Menu

Tackling Thursday Together

mom31257

Good morning! 

It's crunch time! My younger sister arrives late morning tomorrow, so I need to finish everything today. 

• dh is off to work with his food 
  • medicine
  • devotion and write scripture
  • meals
  • laundry  
  • clean bathrooms
  • dust each room
  • floors
  • tidy all areas  much of this is done
  • reorganize the pantry (it's getting a bit disorderly)
  • take some things out to store in the garage
  • wrap the family gift exchange gifts
  • shower and get dressed
  • grocery list and shopping
  • Walgreens (pick up photos; in the move I found some old film cartridges.)
  • shopping for more items to put in basketball teams gift bags
  • put gift bags together and take to school before afternoon practice
  • look for a table cloth
  • go see the new Spiderman movie with the boys 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning! Gray and dreary here.

Ds to school. ✔️ 

Bake pumpkin bread! ✔️ 

Tutor two students and log sessions. Last ones before break! 

Figure out dinner and make it early. 

Call my mom ✔️ 

Pick up Ds

Piano recital tonight.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Busy day here too!  I'm told the maids are coming later.  Actual time not given, of course.  Lots of client work needs to go out, and I agreed to give a kid a ride in the middle of an online training, so that should be interesting.

Done:

• Slept like normal people, mostly.
  • Woke up late, but the kids got to school early, so yay!
  • Got set up and ready for work.
  • Transferred cash incentive to kids for being 10 minutes early to school.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Pup duty.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • 2-hour online training - hopefully the last one for 2021!
  • Catch up the laundry.
  • Clean for the maids.
  • Mom's taxi service.
  • Deal with the pup x the maids.
  • 1st Covid tests for trip.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Good morning! 

Amy, enjoy Spiderman tonight! 

Today I have mostly just one thing -- finish Grandma's quilt. I'm giving myself until 9:30 on the computer goofing off, and then it's quilt, quilt, quilt. I go visit her tomorrow and really want to be able to take it with me when I go.  bonus points if I finish early enough to swing by the quilt shop today and show it off before I deliver it. 

Other than that:
....FOLD the laundry
....get DH to carry the next load up so I can start on it
....package up the fun drinks we picked up for a friend at fencing who doesn't drink alcohol (but everyone brings fun beers and things, and she just drinks water -- we got her some fun ginger beer, root beer, etc.)
....go to fencing tonight, probably stay out too late b/c it's the Christmas party

Happy Thursday!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Coffee and devotion/scripture is done; ate half a banana and some nuts for a quick breakfast

laundry is in the dryer and almost done

took several boxes and storage containers out to the garage  (mostly emptied last night and from decorating)

tidied the living/dining area, kitchen, guest room

After the laundry is done, I'll make the guest bed. Then I'll get my shower to go run some errands. 

• Like 6

Good morning! I am trying to walk much less than I  normally do because my OT told me that what I have is foot  drop in my right foot and it may well ve from inflammation in my spine.  He was calling my primary and my surgeon to inform them about this. I never heard from my PA yesterday.  But I do have an appointment w my primary this afternoon and a televisit w my neurologist tomorrow.

Call Alabama Public television snd gove donation (failed online)

Call my newspaper re charges and also why I can't get online  access.

Call AAA and get cards renewed and the two new spouses covered.

Call Botanical Garden and get memberships sorted out

Do more charity donations

Work on medical cost excel sheet

More laundry

Go to doctor

Wrap dh's presents that I have.

Make part of dinner

Help dh decorate

• Like 7

Good morning, all!  Today is the last day of finals, so I'm looking forward to focusing my energy to family care over the next week. My mom is still hospitalized, goes in for surgery today.  Our weather is still cooler than normal, actually feels like winter for a change.  

To do:

• school, finals, straighten classroom
  • hospital to be with my mom
  • pick up dinner on the way home
  • try to sleep

Have a great day!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

SO much to do and next week is busy. Not at all restful. I think I am going to be exhausted when Jan 4 rolls around and work/school routines are back in place.

My kids have a lot planned and omicron is here…

Hugs & prayers! 

I did read this morning that the booster (at least for Moderna, and they say for Pfizer too) is effective at increasing antibodies/protecting against Omicron, where the original 2 doses aren't. In case that's a consideration for you. 

• Like 5

Checking in before my nap -- 

--coffee, check
--4th of the 1st 4 sections of quilting done, check
--3 of the next 4 sections of quilting done, check
--lunch eaten, check
--out of bobbin thread (not out, just need to refill the bobbin), CD I was listening to is finished, water cup is empty = time for a nap

I have about one more CD's worth of quilting to go, then roughly one CD to make/put the binding on; depending on what time I get up from nap, finish the first CD/quilting, I will either pause and go show it off at the quilt shop, or do the binding then go, but I'm in good shape to finish. 

Will make DH take the laundry upstairs after nap time. 

• Like 5

Cleaning is mostly done (in areas where the maids will clean).  Not even going to try my bedroom or the kids'.  It's just not the priority right now.  As for laundry, I haven't done any because I don't want to disturb the pup, who is lying quietly for now.  I guess I'll get to it when I get to it.

Sent out some client work and did some filing.  I have a number of things in limbo because I'm waiting on other people.  And other things not moving because I feel too distracted when I'm in the middle of the house.  I'll start something and have my concentration busted up and make no progress.  I need to break some big projects down to address this issue!

Just found out I'm being asked to do a big document review during my flight (if we ever fly out).  Sigh!  The thought of doing nothing was so nice.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Hugs & prayers! 

I did read this morning that the booster (at least for Moderna, and they say for Pfizer too) is effective at increasing antibodies/protecting against Omicron, where the original 2 doses aren't. In case that's a consideration for you. 

I had my second Moderna on Sept. 12th. How soon are they allowing people to get a booster? 

• Like 4

@readinmom, praying for your mom. 

@ScoutTN, I'm sorry. Hoping you can find some way to get some rest and relaxation before then. 

Back from getting the gift supplies.

I put together the gift bags and texted dh to let me know when to bring them to school. 

Walgreens didn't have my photos back yet. I'm a little concerned because they are supposed to log them in a book when they went out, and they didn't. I'm hoping they aren't lost. I don't even know what's on them, but I was eager to find out. I'm not sure if one will develop or not because it was really old. I found it at my grandmother's house when we cleaned it out to sell. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

Hugs & prayers! 

Tomorrow morning!

Dh has had the booster.
Dd won’t be eligible until late January.

We are hoping the booster for 12-15 yo is available soon. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

6 months

Thanks, so 3 months to avoid Omicron. I guess it is good I work from home. Dh got his booster just a couple weeks ago, so at least he's good since he is in school.   I managed to avoid Covid for a long time without a vaccine, so maybe I can continue. 

• Like 4

I started another load of laundry. 

I did some cleaning out in our bedroom. We've allowed it to become the catch all place for things we weren't sure what we're doing with. I moved some stuff to the garage and threw a bit away. We haven't really decorated that room yet, but I'd like to after the New Year. We're still contemplating a new mattress and an adjustable bed base. 

I will leave soon to take the gift bags to dh at practice. Then I need to go get one more $50 gift for our gift exchange game. 

• Like 4

Happy to say that the maids have cancelled on us.  One less thing to worry about tonight!  They gave us 1 hour notice, which is better than the last couple times.

I was trying to do a relatively routine client project, but discovered an issue from last year.  It was a small issue, under a dollar, but I still had to figure it out and fix it, which took a lot of time and might cost me some goodwill.  Oh well.  Because it took so long, I am not where I expected to be on my other client work.

Drove the kids' friend home & my kids are on pup duty downstairs.

I got a gazillion messages about tonight's PCR tests at urgent care.  It seems they didn't properly register that I rescheduled to later than my original time.  I guess I will need to call them to make sure our appointments don't get canceled.  Ugh!

As for my 2-hour training, I had various technical difficulties and until this moment, I was not sure whether I was going to get credit or not.  BUT I did!  Yay, I am now done with CPE for 2019-2021.  I just need to log it and update my registration status.

• Like 5

I'm late posting today, but I just got home from school. Kids left at noon, teachers left at 2. I had some errands to run and came home. My plans for the rest of the day:

Laundry-got a good start

Floors

Bathrooms

Clear away the pile of stuff that has accumulated on the couch.-done

Cook dinner-done

Try to start wrapping my head around Christmas plans

Mail/Shred=done

Edited by math teacher
  • Like 5

Went out again to drop off the team's goody bags. 

Got the last $50 gift for the exchange. I will know 3 of the gifts and probably a 4th, but at least we're doing a game where you have no idea what you will end up with in the end. 

Went by the grocery store and didn't have my list with me. I got some of it but not all.

Just did a deep clean on our shower. I wasn't sure if I would like tile and a clear glass door, but my Melaleuca Tub and Tile cleaner does wonders on it. It can make the door completely clear with ease. 

I think I'm going to leave the floors until tomorrow morning. That way they'll be fresh when little sis gets here. 

• Like 5

My last few posts have been late in the day. I need to learn to take more time for myself in the morning, relax with my tea.

We had high winds last night- so had to re-position the outside ornaments and the bird feeders. Yesterday it got to 50 degrees with rain and wind and now its only 14 with a  few inches of new snow.

plugged the Christmas tree in with new smart plugs so now I can ask Alexa to turn my tree on and off. 

Order prints to put in the ornaments for 2021

Picked up groceries and put them away

Finished meeting on phone

Need to find and order new kitchen sink mats and dish rack, dh broke his can opener I need to order him a  new one. He likes the old fashioned silver can opener and I prefer the one that open from the side.

dh new cell phone was delivered so I think I am done with gift shopping-except maybe a few things for myself 🙂 

• Like 5

I finished the quilt except for the binding. Then I thought I was going to take some cookie cutters to a friend, and she texted/called right as I was about to leave that she did in fact find hers, so no need after all. The guys were *just* sitting down to watch the 3rd Spiderman movie, so I decided to sit and watch with them rather than finish the binding on the quilt. 

Got zero laundry folded, but one extra load washed/dried, so.....good enough. 

DH is cooking a hodge-podge dinner, and then we go to fencing. I'll do the binding on the quilt in the morning before I go. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for the well wishes/prayers.   The surgical team called, cancelled her surgery.  She has some issues going on, and they need to treat an infection before they can operate.  They think Sunday, Monday at the soonest.  She is very tired, on heavy pain meds.  I just don't know what to think right now.  

Finals are over, still need to grade, making it my top priority for the next two days.  I think dh will go pick up something for dinner.  

• Sad 3

Got the first PCR tests done.  They say 2-3 days for results.  So stressful.  And the tests were not pleasant.  They were administered by two techs who were obviously in a hurry to get us out of there.  I'm glad the other ones we scheduled are drive-through / self-administered!

Also, these tests are not covered by insurance because they are for travel, not health.  $200 per test.

They have another kind of test that is rapid PCR ... not sure if our destination country will accept them, but if so, we might try to do them tomorrow.  Just want to make sure that we somehow have results prior to our flight.  This is crazy!

• Like 2

@readinmom I'm sorry 😔 keeping up the prayers 

Took youngest out in the yucky weather and he got his haircut. 

We came home, I showed and washed my hair. 

I'm making two gift bags, one for my best friend's mom so she'll stop taking best friend stuff that I give her, 🙄 and one for our family hairdresser. I get my hair done tomorrow and then DD gets her hair done Saturday. 

I put away a few dishes did a load of laundry it's in the dryer now. 

My main thing is I cannot find the the boxes with all of the Christmas wrapping stuff in it LOL. I have no idea where I put it! 

• Like 2