Menu

What Our Ring Doorbell Captured Today

JumpyTheFrog

Wow! That’s horrible! I would complain to the company that shipped it. I have had a company  give me a replacement order because of an incompetent delivery person. 

• Like 7

I'm surprised ANY employee thinks he can get by with ridiculous behavior. 
There are cameras EVERYWHERE now. 😉

AND . . . do they think the customers just don't care if their items are delivered?!?
Or that the packages are all tracked?!?

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 8

So good luck doing anything about it. We tried. FedEx delivery is really very very poor. Ours delivers all over our property. Like in bushes hundreds of feet away from our house. If we get lucky and they bring it near the house, they open the slider, throw the boxes out onto the grass. It tumbles and crunches the corners of the box, ruining the contents inside. When you take it up the ladder with the company you will discover the policy is that as long as they manage to get it within your property line, even if that is under the wheel behind your van (yes, they did this and we ran it over), it is delivered correctly. They will do nothing. They do not care. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

I’ve been waiting for 5 weeks for a package sent via FedEx. I finally contacted the company I ordered from to inquire; they replied immediately and said they have never had so many problems using FedEx as they have this year. They promptly sent me a replacement item and a free item to accompany it. I’m so impressed with them; it was beyond generous. Hopefully I receive it! 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, bluemongoose said:

Jean, I am glad that it works for people who live in town. I live in the country. Most of the places on my property that FedEx puts my packages are so far from my doorstep that it wouldn't even show up in a ring video even if I had ring. 

?  But the entire point of the OP is that she does have Ring and can see what happened on it. 

• Like 1

The most frustrating thing to me is how unpredictable the delivery services are. Today I had a delivery from FedEx and  the carrier brought it to my front door, handed it to me, and was very pleasant.  Yesterday my usually reliable USPS carrier threw an Amazon box onto my porch- up four stairs and across the porch-and the box was clearly open. It was open before she tossed it.  it’s just so hard to know WHO to choose to ship things, though with many orders it’s not my choice anyway. 
OP, I’d  contact FedEx. they might not do anything but if they don’t hear the complaints they definitely can’t address the problem.  I know I’m naive thinking these companies care. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SusanC said:

I see which way FedEx sentiment is heading here, but allow me to temper that a tiny bit by letting the Hive know that our FedEx delivery person wears an official-looking, FedEx blue kilt as he makes deliveries. Just in case that matters to anyone.

Decision made.

I'm moving into your neighborhood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, JumpyTheFrog said:

FedEx was delivering a large box. The guy wasn't holding it by the bottom, and the bottom gave out. Approximately 12 items fell on the driveway. He bought about 4 of them to the porch, then jumped into the truck and drove off!

In a county a few counties away from us, a Fedex driver was dumping packages into a ravine.  At first, they thought it was only one shipment.   Yesterday the sheriff announced that it was four truckloads dumped .  They know who the driver is and they will be bringing charges.  Fortunately, we had very little rain in Nov so it looks like most packages survived.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

I think I would let FedEx know. They have a problem in the company. A driver in the Birmingham, AL area threw about a hundred packages into a wooded ravine area. This does not bode well for the company.

Yes, it is in a county between my city and Birmingham.  And since it is next to Marshall County which is part of our viewing area, parts of Blount County are in our viewing area and parts are in B'ham's.  Cullman is the same way- our stations here give tornado warnings to parts of Cullman County too.

We recently had FedEx driver leave a package along the side of the road. It was delivered by a nice TXDOT worker that found it. The road it was left on is similar to our street name, (ex: Smith Farm Rd vs Smith Rd), so I can understand the mistake, but seriously. It's an empty road. There are no houses or businesses there. Why would you think "yup, side of the road looks fine", and dump it?! 

When I called FedEx, they kept trying to turf the problem to Target. "Just contact Target for a replacement". This isn't Target's fault! Your dumb driver dumped the package on the side of the road! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

I think I would let FedEx know. They have a problem in the company. A driver in the Birmingham, AL area threw about a hundred packages into a wooded ravine area. This does not bode well for the company.

My issue here has always been FedEx and never UPS. 

I’m so sorry you had this happen but so glad you have a camera. Or FedEx got delivered a laptop beside our outgoing trash one year in December before Christmas. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Same fellas I have in my contacts so he can call me when he has an issue. He was the first person I called when our dog died. Our relationship has been a work in progress. 

2 hours ago, LuvToRead said:

The reason I no longer order from Misfits Markets or Imperfect Foods is because of FedEx.  Damaged boxes and boxes 2 or 3 days late means disgusting produce, especially in the summer.

My Misfit box is delivered by a dude in a van with no uniform lol ( I mean... he is dressed just not in a shipping co uniform lol) not sure if its affiliated with one of the big shippers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuvToRead said:

The reason I no longer order from Misfits Markets or Imperfect Foods is because of FedEx.  Damaged boxes and boxes 2 or 3 days late means disgusting produce, especially in the summer.

I had this problem too. Imperfect got so many complaints and canceled accounts that they finally started delivering themselves in my area. It took about a year for them to make the choice to leave FedEx, but man I am so glad they did!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluemongoose said:

I had this problem too. Imperfect got so many complaints and canceled accounts that they finally started delivering themselves in my area. It took about a year for them to make the choice to leave FedEx, but man I am so glad they did!

I live in the rural midwest so I think I am too far out for this.  I may look back into it though.  I would be thrilled if UPS would deliver because I have had very few issues with UPS.  I have so many issues with FedEx over the years.

Edited by LuvToRead

What has happened to Fed Ex?  Not that long ago, they were the most dependable delivery company in our area.  I loved when a package came FedEx because I knew it would arrive on time or earlier than expected.  Now they never actually get our packages to our house; they always (for at least the last four years) deliver our packages to our nextdoor neighbor's house.  Always!  No other delivery service has this problem.

17 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Where I used to work i got very friendly with the UPS driver over the years (ok, fine, I had a bit of a crush on him, lol....I think he liked me too a bit..but we just chatted when he delivered stuff.) Anyway, he told me about how UPS really treated drivers well compared to Fed Ex. The UPS driver was home for dinner each night but the Fed Ex guys had to keep going and going until sometimes 10pm, and were just treated like crap. UPS drivers were really treated well (at that time, anyway) and stayed loyal and had much less turn over. 

Treat your employees badly, and this is what happens. Stressed out, trying to get home before midnight with too many deliveries, and they just don't care I guess. 

Plus, we all know UPS drivers are better looking 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

FedEx is using tons of contracting companies right now for many of their deliveries.  It’s quite possible that even driving a FedEx truck or wearing a FedEx shirt that the employee was brand new to his job, doesn’t know up fro down yet in terms of how to do his job and panicked about being late to the next delivery.  

Not an excuse for this behavior at all but FedEx needs to get their act together on their staffing. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Where I used to work i got very friendly with the UPS driver over the years (ok, fine, I had a bit of a crush on him, lol....I think he liked me too a bit..but we just chatted when he delivered stuff.) Anyway, he told me about how UPS really treated drivers well compared to Fed Ex. The UPS driver was home for dinner each night but the Fed Ex guys had to keep going and going until sometimes 10pm, and were just treated like crap. UPS drivers were really treated well (at that time, anyway) and stayed loyal and had much less turn over. 

Treat your employees badly, and this is what happens. Stressed out, trying to get home before midnight with too many deliveries, and they just don't care I guess. 

UPS Drivers are generally FT employees and the pay is very, very good.  FedEx is using a lot of contractors right now and there are harsh penalties for not finishing out a load.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Agreed. Local UPS drivers say they love their jobs. They get on as seasonal part time at first but with good pay, and it is usually not a long wait to be full time with benefits. The medical insurance is pretty good. We have not heard such things of FedEx. Of course UPS is more expensive because they pay better and have good benefits. However, I would prefer to pay more for shipping in order to support a better company, and I wish that more retailers used UPS than FedEx because of this. Supporting better companies is how things change for the better for the labor force. It is hard to convince a lot to folks of that though!

I figure whomever it was in Alabama had probably just reached the breaking point, flipped out, couldn't take it anymore, tossed the rest of his or her load, and went home. Not right. But under some circumstances, not a shocker sand maybe just a little.bit relatable.

I was being sincere when I said that I was glad that people in town (in my mind that included the OP) have the ability to use social media to get some response from FedEx. IMO it will just be a farcical response to make themselves look better and only because they have been called out publicly. Underneath that response though is a company who has shown time and time again that they do not care. And since they do not care, they will certainly not do anything about the dismal service to those who have no way to use social media to shame them and get a better service. Since they do not care about their service, they will not truly fix it. They will just continue to give lip service when needed about how much they care about their customers etc etc (see FedEx's quote in news reports of the ditched packages in the ravine). 

As PPs said, FedEx treats their employees like crap. They have contracting companies that work for them and don't know what they are doing. Our UPS guy said that it matters from the customer to driver level too in that if he does a poor job, he will hear directly from his manager about it and if he doesn't fix how he delivers, he could lose his job. FedEx holds its drivers more loosie goosy. The driver might get wind of the complaint, but more likely, as long as the truck is emptied, FedEx will say nothing. FedEx doesnt care about the customer or the driver...they just want that truck empty even if the driver is burnt out and underpaid, even if the packages are delivered incorrectly and stuff is damaged, even if the customer is actually furious. As long as the customer recieved a (dinged up) box (with ruined merchandise), they accomplished the mission. If you complain, they give lip service. If you go up the chain, you find out that you would be better off yelling at the wind. They do not care. But hey, they will remind you that you can take it up with the company that sent it to you...cuz why not let another company take the blame for your crappy delivery service. 

Luvtoread- I also live rural (though not midwest) and I was shocked when I got the email from Imperfect that they were now self-delivering in my area. I didnt expect that in a million years. Nothing really delivers out here except UPS, FedEx, and USPS. I called to verify that it was true. They said they had so many complaints, reimbursed merchandise from damaged shipping, and people canceling their Imperfect accounts, that they decided it was worthwhile to start delivery in my area. Like I said, it took a full year from the time I gave up and canceled to when I got the email. If you like Imperfect, send them an email and tell them exactly why you had to leave. Explain in great detail how FedEx screwed you over. They do listen. If they get enough complaints, they may decide to deliver in your area too. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluemongoose said:

Luvtoread- I also live rural (though not midwest) and I was shocked when I got the email from Imperfect that they were now self-delivering in my area. I didnt expect that in a million years. Nothing really delivers out here except UPS, FedEx, and USPS. I called to verify that it was true. They said they had so many complaints, reimbursed merchandise from damaged shipping, and people canceling their Imperfect accounts, that they decided it was worthwhile to start delivery in my area. Like I said, it took a full year from the time I gave up and canceled to when I got the email. If you like Imperfect, send them an email and tell them exactly why you had to leave. Explain in great detail how FedEx screwed you over. They do listen. If they get enough complaints, they may decide to deliver in your area too. 

Thank you!  I am going to check this out!  Because of where I live Imperfect Foods is very appealing.  I can get stuff through Imperfect Foods I can't get locally, like leeks and bok choy.   But time and time again I got smashed fruit, lettuce that had been shredded, food that sat in the truck too long and was no longer edible. 

Edited by LuvToRead

3 minutes ago, LuvToRead said:

Thank you!  I am going to check this out!  Because of where I live Imperfect Foods is very appealing.  I can get stuff through Imperfect Foods I can't get locally, like leeks and bok choy.   But time and time again I got smashed fruit, lettuce that had been shredded, food that sat in the truck too long and was no longer edible. 

I hear ya! I had the smashed boxes, missing boxes, late spoiled food filled boxes, and also the fun easter egg hunt of finding the boxes somewhere on my property (sometimes filled with ants by the time I found them). When Imperfect delivers their own boxes, these problems are solved. Sometimes I do get one piece of fruit that bruised another piece, but that is the extent of it. The boxes arrive on my porch, on the day expected, cold, and the box is undamaged. I couldn't be happier. It is a godsend to have this service, especially during COVID times. 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, TravelingChris said:

In a county a few counties away from us, a Fedex driver was dumping packages into a ravine.  At first, they thought it was only one shipment.   Yesterday the sheriff announced that it was four truckloads dumped .  They know who the driver is and they will be bringing charges.  Fortunately, we had very little rain in Nov so it looks like most packages survived.

This has made the national news: FedEx driver dumping packages

10 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Where I used to work i got very friendly with the UPS driver over the years (ok, fine, I had a bit of a crush on him, lol....  

Are you on TikToc? So many UPS drivers have accounts, lol. Most of them doing silly dances and stuff. Some cute ones to crush on 😎

• Haha 1

The thing that’s burned me up recently is when delivery people can’t be bothered to come all the way down my long driveway so they just sit a package in the roadside weeds next to my driveway! 🤬 This past weeend there was a Stitch Fix box with $230/clothes in it sitting in the freaking weeds by my driveway. I mean really now! 

• Confused 1

We have had many, many problems with Fed Ex and none with UPS. Last year we had so many That we finally got fed up and we started complaining to the company every time they messed up, whether it was delivery to the wrong address or saying they had “attempted delivery” on Friday when they had done no such thing and we had security camera video to prove it (this was a common problem - Fridays, and only Fridays, we would have things that tracking showed either delivered or “attempted” when no one had been to the house all day and the road was fine, then they’d show up the next week). 

and it was a lot like yelling into a black hole, but then they delivered a package to a place seven miles away and we complained, and the driver had to come back and personally apologize (which I had to sign off on. Poor guy. ) and suddenly we’ve had no problems with Fed Ex since. We still never get the same driver twice, though.

We live rurally and it’s not surprising that sometimes they have a hard time finding the house. But over and over, when UPS manages it all the time, is a problem. And there are days when legitimately the road is muddy and you can’t get down it, and saying “attempted delivery” is fine, because you did. But don’t lie about it. Some of those packages we needed on the day they were expected.

so I don’t know if repeated complaints really help build a history that is more likely to get action, or if we just got lucky somehow. It’s worth a shot. And I think in at least one of them, my husband mentioned that we’d actually paid extra sometimes to use UPS to avoid problems.

My ds had a job while in college on campus on a loading dock. He drove one of those little teeny cars around campus, unloaded, loaded, and delivered stuff. He eventually became the lead person and then had to deal with UPS and FEDEX directly. He soon learned (and later told me) how utterly awful FEDEX is. I had no idea! He has great respect for UPS, but he says FEDEX is terrible.

1 hour ago, katilac said:

This has made the national news: FedEx driver dumping packages

Are you on TikToc? So many UPS drivers have accounts, lol. Most of them doing silly dances and stuff. Some cute ones to crush on 😎

The Fed Ex guy at the museum is HOT and adorably sweet! I am so sad I don't work Fridays any more because I rarely see him. LOL

• Haha 2

My dd2 went to Rhodes College and has a CS degree (with physics minor).  Rhodes is in Memphis and Fedex is based in Memphis.  She was called by them to come for an interview--she hadn't applied for the job.  She turned it down because it was well known that they treated their employees badly- all employees, not just drivers/  

Oh and another county in AL also had another Fed Ex dump that was found this week.