Menu

Merry Christmas from Alabama!

Faith-manor

Smorgasbord was a big success last night. Peter, who speaks Danish very weel, translated an ancient Norse table blessing into modern Danish and English, and blessed the fare.

We did have one bigger downer. Robin was frantically finishing a quilt she was making for a Christmas present, and our almost two.year old grandson, C, ran past her falling into her arm, and she sewed the index finger of her left hand. The needle.went all the way through the bone and finger, out the other side. Mark was able to free her from the machine, presser foot still attached, and Matt took her to the hospital. She had to wait about an hour for x rays, and then after 2 hours waiting on the ortho doc or trauma doc to come remove it, the nurse practitioner gave her a nerve block, and the radiologist had a really good.plan for removing it, and did it very easily! Robin is a former paramedic so she was apparently in her element going over the x rays with the staff who all came to look at it, and there was some festive jollyness! 😯 I am the anti-thesis of "medical person" so I would not have handled that well! She got a big shot of antibiotics, and antibiotics to take home. Apart from an occasional Advil, she is doing well.

Today we have been eating fresh made bagels and leftovers. Tonight Mark will make more Aebleskivver. N got.a bird feeder and binoculars plus O scale model train items, C got.battery operated Lionel Railway Adventures (most of it was his bachelor uncles collection from way back in their misty childhoods and they gave it to him), plus some new books and space themed toys. The two of them are happily playing while we graze and visit. Baileys Irish cream coffee is rounding out the day.

I am so grateful for my husband and kids, my sin in law and grands. We are having a marvelous time together, and this would wonderful house with two wings, a bachelor pad, and so we can get away from each other whenever we need down time, and the bachelors have disappeared downstairs to watch their favorite Christmas movie "Die Hard 1". 😂

My best moment was when Peter said, " The best thing of all is we are together enjoying each other and having fun!" Ya, teary mom moment right there. He was also in high spirits because the last semester of college was absolutely HAIRY and some of his professors were awful, people who have been fired for incompetence at other colleges and picked up by his because they "come cheap". 😡 He was really afraid all of his grades would be low C's and tank his GPA. But he had three A- (AB) grades and two B's. He was wildly pleased, and we were relieved and happy for him.

We only did a fun t shirt under the tree for each of the boys, and one simple gift for daughter and son in law. The house was kind of our big, family-wide gift this year. But we were generous with the little ones, and it was nice to just sit and watch them open and play with their gifts.

I hope everyone here is having a lovely, relaxing, wonderful day! Gød Yul!

Happy Holidays!

269918846_1817726415089396_2219044829128703607_n.jpg

270014328_1817726495089388_7506796569317323314_n.jpg

269914242_1817726351756069_4773553070443090524_n.jpg

269796985_1814763265385711_518804193193200313_n.jpg

• Like 11