Menu

I need a last minute gift idea for a couple with multiple young kids

Drama Llama

When I first read the title, I caught gift, idea, young, kids. Didn't grab the "couple" part so I thought "Silly string". But that won't help you unless they are like my daughter and son in law who would absolutely have a silly string battle with each other.

I will try to give this some legitimate thought now!

Your suggestions are all exactly what I would love! 

I need something really nice.  This is one of DH’s siblings.  I had planned something really that I no longer think is safe due to Omicron.  So I am rethinking.  

Part of the problem is that we got both of his other siblings really nice gifts this year, and I can’t do 2/3.  I should probably spend $200? 

And also, I have to say that given our stressed relationship the DIY Therapy game above made me laugh my head off so thank you @fairfarmhand for brightening my day.  I think that looks like a lot of fun but it will not defuse this situation.

• Like 1

A lot of our friends have started giving us streaming service packages as couple gifts.  We used to give each other experience gifts mostly movie theater , restaurant, sporting events, concerts, theme parks. Now that the world is shut down and everyone and their neighbor has a streaming platform...

First, Disney Plus. You are giving them the gift of time and sanity as they can park the kiddos in front of the TV while they have breathing time and God knows we all need that !

For your amount I would say Disney Plus and Apple TV and still be cheaper than $200 if I am right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamerGirl said:

A lot of our friends have started giving us streaming service packages as couple gifts.  We used to give each other experience gifts mostly movie theater , restaurant, sporting events, concerts, theme parks. Now that the world is shut down and everyone and their neighbor has a streaming platform...

First, Disney Plus. You are giving them the gift of time and sanity as they can park the kiddos in front of the TV while they have breathing time and God knows we all need that !

For your amount I would say Disney Plus and Apple TV and still be cheaper than $200 if I am right.

This is a great idea, but I'm sure they already have it.  

My other SIL suggested I give her a massage, which is a great idea.  But then I need a gift for him.  There's no need for it to be a couples gift, I can give them separate gifts.

Any suggestions?  Besides me and one of his kids, he's the only non-sports lover in our family, so not a sports thing.  

42 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

This is a great idea, but I'm sure they already have it.  

My other SIL suggested I give her a massage, which is a great idea.  But then I need a gift for him.  There's no need for it to be a couples gift, I can give them separate gifts.

Any suggestions?  Besides me and one of his kids, he's the only non-sports lover in our family, so not a sports thing.  

Is he a reader ? I give Kindles as gifts to all in my family and friends circle because it makes future gift giving easy. I could just drop an amazon gift card so they can choose their own books ! Rarely has it been not appreciated and actually turned people to read more like inlaws and parents.

We have friends who are not paranoid about privacy like us give smart devices to each other. Google Home seems to be more popular than Alexa.

Parents and inlaws got digital photo frames. Surprisingly quite popular. 

Do they have a Roomba ? Or any little robot vacuum ? That is one of my go to gifts too as a couple/family gift.

Maid service ? My friends and I give this to each other all the time. I would choose maid service over a spa any day. I think those are valid for a year but I would not know as I use them at once. 😊

• Like 1