Menu

Update Josh Duggar trial, mid-day. The other OP for day 4 was so long, I thought I would give a fresh one. Update confirmation.

Faith-manor

James Fortrell, one of the computer experts, testified this morning that he did investigate the possibility of remote triggered download. He found no evidence of it and such an explanation did not fit the pattern of download/useage. I assume that means that it is quite doubtful this could have occurred, and it had to be done in person. That said, I am not a technological wizard nor do I play one in real life. I am more of the "Daisy Mae Clampett" of the computer world. So take this under advisement. 

At any rate, this is something the defense brought up yesterday when someone else, a.different tech person, was on the stand. So apparently the prosecution was able to provide testimony against the idea.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 4

• Faith-manor changed the title to Update Josh Duggar trial, mid-day. The other OP for day 4 was so long, I thought I would give a fresh one. Update confirmation.

Multiple sources in the court room YouTube blogger, The Sun, local t.v. news, etc. that more physical evidence was presented before the lunch break. Whatever was shown was very upsetting to the jury, and some jurors cried. The prosecution, either deliberately or accidentally who knows, bumped their screen so that Anna could see it for a few seconds. 

Then lunch break. I don't know how the jurors are going to eat. They need to because they must keep their strength up. But seriously, I would be unable to do so. I hope the bailiff, usually charged with taking care of the jurors, is keeping an eye on this. Some folks may need some juice this afternoon and a mental health break this afternoon.

• Sad 2

Thanks for the updates. 

May I respectfully suggest, though, that you refrain from creating any more new threads on this topic, and simply keep all the remaining news in this one thread? One thread that is easy to catch up on?

As a once active, now retired from participation, but still reading boardie, too many threads on the same topic are hard to track as people continue to respond to previous ones even after fresh ones are created. 

Again, I thank you for your reports and do understand this is close to home for you in many ways. I personally just need to find it easier to follow along. Thanks. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Thanks for the updates. 

May I respectfully suggest, though, that you refrain from creating any more new threads on this topic, and simply keep all the remaining news in this one thread? One thread that is easy to catch up on?

As a once active, now retired from participation, but still reading boardie, too many threads on the same topic are hard to track as people continue to respond to previous ones even after fresh ones are created. 

Again, I thank you for your reports and do understand this is close to home for you in many ways. I personally just need to find it easier to follow along. Thanks. 

I agree actually and I'm here daily. It makes me crazy to have to check like 4-5 threads just on this topic.  Thank you for updating us!!!

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Thanks for the updates. 

I can try. But it gets really hard to keep editing, and they get longer and longer. People ping me and ask where the updates are because they can't immediately find them.

I am in a bit of a bind. Maybe next week I will only do one super long one at the end of the day and that is it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I can try. But it gets really hard to keep editing, and they get longer and longer. People ping me and ask where the updates are because they can't immediately find them.

I am in a bit of a bind. Maybe next week I will only do one super long one at the end of the day and that is it.

I imagine they aren’t finding them because they have to search through several threads to get all the latest - because others are also contributing to the conversation. 

That’s my circumstance, anyway. I’ll say no more. ETA except that I don’t understand the need to edit anything - just keep adding new details to the end instead of changing up the middle or starting another thread. 

🤐

• Like 5

I don't mind having all updates in one thread or in separate threads. Whatever works for the person taking the time to post updates.

And thank you @Faith-manor, I've learned a lot from the background and analysis you have shared over the years about IBLP etc. (did I get the acronym right?); it was completely outside of my sphere of experience.

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Why not just make new posts as events unfold? Then people can just go to the first new post and catch up? I find that MUCH easier to follow than multiple threads or "update in first post." I never had understood that one.

I do appreciate the updates. I don't follow/know nearly as much about the Duggars as most of you, but I do want to keep up with this trial.

• Like 13

Okay, on Monday I have some errands I need to run for my mother in law. I will be following the trial, but to keep things easy, I am going to just do one end of day trial update. From there we will have to see because the prosecution still has witnesses. But the defense only has four. I have no idea if they can wrap that up into one day, or if it will go into Tuesday. The judge had told the jury he expected 5-6 days of trial and today is the 3rd day since opening statements, but the 4th day considering the pre-trial hearing. Maybe Tuesday they will be done? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

The prosecution, either deliberately or accidentally who knows, bumped their screen so that Anna could see it for a few seconds. 

I'm not saying this to be mean- but I hope she saw it.  I hope she wakes up to what her husband is - that her in-laws would protect him before their own children.  That her in-laws would protect him - before Anna's children.  She needs a "come to Jesus" reality check.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Why not just make new posts as events unfold? Then people can just go to the first new post and catch up? I find that MUCH easier to follow than multiple threads or "update in first post." I never had understood that one.

I do appreciate the updates. I don't follow/know nearly as much about the Duggars as most of you, but I do want to keep up with this trial.

I agree completely, and it would also keep things simpler for Faith and anyone else who wanted to add their comments and/or info.

• Like 5

I just wanted to thank Faith for the updates.  I just tried to read some on my own and just half of one sentence will haunt me for a very long time.  I closed the page immediately and I just can't.  

I know I'm new here, but Faith, I hope you can find peace, and maybe even try to step back from the details.  "It really was really, really bad," is all any of us need to know.  

It is a sad day. 

• Like 10

I do wonder about the endurance of those jurors. Just regarding two cases we have had in the office, bits of the discovery that I read and photos I saw disturbed me so thoroughly I could not stop thinking about it for days. I had to use my Calm app to be able to turn my brain off and go to sleep and I got up in the middle of the night a few times and slept on the beanbag while playing my Calm app. 

• Sad 10

3 minutes ago, AbcdeDooDah said:

"An image was shown that was allegedly a reflection of Josh Duggar in the computer screen 45 minutes before Tor was downloaded." 

From the Sun, but still.

What an absolute moron. 

In this case, I’m thrilled to hear that he is proving to be an absolute moron!

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I am seeing reports that Anna’s first emotional outburst was over seeing her cell phone number and bank account and Instagram password posted—not over the imagery. I also haven’t seen anything about Anna sobbing…but I am also skim reading.

Do we have a timeframe for Anna crying?

I'm wondering this, too. I hope @Faith-manor will post the links where she saw Anna sobbing. I know she says a lot of the information on those links is disturbing, but we are all adults here and I think we will be able to determine whether or not we can handle it. Obviously, I don't want her to embed the links, out of respect for anyone who doesn't want to read anything graphic, but posting a link or even the name of the website(s) would seem perfectly fine to do.

Personally, I am also wondering if Faith still has the link to the video she described in an earlier thread of Josh dragging Anna on the steps of the court building and walking into the courthouse in front of her without holding the door open for her, because I was never able to find that link, either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I'm wondering this, too. I hope @Faith-manor will post the links where she saw Anna sobbing. I know she says a lot of the information on those links is disturbing, but we are all adults here and I think we will be able to determine whether or not we can handle it. Obviously, I don't want her to embed the links, out of respect for anyone who doesn't want to read anything graphic, but posting a link or even the name of the website(s) would seem perfectly fine to do.

Personally, I am also wondering if Faith still has the link to the video she described in an earlier thread of Josh dragging Anna on the steps of the court building and walking into the courthouse in front of her without holding the door open for her, because I was never able to find that link, either.

I saw quite a few threads with videos on Reddit. Some Reddit threads actually warn about matured contents

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I saw quite a few threads with videos on Reddit. Some Reddit threads actually warn about matured contents

Not picking at you, Arcadia, OK?

Reddit (and a lot of other media, websites, and so on) need another label.  "Mature content" my ____.  "Sociopathic content." "Deviant content." I am a mature person but that doesn't mean I want to have my mind filled with filth.

This really makes me angry.  

FaithManor made a wonderful post upthread about how there isn't really any way around this, and I can't fault her post. But it still makes me angry that normal people have to look at this VILE FILTH to provide justice.  

I know a man who works in the justice department, in a job that involves looking at this sort of thing to bust the producers of this content.  He speaks of it as a very dark world and how he does battle -- spiritual, mental health -- to keep his sanity...because he knows that he is doing battle for GOOD.  But he is very clear that the battle is against EVIL, and it is a dark place. He has a lot of spiritual and mental health care in his life.  The jury and anyone who is watching this because they HAVE to should have the same care.

I am angry.

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Resilient said:

Not picking at you, Arcadia, OK?

Reddit (and a lot of other media, websites, and so on) need another label.  "Mature content" my ____.  "Sociopathic content." "Deviant content." I am a mature person but that doesn't mean I want to have my mind filled with filth.

I just skimmed Reddit. DailyMail, The Sun also wrote about the trial.

ETA: The first few lines that show up on Google search is bad enough without clicking on the news links

Edited by Arcadia

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I just skimmed Reddit. DailyMail, The Sun also wrote about the trial.

ETA: The first few lines that show up on Google search is bad enough without clicking on the news links

I know.  I really didn't think at all that you were digging deep here.  I am so angry at this whole thing, and all I meant to say was that "mature content" isn't an accurate label.  KWIM?

• Like 4

There is a TikTok lawyer, carriejernigan1, who has a bunch of trial recaps and, thus far, has avoided all of the horrific details. She has mostly focused on the expert tech testimony.

I’m not promising that she won’t be saying the parts no one actually wants to listen to in the upcoming days, given what that content might be, but it seems like she will do everything she can to avoid it and continue focusing on conveying the legal strategies employed.

Just wanted to share for those who are working hard to avoid the things they don’t want in their minds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just watched all of careiejernigan’s TikTok synopses. She’s my hero now! I love how she explains what the defense AND the prosecutor *may* do or how they will try to make their case. It’s awesome. And I’m not too worried about accidentally reading/hearing something that is going to give me a week of insomnia. 

• Like 2