Menu

Duggar trial day 3, unfortunate update, interesting update 4:49 pm EST at bottom of thread.

Faith-manor

4 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

He did it at her wedding. Jbob insisted that Josh give a speech/toast though no alcohol involved. He called her out for tattletaling on him at her own wedding, and JB was complicit.

I sometimes wish judges had the right to do some public penance stuff before peeps began their sentence. You know, like "Joshua Duggar you are hereby ordered to be tied to a tree in the town square with a billboard next to your head letting the community know what kind of piece of trash you are and baskets of tomatoes will be provided for your neighbors and sisters to pummel you with after which you will be remanded to custody to begin your sentence of mining granite with a teaspoon on expired m.r.e. rations with the candy removed at the South Pole."

One can dream. Yes, the cruel and unusual punishment clause of the constitution is utterly lost on me at times like this.

HER WEDDING??????

Her special day, crapped on by that in front of everyone....there are no words.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeppermintPattie said:

Do you know how old Joy was when she was molested? I read that she was too young to remember, but I wonder if that's true...

I think she was four?  I was molested once by a teenage neighbor - and not more than 3 or 4.  I never forgot.

57 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

That makes me feel literally ill. If the parents knew he was framing it that way, how in the world could they justify his staying around their home? Because the level of hostility and tension that would bring to the girls is unimaginable. And having to pretend all "happy family" with that underlying stress...I wonder about the level of anxiety that is present there. How are those young women not dealing with panic attacks and depression? Or are they just pushing it down and faking their way through life?

He was the first born son.  Every other child would be thrown under the bus for him.   

This is also a reflection of how little they value girls. (The messages given that girls shouldn't expect to receive equal respect to men.)

likely the latter.

49 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

He did it at her wedding. Jbob insisted that Josh give a speech/toast though no alcohol involved. He called her out for tattletaling on him at her own wedding, and JB was complicit.

I sometimes wish judges had the right to do some public penance stuff before peeps began their sentence. You know, like "Joshua Duggar you are hereby ordered to be tied to a tree in the town square with a billboard next to your head letting the community know what kind of piece of trash you are and baskets of tomatoes will be provided for your neighbors and sisters to pummel you with after which you will be remanded to custody to begin your sentence of mining granite with a teaspoon on expired m.r.e. rations with the candy removed at the South Pole."

One can dream. Yes, the cruel and unusual punishment clause of the constitution is utterly lost on me at times like this.

eh - let's just go back to him having to have a great big "I'm a pedo" tattooed on his face.

I'd love to see JB spend some time behind bars.