Menu

Kn95s again ?

Hilltopmom

Help me find adult N95s that are well made (straps don’t fall off easily) and got a larger head. The ones we’ve tried from the hardware  store were too tight and gave headaches for all day use at school. 
Anaxon has a ton but no idea which to try.

Dd would prefer the kind that look like these from Amazon both open to others.

AKGK KN95 Face Mask 50 PCS, Breathable Protection Masks, 5-Ply KN95 Black Masks, Cup Dust Safety Masks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BZF2X29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_A55Y6B0APRHVSBYDHZ9P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

thanks so much! She’s going to hopefully be going back to work with kids in January and needs to not only avoid Covid, but al the other things that get passed around (she left her last job due to being sick all the time- RSV, colds, hand foot mouth… she caught everything there). 

If you can, I would avoid buying them from Amazon. They have had a big problem with counterfeits, particularly with KN95s, and even with some of their N95s, and many of those when tested have been far below the required filtration standard. I know that sucks, because Amazon is the easiest place to get them. I’ve gotten some from office supply stores, but I mostly order from kollecteusa.com Or BeHealthyUSA.net. Both are legit and ship pretty fast. You can also try ProjectN95.com. I do notice that stock has decreased a good deal over the past week, so they may be a little hit or mess right now.

Edited by KSera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just ordered several batches from https://www.shopmaskc.com/collections/masks

I also ordered several different types from Amazon, even though I know there are fakes. I just don't know what constitutes a fake mask, lol. They seem pretty basic to me. But the ones from maskc have really solid reviews, so I feel good about those.

I JUST tossed ALL of our fabric masks because I was sure we were "done with all that." Ugh. We've just been using disposable medical masks when we felt we needed them.

*sigh*

41 minutes ago, easypeasy said:

I just don't know what constitutes a fake mask, lol.

Many (most?) of the fake ones don’t meet the filtration standard they are claiming. So, someone buys a mask thinking they are getting N95 level protection and it actually only filters 60% of particles of the target side, even if they have an excellent fit. KF94s haven’t had the same issue with counterfeits, so far. 
Counterfeit Covid Masks Are Still Sold Everywhere, Despite Misleading Claims

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KSera said:

Many (most?) of the fake ones don’t meet the filtration standard they are claiming. So, someone buys a mask thinking they are getting N95 level protection and it actually only filters 60% of particles of the target side, even if they have an excellent fit. KF94s haven’t had the same issue with counterfeits, so far. 
Counterfeit Covid Masks Are Still Sold Everywhere, Despite Misleading Claims

bah. That's downright criminal! *sigh* I guess I'll keep the amazon ones for when we probably don't "really need" KN95s and will use the other ones in closer situations.

And - I just ordered some KF94s from Amazon. 🙂

Edited by easypeasy

3 hours ago, easypeasy said:

bah. That's downright criminal! *sigh* I guess I'll keep the amazon ones for when we probably don't "really need" KN95s and will use the other ones in closer situations.

And - I just ordered some KF94s from Amazon. 🙂

Do you have a link for the KF94s you ordered?