Menu

Anyone else going on 2 years with no colds at all?

Not_a_Number

14 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Not a cold in a year but that nasty stomach virus this year is horrible.  6-12 hours of pure misery.  We all just got over it last week.  We never got more than a cold or two a year so I can’t complain. 

We had a nasty stomach bug last week, too. It was bad. Two out of four in our family had projectile vomiting. I did more laundry last week than in…ever. 

ETA: whatever this bug is, it’s potent. It is the first that our whole family has ever succumbed to. 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, LauraClark said:

and the world's worst cold (all kids got mild pink eye, I got an ear infection, and the coughing will. Not. Stop.) In good news: we haven't gotten covid as far as I know.

Did you test for Covid? The pink eye and coughing that won’t stop would have made me really suspicious. 

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

We had a nasty stomach bug last week, too. It was bad. Two out of four in our family had projectile vomiting. I did more laundry last week than in…ever. 

ETA: whatever this bug is, it’s potent. It is the first that our whole family has ever succumbed to. 

Exactly. It took out everyone.  No one was immune.  

• Like 1

We all usually get a mild cold in the spring and fall and we still had those during Covid. Nothing big though. For some reason, we’ve never been a family that gets stomach bugs. Like two or three times when the kids were little but none in at least 15 years.  

My kids had two colds this fall. Both started with DD18 months, who was born in May 2020 and probably doesn't have much of an immune system. She still nurses. Trying to keep that going for a few more months at least. She spread the colds to her brothers. We tested all of them for covid with both colds. Everybody was negative, so we think they really were just colds.