Menu

One less thing to worry about (Omicron related)

Ginevra

So, I mentioned in the “changing plans” thread that I was in a quandary due to an invitation to a Christmas Eve party that I was very reluctant to attend, but didn’t want to have the argument with dh about not going. Well, fortunately, the hosts are not idiots and they have called people and revised it; they are having family only. They may do a bonfire in January to make up for the postponed party. 

It’s a huge relief. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Quill said:

So, I mentioned in the “changing plans” thread that I was in a quandary due to an invitation to a Christmas Eve party that I was very reluctant to attend, but didn’t want to have the argument with dh about not going. Well, fortunately, the hosts are not idiots and they have called people and revised it; they are having family only. They may do a bonfire in January to make up for the postponed party. 

It’s a huge relief. 

Yay!  So happy you have one less thing to worry about.  I'm hoping for the same decision in a similar situation.  It's causing me enormous amounts of stress.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Quill said:

It’s a huge relief. 

That is a wonderful resolution. And a bonfire is always a fun, happy thing. Celebrate the great outdoors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s a relief! 

Our main gathering is canceled, due to illness, so the stress of gathering is gone but I am worried about sick adult kids. They seem mildly sick but ok for now, so I’m trying to enjoy the relief part.

The rest of our potential gatherings have been shifted outdoors (we gave in and bought a heater) or postponed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3