Menu

Ghislaine Maxwell GUILTY

Catwoman

1 minute ago, Fritz said:

And now she needs to spill the beans on everyone else involved!

I don't think she will. She is probably afraid to name names, and if she was going to do it, she probably would have done it as part of a plea bargain. There doesn't seem to be much benefit for her if she does it now.

But I would like to know the details!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I don't think she will. She is probably afraid to name names, and if she was going to do it, she probably would have done it as part of a plea bargain. There doesn't seem to be much benefit for her if she does it now.

But I would like to know the details!!!

She’s been found guilty. Have her lawyers said they’ll appeal? Are there grounds for that? Any idea when she’s up for parole?

Because in my imagination, she’s just days away from inking a tell-all book or interview. Prisoners can do that, I think, even if they cannot directly benefit from the proceeds. 

• Like 1

In a different, civil lawsuit, a different federal judge ruled that the federal (not Florida) records against Epstein that then-federal prosecutor Alex Acosta had sealed as part of an (unusual) agreement that federal authorities would not prosecute him if he pled to a lower charge with state authorities, could now be opened.

Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz were vigorously demanding the records remain sealed (and Dersh was animatedly, if incoherently, expounding on BBC last night), so the presumption is that both of their names appear in the records.  We'll soon see what other names there may be.

(the article was written an hour or so before the Maxwell verdict came out, so the first para reads a little confusingly.)

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/federal-judges-order-release-of-jeffrey-epstein-civil-settlement-at-issue-in-lawsuit-against-prince-andrew/

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, shawthorne44 said:

Alan Dershowitz is the only person that visited the island that I was shocked about.     I guess because I've always admired him.  If he said he'd had dinner with the group and then went to sleep early, I'd have believed him.   But if he doesn't want the documents released that is disheartening.   

He was one if Epstein's lawyers.

And that he doesn't want docs released implies more.

Could be bad for Bill Gates too.  After meeting him once,  Melinda Gates told Bill to have nothing to do with him.   The timing of their divorce would indicate it played a part.  Bill kept contact.

Edited by gardenmom5