Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together

mom31257

Good morning! 

I stayed up late watching stuff because I just wasn't very sleepy. Now I probably will be today. LOL!

• dh's breakfast and lunch packed
  • devotion and write scripture
  • meals 
  • 2 Zoom sessions 
  • grocery store
  • post office
  • tidy house
  • work more on get ready for Christmas list

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Took my final and made an 84.  I hate departmental exams. You are guessing at the minutia they are going to ask. This test, I knew a lot about stuff they didn't ask about.  Sigh. May drop my 96 average to a 95...from an A to an A minus with only 3.7 points... I know it is really silly, but I am .002 from graduating with high honors with a 3.8.  So close, but I mean, who will really care and will it mean anything. No. I didn't care that much about grades in college, but then I missed graduating with honors because I had a 3. 748 and you had to have a 3.75 at Baylor to get honors.  Always so close...

We are going to sign our wills, medical and durable power of attorneys this morning. May get a few things when we are out.

After that, I don't know. I want to do nothing, but my husband will be busy with his to do lists and I always feel so lazy next to him. 

• Like 7

@TexasProud, hugs. Yes, others may not care, but I understand it mattering to you.

Ds had fairly easy classes, so I’m anxious to see how he does as they get more challenging. A good thing is he is aware of that and realizes it will take more time. He wasn’t the most serious student here at home, so I’m thankful to see him conscientious of his studies now. 

• Like 6

Good morning! Rough night and wake up. I just need dh to help le get ready for bed at 8 even thougj I may not ho to sleep until 12 or so. 

Shower

Eat breakfast

Cleaning service is coming to help organize kitchen pantry and  bathroom closet.

Pt will come too

Order online lots of stuff- chair, footrests, clothes, presents, Instacart

Call Mayo

• Like 6

Good morning!

Congrats on the great grades, @mom31257's son! Yay!!! 

@TexasProud, I totally get it on the "so close" grades. I am still mildly bitter that I missed graduating Top 15% in *highschool* by one person (because a good friend talked me into calculus, which I didn't need, and which I failed). Does it matter to anyone else at all? No. Was it a million years ago, and still annoys me? Yes.  Hopefully your test grade won't drop your average and you'll still get the honors grad. 

And I totally get that "DH will be busy and I will feel lazy" too. Mine cannot relax, and instead does chores *to* relax, so while *he* doesn't feel I'm being lazy when he does that, I do.....I have to remind myself every time, that's just him and it's okay if my relaxing looks like relaxing even though his looks like work. 

Anyway, on to my list:

....coffee
....go to Jury Duty, see if I get picked to stay or not
....come home and fold laundry
....if I have time/come home early enough, work on quilting
....dinner = beans (dh is cooking for work, we will eat the leftovers)
...veg out; the boys may or may not have time for a movie??? Oldest has a final exam tonight, not sure how long it will take

Okay, gotta go! Have to leave in 15 mins and I'm still in my PJs. Ha! Have a good day, y'all! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Amy - WOOHOO on those grades! @TexasProud - Hugs! That is a fantastic GPA, but I understand where you're coming from. @TheReader- jury duty? Well, that should be an interesting morning!

Office work:

Finish DD's driver's ed log
Send Mayo paperwork
Message dr to tweak meds
School Basics
Create monthly/weekly chore list per DH's request

Errands:

Goodwill drop off
Pick up Christmas cards
Get out cards
Library pickup

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Ds is doing some academic proficiency testing this morning at a school we’ve applied to for high school. He is somewhat behind academically, though very capable, and I hope they accept him. 

I’m enjoying coffee at a nearby bakery.

Later:

boy to school ✔️ 

drop something at my mom’s 

YNAB

grocery shopping

salmon into marinade ✔️ 

write last few Christmas cards

pick up Ds from school ✔️ 

pick up Dd from tutorial

Read!! ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mom31257 said:

@TravelingChris, sorry for the rough night! 

I got a message about some more tutoring. Extra money is nice! 

Thank you.  And if anyone can ever figure out how to keep my drastic fatigue snd cocommitant brain fog, aphasia, etc, I would like yo go back to tutoring.  I really enjoyed it.

• Like 4

Hello, I'm awake lol. 

Clean kitchen 

Catch up on laundry, put it away 

Dump old featherbed , I've been sleeping on it, I'm using it in my nest on the couch in our room and I woke up last night just completely poked with horrible cheap feathers and I had to change my clothes and it's going in the trash today! 

Put up tree 

Get decorations out, must find lights 

Make dinner 

It's warm here. 

Shower/ wash hair 

Pickup youngest 

• Like 4

Home -- I did not get picked for actual jury duty, but did get to sit & color for nearly two hours while I waited to find that out. Almost completed a whole postcard, so, yay. I donated my $6 "pay" to the K9 fund. 

Going to eat lunch (leftover gnocchi), probably take a nap, and then work on quilting. 

Emailed a parent to meet this week about enrolling her son mid-year in 1st Grade. Prayers appreciated for that meeting, when it takes place (I'll keep y'all posted), as it's a 5.5 yr old that the mom wants to start midyear in 1st grade. And so far she's not actually signed her emails or anything, so I'm addressing her by the name that shows up on the email address, which she hasn't corrected, so I guess is right, but..... I have so many questions though, and need to be sure that this kid is really able to just jump into middle of the year 1st grade, at 5.5, and doesn't need K instead (of which I don't exactly have space, but kind of). 

Anyway, hopefully she replies today to set a time/date to meet (I gave some options) and then I can plan the rest of my week. At some point I need to go to my grandma's, but hopefully later in the week once I've finished the quilt. 

Okay, food, nap, quilting. 

• Like 4

Howdie, happy Tuesday!

Another marathon training night/morning over.  Since last night I completed 15.75 hours of CLE/CPE.

I also sent out a couple of work reports and accomplished various smaller tasks.

Why do I do this to myself?  In my defense, this is partly the fault of Covid.  Due to Covid, I lost about 40 hours of CPE freebies for 2020-21.  Granted, those hours would not have been totally free given the amount of travel etc. required, but they would have been done before now.  But on the positive side, at least I didn't wait until Christmas to realize I was so behind.

I'm down to needing 8.5 hours, of which 8 are scheduled to be completed during "live webinar" meetings tomorrow & Thursday.  The other half hour will be some replay depending on what pops up as available in the next couple days.  Then I can log the stuff online, complete my CPA license renewal, and quit worrying about that for the rest of 2021.

Done:

• Lots of CLE/CPE.
  • Kids to school on time, yay!
  • Completed a couple accounting packages and other client work.
  • Pup duty.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.;

To do:

• Lots more client work.
  • Kid2 to horse barn, Kid1 back home for pup duty & homework.
  • Haircut for me?  Or wait until tomorrow and do it with my kid?
  • A little shopping?
  • Laundry.
  • Reading.
  • Exercise.
  • Cleaning.
  • Start on Christmas cards?
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

@SKL yay for you almost being done!! 

I have decided to put up all of my Christmas trees and all of the ornaments even the old old ornaments and all of my Christmas decorations. That way when my granddaughter comes into the house she'll be amazed and surprised and be all like ooh Grandma you're pretty cool! Thanks so much for all the stuff my little toddler hands can grab! Lol 

I've been cleaning and organizing sort of... I need to get my house ready for Christmas Eve, plus do regular cleaning. 

Haven't showered yet or wash my hair because DH requested to use it first, so now I'll take it later after I finish putting up the trees and then I'll clean the bathroom lol . 

Put in a huge load of the boys' hoodies. About to go tackle the dishes. 

Then hopefully change out of my pajamas to some other clothes than go pick up youngest from school. 

I'm really pushing that for Christmas Eve we serve my mother's spaghetti that she always used to serve on Christmas Eve. But we'll see what everyone decides. For the first time in a very very long time, and I hope I don't jinx it by saying it LOL I'm content and happy. I'm shocked as well! 🙂

• Like 5

Not much progress on my list, but have gotten some other things done.

Got gas - saw a friend there and visited a bit.
Started laundry
Assembled Brussels sprout and artichoke heart casserole.
Completed a camp form
Library

Checked price of sneakers for Ds. Too high. Might go with something less pricey. He needs both running shoes snd basketball shoes. Size 12.5!  

Cleaned the microwave
Emptied compost and took out recycling.
Scheduled a meeting.

Later:

Make dinner
Think about tomorrow 
Write a few Christmas cards
Read! 

• Like 5

Ok, home from the meeting. I am adding the kiddo to my K class, which sort of has an opening, technically, but also sort of not. This is okay, I hope. 

Oldest has an online final exam, for his in person class, b/c their prof is insane and also still wants them to come to class tonight (which should be the final exam, in person) so they can go over their last projects that were also due today. 

His other class w/that prof had no exam, and no class, and their last project was due a week ago. Why on earth this guy scheduled all the things for today for this class I have no idea.  So, DS is up there taking an online proctored exam, so I can't go sew (too loud). (well, the sewing, no, but w/o  music = not good). 

So now I'm just goofing off. Need to send a couple of emails and then will probably grab a snack and watch some TV I have recorded. 

• Like 4

@SKL, that's a lot of hours in a short time! Good for you for getting them done. 

@TheReader, hope it goes well with the new kiddo. 

@MooCow, you make me want to be a grandma, but it's not happening anytime soon. I think the little boys across the street seem so cute, but they don't know me. I would gladly play with them, watch them, whatever. Hopefully, we'll have a good relationship someday. 

Back from errands, paid water bill, paid post office bill, went to three different grocery stores in town. 

Put away groceries

Put load of laundry in the dryer  

Talked to the new family about tutoring; session happening tomorrow afternoon to go over things for a final (I LOVE it when people ask for help at the last minute and are looking for a miracle! 🙄

Might relax for a bit and watch something before I cook dinner. 

• Like 5

Okay, DH won't be home before Oldest needs to leave to attend the class he has tonight (I really despise this professor so much), and he has all the dinner (beans from his work party), soo....into the kitchen go I to make some biscuits and misc. stuff so oldest can take a breakfast sandwich (for dinner) and we can have something with the beans other than....beans. 

• Like 4

@mom31257 my son and his wife and daughter live an hour away from us. It's all driving. There is an older woman in their neighborhood who just loves loves loves my granddaughter! She gives her little gifts in their mailbox bubbles chalk, etc. She has offered to babysit my granddaughter as well. At first it was really freaking out my daughter-in-law, she was like mom do you think this lady is a stalker?! 😂 And I was like no she's probably lonely and granddaughter is awfully sweet and cute and who wouldn't want to play with her?! Alas, my son is not ready for her to watch his daughter yet. I don't blame him, he wants her to do it at their house and he's going to hook up Nanny cams. I told him you have to let her know.

• Like 5

Dinner was good and is cleaned up. Dishwasher running. Oxyclean load soaking.

Dh went out to take my mom home from the ER. She’s fine; just a routine CT bc she fell and konked her head. Her AL place just wanted to make sure she didn’t have any concussion. 

Hunted online to find Lily’s white chocolate peppermint bars. Found a couple places to look tomorrow. 

Made Dd sit down and do her homework for her last lit class before break. She had two exams today and is a little flighty.

Next up:

read!

• Like 5

I decided to do a couple more one-hour trainings kuz why not ....

Fed the pup his wormer medicine ... he does not like these any more, so I had to cut it up and put it in pieces of meat.

Picked kid up from the barn, made a grocery run, cooked dinner, washed dishes.

Would like to go to bed a bit early tonight after 3 nights of not really sleeping properly.

I hope nobody asks me to do laundry tonight.

• Like 3

@mom31257Congrats to your son

@TexasProudI can so relate to this.

@ScoutTNHope your son gets accepted. Glad your Mom got checked out and ok.    

I was able to get my covid booster. So far doing well. I was able to schedule both ds for their boosters right after Christmas. then everyone here will be up on their covid vax.  

Youngest ds just passed his Animation School level 6 class on Feature Animation, Acting and Polishing- so proud of him-he is over the moon excited.  As an an alumni he qualifies to continue taking specialized classes with their mentors. He now has the training needed to begin working in films/tv which he would love. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ScoutTN, so glad your mom is okay! 

@history-fan, I pray you continue to do well with the booster as well as everyone else. Congratulations to your son. That sounds amazing! 

Cooked dinner for me and ds. 

Dh texted and they won both the JV and Varsity games. They are in the top 10 in the state for their class. 

I didn't watch anything before dinner, but I watched The Unforgivable on Netflix. It was so good! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, history-fan said:

@mom31257Congrats to your son

@TexasProudI can so relate to this.

@ScoutTNHope your son gets accepted. Glad your Mom got checked out and ok.    

I was able to get my covid booster. So far doing well. I was able to schedule both ds for their boosters right after Christmas. then everyone here will be up on their covid vax.  

Youngest ds just passed his Animation School level 6 class on Feature Animation, Acting and Polishing- so proud of him-he is over the moon excited.  As an an alumni he qualifies to continue taking specialized classes with their mentors. He now has the training needed to begin working in films/tv which he would love. 

this is very cool! One of my sons is possibly pursuing something similar; many congratulations to your son! 

• Like 3