Menu

Really nice scented lotions? Candy?

Drama Llama

I need to buy a gift for an older woman.  Pretty smelling lotion has been suggested as something she likes.

I'd love to do something artisan, or a little different, that she might not have smelled before.  Any suggestions?  No allergies or intolerances.  

Her husband would like candy.  Something a little nicer like almond bark, rather than snickers.  Any suggestions there?

My goal is to be done shopping tomorrow.  

Edited by Baseballandhockey
it's always grammar with me.

Costco and Sam’s have some really good dark chocolate peppermint bark right now in their deli section. 

I recently bought some Kiehl’s hand cream and it has a nice, subtle scent and is very moisturizing. The bottle isn’t necessarily pretty, but the scent reminds me of something in a spa, light and slightly minty (not perfume-y) Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for, but Kiehl’s is a “nicer” lotion, imo.

Edited by mmasc
Typo

Origins has a gift set of three lotions (ginger, grapefruit, mint) that are all really nice and as far as candy goes Entstroms toffee (discovered this when we moved to CO) is delicious.  I will be buying a box to send to my parents in Texas for Christmas.

Bath and Body Works has a large variety of scented lotions. 
Mant of the mail order places such as Hickory Farms, Harry &David, Swiss Colony do candy that is good, but for the price it is small amounts. If you don’t have to mail, I would check your local mall for a Godiva store, or find a local small chocolate shop in your community.

6 hours ago, DinCO said:

Origins has a gift set of three lotions (ginger, grapefruit, mint) that are all really nice and as far as candy goes Entstroms toffee (discovered this when we moved to CO) is delicious.  I will be buying a box to send to my parents in Texas for Christmas.

Thank you!  We had a relative who sent us Enstrom’s as a child.  I kept thinking it would be perfect, but I didn’t know the name or it they still existed.  I have ordered a box for him!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

Buff City Soaps has some really nice smells. They're local to me, but have been spreading out lately. https://www.buffcitysoap.com. I’m sensitive to a lot of things, but don’t have trouble with these (although the physical store is a bit overpowering). 

Is there a particular scent you like?  There needs to be scratch and sniff internet, because I have no idea how I can decide whether "All Hail the Queen" smells better than "Narcissist" soap. 

That's the kind of thing I want. They have plenty of money, so getting them something they could get at a local store isn't going to feel special, if that makes sense.  I want something that will feel like a nice new discovery, maybe from a shop they haven't heard of.  

1 hour ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Is there a particular scent you like?  There needs to be scratch and sniff internet, because I have no idea how I can decide whether "All Hail the Queen" smells better than "Narcissist" soap. 

That's the kind of thing I want. They have plenty of money, so getting them something they could get at a local store isn't going to feel special, if that makes sense.  I want something that will feel like a nice new discovery, maybe from a shop they haven't heard of.  

Did you see this page about their scents?  If you're pairing soap plus lotion maybe the soap design will help you pick.

https://www.buffcitysoap.com/pages/our-scents

10 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I like crabtree and evelyn lotions.  My daughter says they smell "dusty" but I think that bit of earthiness balances the scent so that it doesn't smell cloyingly sweet. I also like citrusy lotions.

I LOVED Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater when I was a teen! I hadn’t thought of that in years. 

14 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I like the citrus ones the best, personally-good morning Sunshine is my personal favorite. Narcissist is a fairly light scent and is pretty pleasant. And also just plain an attractive bar of soap. I also swear by their headache shower fizzies, especially during allergy season. 

I’ll also say that pretty much any of their fragrances are less overpowering than Bath and Body works. 

Edited by Dmmetler

• 11 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 7:13 PM, Baseballandhockey said:

I really like the narcissist scent. Buff City just opened in our town. All of the scents smell pretty good. You can't go wrong with selecting some from there.