That is essentially what I did. I uploaded it to Common App, so all the CA schools have now received it. Our one non-CA school replied to our email with a fully non-sensical explanation of where/how to upload it (I’m assuming it was a student…who just didn’t read what they had written for clarity). Since the form we were supposed to submit had a snail mail address on it, I printed and mailed both the form and my mid-year transcript. They say they prefer electronic submission, but we couldn’t make it work. Oh well, it’s likely not going to be a do-able school for DD anyway, so we were just ready to complete it and be finished!

• Like 2