Menu

Quickest and easiest holiday cookies

KungFuPanda

Thanks to this thread, I made my first ever cake mix cookies today. So easy!

I used GF Namaste cake mix, made some changes because it’s a large box, and made four types. The chocolate crinkles turned out best. 

They are all hidden in the freezer to save for Christmas Eve.

Going to try buckeye bars tomorrow. We use sunbutter, but it should work.

Thanks for the shortcuts!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, mlktwins said:

Where do I find the recipes for these?

It's just any cake box flavor made like this.

• Mix
  • 1 (18.25 – ounce) box cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup add-ins like chocolate chips or M&M’s (if adding in sprinkles use 1/2 cup
  • Bake @350 for about 10 minutes
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DawnM said:

Oh good grief.  I have all of these ingredients.  Enabler!

I already made the 3 ingredient fudge today and sprinkled it with those colorful round sprinkles to make it festive.  (Are the round ones still sprinkles?) I did the palmiers too.  My family has no idea how easy they are and dh is really impressed with my pastry skills.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

This is why god invented Pillsbury so you can buy tubes of something and put it on a cookie sheet.

It is okay NOT to bake. It really is.

I would totally be doing those if we could find a tube of allergy friendly dough. So easy.

DD here is insistent that Santa only likes sugar cookies, so my annual hunt for a recipe that is gluten, nut, and dairy free begins anew today. This is the bane of my holidays, I totally wish I could pass it off to someone else! It’s fun, but so hard to roll these types of cookies out. Anyone, by some bizarre chance, have a recipe?

I am not an allergy expert but would the brand Sweet Loren’s work? My local stores carry it, but you can also order online. We don’t have those types of food allergies, so I can’t comment on the taste. I hope you find something that works. 

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, QumaCote said:

I am not an allergy expert but would the brand Sweet Loren’s work? My local stores carry it, but you can also order online. We don’t have those types of food allergies, so I can’t comment on the taste. I hope you find something that works. 

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Nice idea! We do use Sweet Loren’s sometimes — I might try to use those! Score!

I’m picking up rolls and desserts from the local allergy free bakery tomorrow and hoping they might have some ready to decorate cookies left. A girl can dream!

Not a cookie but wildly popular and super simple - nut clusters take one bag of chocolate chips and one bag of butterscotch chips - melt in a double boiler. Add nuts of choice (I usually just do peanuts) until it's quite think with nuts. Spoon onto parchment and let set up. Everyone loves these. 

I also have a super lazy fudge recipe and a big hit at my house is pretzels drizzled with melted white chocolate. 

9 hours ago, Spryte said:

I would totally be doing those if we could find a tube of allergy friendly dough. So easy.

DD here is insistent that Santa only likes sugar cookies, so my annual hunt for a recipe that is gluten, nut, and dairy free begins anew today. This is the bane of my holidays, I totally wish I could pass it off to someone else! It’s fun, but so hard to roll these types of cookies out. Anyone, by some bizarre chance, have a recipe?

I LOVE these - they are SO easy to work with, and if you sub out the butter for a non dairy option you'd be set!!! I use King Arthur Measure 4 Measure Flour when I make them. 

This recipe was sent from the AnyList app. Already use AnyList? Follow these steps to open the attached file and import this recipe directly into the app.

gluten free cut out sugar cookies - no chill

Ingredients

2 cups (280 g) all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Better Batter), plus more for sprinkling

1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar

3 tablespoons (22 g) confectioners’ sugar

8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 (50 g, weighed out of shell) egg at room temperature, beaten

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preparation Steps

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.

2. In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar and whisk to combine well. Add the butter, and mix to moisten the dry ingredients with the butter, until the mixture looks sandy, pressing down on the butter with the back of the mixing spoon. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix to combine, until the dry ingredients are all moistened with the wet. With clean, dry hands, knead the mixture together to form a cohesive dough. It will be thick and relatively stiff.

3. Place the dough on a clean, flat surface, and roll it into a round a bit less than 1/3-inch thick, sprinkling very lightly with flour to prevent the rolling pin from sticking. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter (or whatever shape you like), cut out shapes from the dough and place them about 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. It can be helpful to remove the surrounding dough from the cutouts, and then peel the shapes off. Gather and reroll the scraps and repeat the process until you’ve used all of the dough.

4. Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and bake until the cookies are just set on top, 6 to 8 minutes, depending upon size and shape. The edges of some of the cookies may brown slightly. Remove them from the oven before there is any significant browning, and allow them to cool on the baking sheet until set before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

• Thanks 1