Menu

Son's girlfriend and three roommates . . .

Jenny in Florida

1 hour ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Yep. They were here Christmas evening. 

We'll be testing this evening.

A Rapid Antigen test would be better than nothing, but if possible, get a PCR exam.  In this web page on the UNC web site, when I read that they are requiring a PCR exam for returning students, before they can move into their dorms, I changed my suggestion to DD. My original suggestion to her was that she get a Rapid Antigen exam before her flight to the USA. But then I read that UNC is requiring a PCR, so I changed my suggestion. Better for her to get a PCR before her flight to the USA and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Here's the URL:

https://www.unc.edu/posts/2021/12/22/covid-19-updates-omicron-variant-and-new-spring-testing-requirements/

ETA:  She is returning to UNC after her "Semester Abroad" program in Berlin, Germany. and then  coming home to Colombia for several weeks, because the EU was shutdown because of COVID-19.

Edited by Lanny
Add ETA

43 minutes ago, Lanny said:

A Rapid Antigen test would be better than nothing, but if possible, get a PCR exam.  In this web page on the UNC web site, when I read that they are requiring a PCR exam for returning students, before they can move into their dorms, I changed my suggestion to DD. My original suggestion to her was that she get a Rapid Antigen exam before her flight to the USA. But then I read that UNC is requiring a PCR, so I changed my suggestion. Better for her to get a PCR before her flight to the USA and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Here's the URL:

https://www.unc.edu/posts/2021/12/22/covid-19-updates-omicron-variant-and-new-spring-testing-requirements/

ETA:  She is returning to UNC after her "Semester Abroad" program in Berlin, Germany. and then  coming home to Colombia for several weeks, because the EU was shutdown because of COVID-19.

Some test sites will do both, which I like. For instance, our Med Express will do both, but they only send the PCR sample off to be tested if the rapid(antigen) sample is negative. 

ETA: Jenny, I’m sorry to hear about your son and his friends. Hoping no one else gets sick (you!!) and that everyone’s illness is mild. 

Edited by Just Kate
  • Like 2