Menu

Quick! If you were making pizza right now…

MEmama

2 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

I don't think you need one - I agree with @TechWife, pesto and butternut squash seems a little off to me? But it could be amazing. I'd think about brushing the dough w/ olive oil and more garlic, but I like garlic!

I like garlic too, and that’s exactly what I did! 🙂 

• Like 4

When I used caramelized onion on pizza, it's the main thing on the crust.  No sauce.  Just slather the onions everywhere, which also coats the crust with olive oil of course (since that is what I cook them in.) Then I dot it with crumbled blue cheese, and a tiny sprinkle of finely minced fresh rosemary.  I learned this from the Chez Panisse 'Pasta Pizza and Calzone' cookbook.  It's wonderful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MEmama said:

And you were going to top it with dabs of butternut squash purée, caramelized onions, garlic, and ricotta and mozzarella cheese…what kind of sauce would you use? Does it need one? 

In my case, it wouldn't matter because I would be kicked out of my house if I ever put butternut squash puree on a pizza. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, MEmama said:

Thanks, all! I knew you’d understand the mid-dinner prep panic and be fast with responses! 

I opted for olive oil this time, and swapped mozzarella for Asiago. It looks promising. The low carb crust I make tends to work out well. 

Can I have your crust recipe? Pretty please 🙂

1 hour ago, Hilltopmom said:

Can I have your crust recipe? Pretty please 🙂

Of course! It’s very simple.

Mix together:

1.5 cups almond flour

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4-1/2 cup water

I press out the dough (it will be a little sticky but shouldn’t be too wet) onto a silicone baking mat on a half size baking sheet. Bake  at 350 ~ 20 minutes (25 or so in my oven) or until slightly crispy.

Top as desired and bake however long you like toppings baked. 🙂 

• Thanks 1